The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 5 May 2017, 03:15 AM   #1
japenney
"TRF" Member

Watch: undecided
Looking for advice on these vintage pens..

So I have no knowledge about vintage pens. These were left to me. They are all Parker pens (duofold?). I think some of them could be worth something. Unfortunately I am not sure. Any advice is appreciated as I would like do sell them eventually as a lot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170504_143853765.jpg (74.5 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170504_143903329.jpg (64.6 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170504_143932794.jpg (69.3 KB, 154 views)
japenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2017, 03:19 AM   #2
japenney
"TRF" Member

I didn't even see we had a pen forum....could a moderator move this thread please !!
Old 5 May 2017, 04:53 AM   #3
jar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Samsung Gear S3
You have a few interesting pens there but without som much better pictures it's hard to say too much.

The three bottom left are two vacumatics and a Duofold. There is a pencil in the upper batch that is likely part of a set with the top one in the bottom three pens. Keep those two together.

In the top herd there are at least two Sheaffer school pens, one missing a cap.

Between the green Sheaffer school pen and the Parker Vac pencil looks like a Parker "51" pencil.

The three Parkers below the red Sheaffer school pen seem to be a "51" (Maybe a double jewel, get better pictures of that one) then likely a UK Parker Duofold and the another "51".

None are really valuable but as family heirlooms priceless. All need cleaning and a "Spa Day" but those I listed all have some value.
jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2017, 05:04 AM   #4
japenney
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar View Post
You have a few interesting pens there but without som much better pictures it's hard to say too much.

The three bottom left are two vacumatics and a Duofold. There is a pencil in the upper batch that is likely part of a set with the top one in the bottom three pens. Keep those two together.

In the top herd there are at least two Sheaffer school pens, one missing a cap.

Between the green Sheaffer school pen and the Parker Vac pencil looks like a Parker "51" pencil.

The three Parkers below the red Sheaffer school pen seem to be a "51" (Maybe a double jewel, get better pictures of that one) then likely a UK Parker Duofold and the another "51".

None are really valuable but as family heirlooms priceless. All need cleaning and a "Spa Day" but those I listed all have some value.
Thanks for your response. I am really just looking to unload them all as a group. Any idea as to a decent ballpark listing price for the lot?
Old 5 May 2017, 05:15 AM   #5
Njtster
"TRF" Member

Post the picture on "the fountain pen network" Parker sub forum. They will know what those are worth!
Njtster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2017, 05:32 AM   #6
japenney
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njtster View Post
Post the picture on "the fountain pen network" Parker sub forum. They will know what those are worth!
Thanks I will !
Old 5 May 2017, 05:48 AM   #7
Njtster
"TRF" Member

Awesome! Some Parkers, like the model 51 are very collectible and great writers to boot. Good luck.
Njtster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2017, 08:22 AM   #8
jar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by japenney View Post
Thanks for your response. I am really just looking to unload them all as a group. Any idea as to a decent ballpark listing price for the lot?
As shown, not a whole lots. I listed the fountain pens that might have some value. The ball points figure $5-10 each. The issue with those I listed if that a buyer needs to factor in $25-50.00 in repair costs each so as a lot you are likely going to see total offerings under $250.00 for the lot. If restored and properly displayed the ones I listed could bring that much or more each.
Old 6 May 2017, 09:14 AM   #9
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar View Post
As shown, not a whole lots. I listed the fountain pens that might have some value. The ball points figure $5-10 each. The issue with those I listed if that a buyer needs to factor in $25-50.00 in repair costs each so as a lot you are likely going to see total offerings under $250.00 for the lot. If restored and properly displayed the ones I listed could bring that much or more each.
Agreed!

Jim is spot on IMO. They should clean up nicely and I am thinking that they all may need to be restored. New ink sacks and so forth.

I would be interested to know about the brown Parker 51 set. The more I look at that the more Buckskinish is looks. The 51s in Buckskin and even other browns can bring premiums.
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2017, 11:32 PM   #10
jar
"TRF" Member

By-the-By, the very top pen on the left may be a Parker Liquid Lead pencil. Refills are no longer available for them but it was a really neat idea. The refill was a liquid carbon that wrote like a pencil and could be erased just like pencils.
Old 17 May 2017, 04:21 AM   #11
Frosty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njtster View Post
Awesome! Some Parkers, like the model 51 are very collectible and great writers to boot. Good luck.
I got a few and was surprised how well they wrote!
Old 19 August 2017, 08:23 PM   #12
Mike Slaney
"TRF" Member

I'm a bit slow of the mark - but do you have these still? I collect pens as well as watches - particularly when the Mrs isn't looking ��
Mike Slaney is offline   Reply With Quote