The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 10 March 2019, 10:26 AM   #31
southtexas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
Thanks for confirming watch is fake

What makes you say that? Do you have any idea about who the man was that is photographed wearing the watch??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
southtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2019, 10:28 AM   #32
southtexas

Red Adair's Special Rolex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNYADAIR1 View Post
Thank you all so very much for talking about my Bampa. I am Red's granddaughter, Sunny... & I want to confirm the authenticity of the watch. Yes it existed yes it was a one of a kind created just for him by Rolex when he was the spokesman. I held on to his wrist as a toddler & remember holding it from when i was 5 years old till he passed away. Unfortunately it was sold to someone at a bar in San Leon, TX & I would do anything to get any info on its location now. Please let me know if you have any info on whom purchased it. You can remain anonymous. Peace Love & Hellfighter!!

Welcome Sunny. Sorry that his watch slipped out of your family’s hands. Your granddad’s company got control of a blowout at my granddad’s rig many years ago. He is a stone cold legend and you should be very proud.

And allow me to apologize for the ignorant poster above who felt it necessary to insult you without having any idea of what or who he’s talking about.

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
southtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2019, 11:55 AM   #33
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by southtexas View Post
That guy is a Bona fide legend in the oil field, lots of crazy stories about how they creatively put out blow outs.

No argument to that - Sir. Its only the posted watch that is dubious!
Old 10 March 2019, 01:13 PM   #34
77T

The watch in the B&W photo on Red’s wrist had a fluted bezel. But anytime later he might’ve has a diamond bezel put on.

The dial appears to be bearing the same oil rig fire imagery.

The only thing dubious are some jackwagon comments by some members.

One thing is certain, Red made a larger than life case for a DD to be a tool watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2019, 10:02 PM   #35
bezler
"TRF" Member

Welcome to the forums Sunny. Unfortunately, there are a lot of fraudsters and fake Rolex watches out there, and this picture appears to show one of them.

Good luck with your hunt for the real one. Be very cautious, and enlist the help of experts if and when you find a candidate.
Quote:
Thank you all so very much for talking about my Bampa. I am Red's granddaughter, Sunny... & I want to confirm the authenticity of the watch. Yes it existed yes it was a one of a kind created just for him by Rolex when he was the spokesman. I held on to his wrist as a toddler & remember holding it from when i was 5 years old till he passed away. Unfortunately it was sold to someone at a bar in San Leon, TX & I would do anything to get any info on its location now. Please let me know if you have any info on whom purchased it. You can remain anonymous. Peace Love & Hellfighter!!
Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
Old 10 March 2019, 11:35 PM   #36
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
Thanks for confirming watch is fake
Quote:
Originally Posted by southtexas View Post
What makes you say that? Do you have any idea about who the man was that is photographed wearing the watch??

its the missing comma.

Thanks for confirming (the watch exists) , (that OP) watch is fake

I think
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 06:50 AM   #37
brockburst
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

So...we are just going to assume someone came on the forum to defend a watch and we are going to give this person credit for being the grandson?

I have a horse to sell you.
brockburst is offline   Reply With Quote