The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 17 November 2017, 04:56 AM   #1
equation8
"TRF" Member

need little help plz ?

hello guys ,

am new member in this fourm , and i would like to know if there is any websits or any thing can show me how many PP watches have been produced in each model , or which watchs are limited edition and which is not ?

because am about to buy my first PP watch .

thanks
equation8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2017, 04:57 AM   #2
KarlS
Banned

None
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2017, 05:38 AM   #3
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by equation8 View Post
hello guys ,

am new member in this fourm , and i would like to know if there is any websits or any thing can show me how many PP watches have been produced in each model , or which watchs are limited edition and which is not ?

because am about to buy my first PP watch .

thanks
It might be easier to work backwards. What models are you considering? If you list some, it'll be easier to say which are limited, like the 5575, or to make educated guesses as to the total number produced, like the 5070p. If you want to know how many 5980r's were made, for example, nobody knows.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2017, 06:40 AM   #4
equation8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
It might be easier to work backwards. What models are you considering? If you list some, it'll be easier to say which are limited, like the 5575, or to make educated guesses as to the total number produced, like the 5070p. If you want to know how many 5980r's were made, for example, nobody knows.
i would'nt say 5711 or 5712 , be cause you know that the waitting list problems.

lets say basically ,

5070p
and whats calatrava models thats very limited and deserved to get bought ?

i need a pp watch to wear it and enjoy with it , and when i sell it after 2-3 years its hold the value? so want something i can catch it today with retail price i mean not premium .
Old 17 November 2017, 09:28 AM   #5
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
sorry

repeatting the posts by wrong
5980/1A would retain or gain value since it's not being produced anymore and I believe the black dial was the least produced out of the three dials. White, Blue & Black.
Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2017, 10:38 AM   #6
RussW
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5990
Quote:
i would'nt say 5711 or 5712 , be cause you know that the waitting list problems.

lets say basically ,

5070p

i need a pp watch to wear it and enjoy with it , and when i sell it after 2-3 years its hold the value? so want something i can catch it today with retail price i mean not premium .
5070p and 3970 both discontinued, and you’d be paying over what was retail.

Depends which 5980 you are talking about. Steel discontinued, but steel/rose, rose, and rose on strap still in production.

The calatrava you are referring to may be 5522 (you won’t get one) or 5524. 5524 has a waiting list, but you can get in a year or so and at retail.

It doesn’t sound like you know what you want. Take your time and hang out here to build up some knowledge.
RussW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2017, 12:02 PM   #7
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:

lets say basically ,

5070p

What do you think of the 5575? It's limited, and the price has come down a bit lately so you'd probably not lose too much on a flip.
Old 17 November 2017, 08:49 PM   #8
equation8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiancekofb View Post
5980/1A would retain or gain value since it's not being produced anymore and I believe the black dial was the least produced out of the three dials. White, Blue & Black.

i was thinking a lot about 5980/a or with two tone , but as i dive more inside PP world i discover a lot of references like almost i got lost !
Old 17 November 2017, 08:57 PM   #9
equation8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussW View Post
5070p and 3970 both discontinued, and you’d be paying over what was retail.

Depends which 5980 you are talking about. Steel discontinued, but steel/rose, rose, and rose on strap still in production.

The calatrava you are referring to may be 5522 (you won’t get one) or 5524. 5524 has a waiting list, but you can get in a year or so and at retail.

It doesn’t sound like you know what you want. Take your time and hang out here to build up some knowledge.

appreciate your post ,

you are absolutely right there is alot of references from PP and i was reading alot about it in the last two weeks , and every time i want take the
decision of buying a watch i just stopped and hesitate , like i almost get lost .

i wouldn't know that 5980/a are discontinued great information .

the calatrava that you taking about as i know it called pilot , i saw it , its gorgeous , need more options .

my budget around 50 k to 55 k

thanks
Old 17 November 2017, 09:00 PM   #10
equation8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
What do you think of the 5575? It's limited, and the price has come down a bit lately so you'd probably not lose too much on a flip.
what is the fair price for this piece ?

as i looking around in chrono24 , the price around 99 k - 110 k .
Old 17 November 2017, 10:06 PM   #11
KarlS
Banned

Quote:

It was circa £36000 at release. If you pay $100k for a 5131G with far fewer than 1300 pieces I wouldn't think the 5575 should be at that price point. You pay how much you want to get the watch. I wouldn't pay over $75k which is probably why I don't have one!!
Old 17 November 2017, 10:43 PM   #12
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
You should get the 5522 Calatrava its production is 600 pieces.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2017, 11:41 PM   #13
equation8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
It was circa £36000 at release. If you pay $100k for a 5131G with far fewer than 1300 pieces I wouldn't think the 5575 should be at that price point. You pay how much you want to get the watch. I wouldn't pay over $75k which is probably why I don't have one!!

since you are from kuwait , where is the best dealers here so i can bought a PP watch in good condition and fair price ?
Old 17 November 2017, 11:45 PM   #14
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
since you are from kuwait , where is the best dealers here so i can bought a PP watch in good condition and fair price ?
I would suggest London!!!
Old 18 November 2017, 12:56 AM   #15
mineral
"TRF" Member

The white dial has shortest run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiancekofb View Post
Follow by grey/black, and blue being the longest in production.
Old 18 November 2017, 01:34 AM   #16
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Last time I looked in earnest, it seemed like they were going for about 75k now, down from around 100k when they were first released. It might take you a little while to find one, but could be worth it.

Also, as Karl points out, the 5131s are more limited and are going for right around 100k now, if that's in your budget. I prefer and purchased a 5131r over the 5575, 5070 and other 5131s, but it's obviously an individual choice.

I would expect the 5131's to be discontinued this year or next, given that they introduced the P last year and that seems to be Patek's practice.
Old 18 November 2017, 10:51 PM   #17
equation8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
I would suggest London!!!

i mean dealers in kuwait ?
Old 19 November 2017, 01:37 AM   #18
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
i mean dealers in kuwait ?
He means dealers in London

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 01:44 AM   #19
Passionata
"TRF" Member

okay yr budget is 55k , what kind o watch are u looking foer , sports , dress ,certain complication ?Are u allowed to wear yellow metal or just white ?

5711 5712 are all avaliable but you need to pay a bit premium however even with this extra charge are far behind you budget so i wouldn ttake those out from consideration.I like TT too a nice 5980AR or an 5167R are superb watches too .

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------

IG @passionata1
Old 19 November 2017, 06:24 AM   #20
equation8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionata View Post
okay yr budget is 55k , what kind o watch are u looking foer , sports , dress ,certain complication ?Are u allowed to wear yellow metal or just white ?

5711 5712 are all avaliable but you need to pay a bit premium however even with this extra charge are far behind you budget so i wouldn ttake those out from consideration.I like TT too a nice 5980AR or an 5167R are superb watches too .
am looking for sport watch in retail price , but here in kuwait pp boutique they don't have any sport watchs( no nautilas at all) all of them were sold out , 5711a waitting list for 6 years here in kuwait ! , so i have to see a dealers and i know they will ask for too much premium .

and by the way even in retail price here in kuwait they are selling the watchs more than other countries boutique for like 6 to 9k more .
Old 19 November 2017, 07:00 AM   #21
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Quote:
am looking for sport watch in retail price , but here in kuwait pp boutique they don't have any sport watchs( no nautilas at all) all of them were sold out , 5711a waitting list for 6 years here in kuwait ! , so i have to see a dealers and i know they will ask for too much premium .

and by the way even in retail price here in kuwait they are selling the watchs more than other countries boutique for like 6 to 9k more .

Then it s time to travel !

---------------------

IG @passionata1