The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 January 2019, 02:17 AM   #1
EmpireCity
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, 124270
Incoming!

Hi all,

What do you do when the current market does not allow for an easy acquisition? Like me, you send your current watch out for service and anxiously wait for it's return!

In November, I dropped my Submariner off for service at The RSC in Toronto and couldn't be happier with the results. I spoke directly with one of the watchmakers who was open and willing to work with my requests. With my watch being 20+ years old, I asked for a light polish to the case and bracelet, avoiding the clasp. I also asked if there were options other than a full hand replacement as the lume on the minute hand was cracked and had a hole, but I didn't want a mismatched hand-dial combination. The watchmaker informed me that they could use a paste to patch the hole and thus preserve the matching shade of the dial and hands.

So I waited for just shy of two months and felt the excitement as my FedEx parcel was shipped back. My son was anxious to help unbox it and did so as I stepped out of the room for a knife, so I missed some of the moment, but oh well, it'll probably be his watch some day. Here are some AFTER then BEFORE pics (messed up with the file upload, so the first two shots are most current):
Attached Images
File Type: png ORG_DSC03673.png (125.3 KB, 106 views)
File Type: png ORG_DSC03668.png (102.2 KB, 106 views)
File Type: png IMG_1857.png (172.5 KB, 106 views)
File Type: png ORG_DSC03007.png (88.9 KB, 106 views)
File Type: png ORG_DSC03005.png (146.1 KB, 105 views)
EmpireCity is offline   Reply With Quote