The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26 June 2018, 01:33 PM   #32
cdmorenot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
My car was hit while parked... and the aftermath is

Go through your insurance. Don’t deal with this directly. Please.

This will be covered under the “Comprehensive” portion of your policy so there will be absolutely no increase in premium.

You will need to pay the deductible but you will be reimbursed as soon as Fedex or insurance company pays. So you’ll be floating it for a few weeks.

Bring it to a MB dealership that has an in-house body shop or contracts a body shop that uses a FULLY approved MB shop for repairs - Try to deal with the service advisor and make sure the parts will be ordered through the dealership. You still have the option of bringing this repair to the shop of your choice. No matter what your insurance or adjuster say.

Sure an adjuster will likely give you a hard time but let the insurance companies duke it out.

I don’t know what color your car is, but make sure the paint matches. If they’re going to refinish an area make sure the blending is where it needs to be. Quite often, on silver or grey cars, a whole side needs to be repainted.

Good luck OP.

EDIT: Option of waiting for check is the worst idea. There will likely be issues that come up during tear down / prep. If there needs to be a “supplement” or “sup” Payment as they’re called, you’ll have to file another claim, get more paperwork and play the waiting game again.

(At some point my family owned a body shop where I washed cars and helped prep cars)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk