The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 28 June 2020, 01:09 AM   #1
smg8
Banned

Seamaster Pro Blue Dial

Hi All,

First time posting over here on the Omega forums!

I've been toying with the idea of adding to my collection for a while, I specifically want a weekend/holiday watch to complement my collection;

Rolex GMT
Patek 5167
AP ROC 26320

I had a bi metal submariner (bluesy) at one point to do this job, but really didn't click with it. It's too flash for me.

I spent months thinking about a Royal Oak Offshore but something was stopping me, and I decided to fully explore all the options from all brands with an open mind.

I think my concern with the ROO is the bezel and likely scratches - I barely wear my current ROC and Patek, as I like that I don't need to worry about my Rolex, it can take a beating without it showing. And being a bit OCD that suits me just fine.

So my perfect criteria really would be ceramic bezel, rubber strap and ideally blue dial - though I didn't think I'd find anything meeting all this criteria.

I have looked at all sorts - GP Laureto Ceramic, Submariner on Nato, various Panerai options. But none got me excited.

So imagine my surprise when I stumbled across the blue dial seamaster 300m on rubber!

I hadn't previously spent any time looking at Omega, yet am now obsessed by this watch and the speedmaster too (loving the dark side and grey side versions).

I finally got to try one on today after my AD reopened, I actually tried the black full ceramic, the black dial stainless, white dial stainless and blue dial.

All are lovely, the black ceramic jumped out. But the blacks are a similar look to my GMT and frankly speaking I just love a blue dial! So once I tried it on I think that was decision made.

Hope to be positing an incoming soon, have emailed this PM to try to do a deal. Looking forward to joining the Omega club with what is my idea of a perfect weekend/holiday watch!

If anyone has any wrist shots of their blue dials on rubber to share to keep me going in the meantime I'd be much obliged!

Cheers

smg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 03:48 AM   #2
rdigate
"TRF" Member

I went bi-metal but it is much more subdued than a sub bi-metal oyster. I love the blue rubber strap as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
rdigate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 03:52 AM   #3
monty68
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdigate View Post
I went bi-metal but it is much more subdued than a sub bi-metal oyster. I love the blue rubber strap as well.

Lovely! Is that the Sedna or the yellow gold?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
monty68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 04:36 AM   #4
rdigate
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty68 View Post
Lovely! Is that the Sedna or the yellow gold?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

It is the Sedna Gold. The new clasp on the bracelet is very nice as well.

rdigate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 09:55 PM   #5
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I own the blue dial but I bought it on the bracelet and added the rubber strap. It is somewhat cost prohibitive to buy the bracelet after you purchase the watch. Discounts are decent and an AD can be convinced to add the rubber strap in with a purchase. Don't know if you don't ask.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200611_121500 (002).jpg (206.8 KB, 387 views)
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 10:21 PM   #6
Lukebennett21
"TRF" Member

Best video I have seen to match your question https://youtu.be/GHSVWNp5uYY
Lukebennett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2020, 09:48 AM   #7
Napoleon
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO / Sub / Polar
It’s a heck of a watch. It might be blasphemy, I’d venture to say that it’s every bit as good as my Sub and many would prefer this over a sub if they tried both.
Napoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2020, 02:11 PM   #8
rkven
"TRF" Member

Nice!
rkven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2020, 06:32 PM   #9
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
My finger is itching the online-purchase trigger but I haven’t seen one in the metal yet to really know for sure. Could anyone please tell me how loud the ceramic ballbearings/rotor is in the 8800 movement in this Seamaster? Is it annoying or not as loud as some make out?

Thank you!
White Collar Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2020, 09:25 PM   #10
NK212
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Not loud at all. In a silent room you would have to listen out for it. At the end of your arm you won’t hear it, if you move it close to your ear then you can.
NK212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2020, 06:11 AM   #11
Generious
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Eyes View Post
My finger is itching the online-purchase trigger but I haven’t seen one in the metal yet to really know for sure. Could anyone please tell me how loud the ceramic ballbearings/rotor is in the 8800 movement in this Seamaster? Is it annoying or not as loud as some make out?

Thank you!
Purchased my white 300m on Sunday and it has been on the wrist pretty much the whole time, I honestly can’t really hear it unless it put it up near my ear.

All I can say is go into a AD and try it on and have a listen yourself, then either buy it from the AD or source it online.

Super happy with mine
Generious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2020, 07:46 PM   #12
Lukebennett21
"TRF" Member

An eta 2824 really bothers me but this movement I don’t usually hear. The sound is there but it is comparatively quiet and not in an annoying range like the “hissing cat” sounds of lesser movements. :) in practice, I never notice it, unlike with the 2824 which demands attention
Lukebennett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2020, 07:52 PM   #13
Rochester585
"TRF" Member

You can hear the ball bearings but it is not an unplesant sound to my ears and like others have said, it has to be a more or less silent room and you would have to move your arm or wrist in manners meant to induce that noise. You will not notice it during your day to day activities
Rochester585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2020, 03:52 PM   #14
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
Thanks for the comments about the ball bearings noise. I went in to the Omega boutique yesterday and tried on a white SMP 300, which is an amazing watch and nowhere near as loud as I feared. Definitely, I would have no problem with it, and am now saving back up for one (having just purchased a Speedy on Thursday!)
White Collar Boy is offline   Reply With Quote