The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 6 April 2020, 01:34 PM   #61
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Just finished season 3. I agree with others, this show is getting darker each season. I just don’t see how this ends happy for the Byrdes.
Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2020, 05:30 AM   #62
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
We are watching the finale tonight. We've been trying not to "binge" it too hard/quickly.

Will try to keep my post below vague, but feel free to skip over if you want to avoid even subtle hints to spoilers.

All I can say is the penultimate episode of season 3 is gut-wrenching. The actor playing Wendy's brother has delivered an incredible performance this season. That episode does a top-notch job at putting your emotions on a pendulum, swinging from feeling horrible about the situation this guy is in (where he truly cannot help himself) and pulling your hair out due to frustration with his bone-head actions. Laura Linney's performance as a concerned sibling/ad-hoc parent to her brother does an excellent job magnifying this in a very organic way.

I could tell where this was heading as soon as the brother entered the picture. I stand by my initial opinion of his addition to the story -- it adds unnecessary complexity and conflict that veers away from focusing on the main plot. As unnecessary as his addition may be, his performance in the show is fantastic.
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2020, 02:45 AM   #63
DoraTheExplorerII
"TRF" Member

I am going to be a contrarian and say I really did not enjoy this season of Ozark. I don't know what happened in the break between the last season and this one but I really disliked just about everyone and every storyline. I felt no sympathy for or any connection to any character whatsoever and worst of all there was no tension or buildup to anything entertaining. The only part I liked was the unfortunately rare confrontational Bateman with balls, which again, lead to absolutely nothing. Ben was so annoying and such a superfluous addition. I thought that maybe I changed and a lot of tv was not for me anymore, until I remember Better Call Saul this season.
DoraTheExplorerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2020, 03:41 AM   #64
LuckyHubbyW/aDJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
I have just the season finale to watch later this evening once my wife catches up. She's a few episodes behind me so we're both looking forward to it.

Thanks to everyone for not spoiling the ending.
LuckyHubbyW/aDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2020, 04:25 AM   #65
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoraTheExplorerII View Post
I am going to be a contrarian and say I really did not enjoy this season of Ozark. I don't know what happened in the break between the last season and this one but I really disliked just about everyone and every storyline. I felt no sympathy for or any connection to any character whatsoever and worst of all there was no tension or buildup to anything entertaining. The only part I liked was the unfortunately rare confrontational Bateman with balls, which again, lead to absolutely nothing. Ben was so annoying and such a superfluous addition. I thought that maybe I changed and a lot of tv was not for me anymore, until I remember Better Call Saul this season.
I did not care for Season 3 either, story seems lost
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2020, 04:55 AM   #66
PeqFB
"TRF" Member

I’d rank the seasons from best to worse though I did enjoy them all.
1-3-2
PeqFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2020, 03:40 AM   #67
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
I just finished season 3 last night. I'm in the group who didn't enjoy it. I felt like I watched 10 episodes to pretty much get no where in the story. I thought the new brother character did an outstanding acting job though. I will also say the last 30 seconds surprised me; I really thought season 3 was going to end with Marty trying to talk his way out of being killed.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2020, 12:12 PM   #68
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
What I'm left wondering now is exactly how long it'll actually be until season 4 is out. I've mentioned this earlier in the thread I believe but the recent comments / reviews of season 3 makes me more curious to see how season 4 will play out.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2020, 10:22 PM   #69
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
I am almost done watching all 3 seasons............for the second time. The series does have some slow story in season 2 but seasons 1 and 3 were awesome. I cant wait for season 4! For me it has a great mix of violence, nudity and plot on the dark side of the drug industry. Many very interesting characters and when there dispatched its always a huge surprise that you dont see coming for the most part.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2020, 01:46 AM   #70
SlowhandBuzz
"TRF" Member

I enjoyed all 3 seasons. Lots of it is filmed near my house, office and other landmarks around here. Always fun seeing shows filmed in the metro Atlanta area do well.
SlowhandBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2020, 01:58 AM   #71
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

I watched season 1 a while back and perhaps part of season 2, then I bailed.

Since I'm getting close to having watched everything ever made, I may have to go back and look at it.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2020, 03:56 AM   #72
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeqFB View Post
I’d rank the seasons from best to worse though I did enjoy them all.
1-3-2
Loved all three seasons and I agree with this order
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2020, 05:38 AM   #73
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
Since I'm getting close to having watched everything ever made, I may have to go back and look at it.
Haha I know what you mean there! I'm certainly starting to run out of options as well.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote