The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 8 April 2020, 04:15 AM   #181
schoolboy
Banned

Watch: 116234
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
Where the popcorn emoji? Keep it coming boys.

Hopefully we’re done here. Don’t want anybody getting in trouble with Padi or other moderators.

Now we can all go back watch investment threads

Old 8 April 2020, 04:27 AM   #182
rolexgiants
"TRF" Member

How do these threads get so FAR off topic!!! The guy has 10 grand in the bank, 99% chance the account is insured for 250k FDIC.... PROBLEM OVER!! I’m sitting in my condo in manhattan just hoping to survive!!! Carry on!
Old 8 April 2020, 04:48 AM   #183
schoolboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexgiants View Post
How do these threads get so FAR off topic!!! The guy has 10 grand in the bank, 99% chance the account is insured for 250k FDIC.... PROBLEM OVER!! I’m sitting in my condo in manhattan just hoping to survive!!! Carry on!

Exactly!

Haha
Old 8 April 2020, 05:17 AM   #184
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post

That is more important than some watches at retail (IMO)
At retail? Last time things went south, Daytonas were going at discounted prices. No way would I pay retail.
Old 8 April 2020, 06:09 AM   #185
schoolboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexpatek363 View Post
At retail? Last time things went south, Daytonas were going at discounted prices. No way would I pay retail.

Idk how bad it will get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 9 April 2020, 01:23 AM   #186
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexgiants View Post
Seriously,it gets any worse we'll all have to move to our summer places in the Haptons

Sent from my Motorola Bag Phone
Old 9 April 2020, 01:50 AM   #187
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
Seriously,it gets any worse we'll all have to move to our summer places in the Haptons

Sent from my Motorola Bag Phone
: dummy::d ummy::du mmy::dum my::dumm y::dummy :

730 people died yesterday. In one day.

Update -- another 779 died on April 7.

Delete your account.
Old 10 April 2020, 11:40 AM   #188
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
First off we are already in a financial crisis right now. We were put there by the government on purpose. The only way you are right is if we keep the country closed for many months. If that happens then I will retract my previous statement. If we open up May 1 then I’m absolutely not going to retract those words. In my opinion the United States is one of the greatest countries in the history of the planet. When we resolve ourselves there’s nothing we can’t accomplish. I mean just pick up a US history book and read it then get back to me.

The fundamentals of the US economy were as strong as it’s ever been in it’s history when it was forced to a stop purposely by the government. I’m sure it will be a bumpy start up but there’s zero reason why we shouldn’t be able to pick it right back up where we left off. Unless you have some secret knowledge of some underlying thing that was going to cause disaster before all this went down and if you do please share.

I don’t understand why optimism is frowned upon so much. I would think you would hope I was right and you were wrong. Unless you’re hoping to get the hulk under MSRP caused by the country going into a massive recession?

The key is opening up the country. The numbers are already starting to look better on this virus and it looks like our good friends in Washington were way off on their models and it’s not going to be anywhere near as bad as what they predicted. If it continues that way the economy will takeoff like a rocket when it is officially allowed to by the government. I would hope everyone agrees that’s a good thing. IMHO

Yep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10 April 2020, 12:09 PM   #189
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
My FA says the exact same thing.

Bad yes. 2008 bad, no. He says it’s not really comparable.

Your advisor is correct on all accounts.

Not a systemic problem, an event driven problem. Huge difference. And they are not comparable.

I have analyzed (probably overanalyzed) this for clients and have been on 2-3 calls a day for the last 3 weeks with economists, investment managers and I think the Pope.

Opinions on recovery timing are as diverse as many of your watch collections but most agree it will be relatively quick and that this is nothing like 2008.

A good follow if you want solid data and to follow someone that I have followed for years who has been right more than wrong is Brian Wesbury from First Trust Advisors. He and his cohorts are doing almost daily communications at this point and I believe some are public.

Old 10 April 2020, 12:18 PM   #190
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
So, we still doing a run on banks like 1939 Poland?
Old 10 April 2020, 12:19 PM   #191
piratfisk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16233, 116619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post

Not a systemic problem, an event driven problem. Huge difference. And they are not comparable.

I have analyzed (probably overanalyzed) this for clients and have been on 2-3 calls a day for the last 3 weeks with economists, investment managers and I think the Pope.

Opinions on recovery timing are as diverse as many of your watch collections but most agree it will be relatively quick and that this is nothing like 2008.

A good follow if you want solid data and to follow someone that I have followed for years who has been right more than wrong is Brian Wesbury from First Trust Advisors. He and his cohorts are doing almost daily communications at this point and I believe some are public.
Thanks for this information, Brandon. I, too, in my comparatively minuscule knowledge of [socio]economics, believe that this downturn isn't as bad as the 2008 crash. I like your "systematic versus event-driven" explanation.
Old 10 April 2020, 12:26 PM   #192
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratfisk View Post
Thanks for this information, Brandon. I, too, in my comparatively minuscule knowledge of [socio]economics, believe that this downturn isn't as bad as the 2008 crash. I like your "systematic versus event-driven" explanation.

I don’t think the market will be back to all time highs overnight but most everything I hear and read is that it will more of a V shaped recovery than a U shape. But you have to separate the stock market from the economy. The economy will be a longer recovery.

Old 10 April 2020, 12:29 PM   #193
piratfisk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16233, 116619LB
Quote:
I don’t think the market will be back to all time highs overnight but most everything I hear and read is that it will more of a V shaped recovery than a U shape. But you have to separate the stock market from the economy. The economy will be a longer recovery.
I agree, there's no way there will be a rubberband-like recovery. Can you further explain what you mean by "you have to separate the stock market from the economy?" Thanks for taking the time to teach me something new.
Old 10 April 2020, 12:40 PM   #194
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratfisk View Post
I agree, there's no way there will be a rubberband-like recovery. Can you further explain what you mean by "you have to separate the stock market from the economy?" Thanks for taking the time to teach me something new.

GDP vs. S&P, to oversimplify.

GDP is what is generally used to measure the growth/contraction of the economy in the US.

The S&P is what tracks the largest US companies by market cap.

They do not necessarily move in lock step. The S&P will likely recover much faster than the GDP will in this case.

Old 10 April 2020, 07:12 PM   #195
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
GDP vs. S&P, to oversimplify.

GDP is what is generally used to measure the growth/contraction of the economy in the US.

The S&P is what tracks the largest US companies by market cap.

They do not necessarily move in lock step. The S&P will likely recover much faster than the GDP will in this case.

How fast or slow will the economy (GDP) recover?
Old 10 April 2020, 07:51 PM   #196
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:

That’s actually exactly what he says too.

Thanks for explaining.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 10 April 2020, 08:07 PM   #197
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
This thread has run its course and now closed.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Closed Thread