The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 25 May 2023, 04:32 AM   #1
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
The Resurgence of Breitling

Here’s a good write up on Breitling that includes some early history, the quartz crisis, confusion of brand identity, and the recent restructuring/resurgence of the brand that helped it rise into the top 10 brands by sales in 2022.

https://www.thewatchmuse.com/blog/br...hes-resurgence

I’m a fan and have 3 in my current collection.

Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2023, 10:37 AM   #2
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Thanks for sharing, Roger! That was an interesting read and I'm definitely a proud Breitling owner. Their historic connections to early chronograph watches, aviation, and dive watches is fascinating.

The good thing about a previously overcomplicated product like are some hidden gems for sale that represent the past era.

At least they've got a lot to potentially reissue some day in the future, so this will only continue to get better.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2023, 11:00 AM   #3
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
Thanks for sharing, Roger! That was an interesting read and I'm definitely a proud Breitling owner. Their historic connections to early chronograph watches, aviation, and dive watches is fascinating.

The good thing about a previously overcomplicated product like are some hidden gems for sale that represent the past era.

At least they've got a lot to potentially reissue some day in the future, so this will only continue to get better.

So true. I’m not a fan of all the current lineup - like my Superocean better - but there’s always been something for everyone over the years.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Old 25 May 2023, 12:17 PM   #4
Radbloke
"TRF" Member

Very nice, thanks for sharing. I'm a big fan of Breitling and it's great to see them getting back on track. I actually picked up a Navitimer 35 for my wife's birthday this year, it's a great piece! Looking forward to picking up a 42 for myself soon.
Radbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2023, 06:35 PM   #5
philhendrix
"TRF" Member

Thanks for sharing this article.

I hope Breitling continues to do well and make the most of their potential as a watch brand without sacrificing the stuff be love about their watches.

I'd personally be quite upset if they go down the Rolex (and other's) route of playing hard to get. I enjoy wearing my Rolex's, but the situation has gotten a bit silly of late and I'd hate for Breitling to follow the trend.

Btw, beautiful watches you got, OP! The yellow dial superocean looks strikingly good!

Cheerio
philhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2023, 01:56 AM   #6
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhendrix View Post
Thanks for sharing this article.

I hope Breitling continues to do well and make the most of their potential as a watch brand without sacrificing the stuff be love about their watches.

I'd personally be quite upset if they go down the Rolex (and other's) route of playing hard to get. I enjoy wearing my Rolex's, but the situation has gotten a bit silly of late and I'd hate for Breitling to follow the trend.

Btw, beautiful watches you got, OP! The yellow dial superocean looks strikingly good!

Cheerio

I hear you. My last two Brietlings were easy to source and available at great discounts through the grey dealers.

On the flip side, I’ve been waiting on a watch with my Rolex AD for nearly 3 years!
Old 26 May 2023, 04:30 AM   #7
philhendrix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco Noir View Post
I hear you. My last two Brietlings were easy to source and available at great discounts through the grey dealers.

On the flip side, I’ve been waiting on a watch with my Rolex AD for nearly 3 years!
Exactly, and I wouldn't want to worry about wearing my Breitling, and perhaps scratching it while doing so since it could decrease its great market value. I love my Breitling because I can enjoy it without having to worry about all the noise that surrounds Rolex, Ap, Patek and all those brands.

Sure, its nice to know that Breitling does well as a brand, but somehow I hope they won't follow along what the above brands do.
philhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2023, 09:29 AM   #8
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhendrix View Post
Exactly, and I wouldn't want to worry about wearing my Breitling, and perhaps scratching it while doing so since it could decrease its great market value. I love my Breitling because I can enjoy it without having to worry about all the noise that surrounds Rolex, Ap, Patek and all those brands.

Sure, its nice to know that Breitling does well as a brand, but somehow I hope they won't follow along what the above brands do.
Same here, those points definitely contribute to the brand's appeal to me. My interest shifted to Breitling due to the lack of hype and hurdles. Yes, I still appreciate those other brands but don't find myself wearing them as much or at all lately.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2023, 09:39 AM   #9
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
The closest I get to a Breitling is with the Black Bay Chrono..
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2023, 03:52 AM   #10
michaelmclees
"TRF" Member

Few watches pop like a big shiny Breitling.
michaelmclees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2023, 01:02 PM   #11
fredos_rolex
"TRF" Member

Nothing like a Navitimer. I prefer them over the Speedys (though I have one of them as well). The wing logo, the coin edge bezel, the slide rule, it all makes such a unique visual statement. I just wish the bracelets weren't so expensive :-(
fredos_rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2023, 10:03 PM   #12
DVR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Diver watches
I really love my Breitling.

Also love the one I got my wife.
Old 25 June 2023, 01:37 PM   #13
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVR View Post

Excellent combo.
bonovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2023, 03:36 PM   #14
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Love that Heritage! It’s a model I haven’t seen before and don’t see in their website. Please tell me more about it.
Old 26 June 2023, 05:35 AM   #15
DVR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Diver watches
It was a spring/summer '21 capsule collection.
https://swisswatches-magazine.com/bl...le-collection/
Old 26 June 2023, 08:50 AM   #16
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It was a spring/summer '21 capsule collection.
https://swisswatches-magazine.com/bl...le-collection/

Thank you.
Old 21 July 2023, 03:23 PM   #17
Errol_V
"TRF" Member

Breitling has an incredibly rich history- unfortunately they've failed to communicate it through their marketing.
Errol_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2023, 09:15 AM   #18
GreatCircle
"TRF" Member

I have the idea more and more people are slowly developing interest for (neo vintage) Breitling. You can find such cool pieces for amazing prices, even NOS can be an affordable option. I’m probably not the only one getting really really bored with Rolex, and have had quit a few so have the right to speak….. Really looking into Breitling a lot more recently myself. The brand and it’s respectable history deserves so much more!
GreatCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2023, 06:17 AM   #19
B.James
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yellow Gold Bluesy
Is the Breitling Endurance Pro worth it?

I am looking at getting an Endurance Pro, some people have told me it is not worth the money. Thoughts?
B.James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2023, 02:13 AM   #20
jonnieb
"TRF" Member

There are better options available. Try searching for a used Aerospace, either 40mm or 42mm model.
jonnieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2023, 11:39 AM   #21
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.James View Post
I am looking at getting an Endurance Pro, some people have told me it is not worth the money. Thoughts?

It’s not a model I’m familiar with. What I will say is but what YOU like. Everyone has different ideas of what a nice watch is and a lot of it is based on personal preferences.

I have 3 and love them all.