The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 February 2017, 08:29 PM   #1
KeenV
"TRF" Member

"New" watch from JLC online boutique

Hi all

I have taken a fancy to a watch that has been discontinued by JLC a few years ago, but recently while talking to a customer representative from the JLC online boutique, they mentioned that the discontinued watch is available and that they are able to source it from an AD.

The representative has said that it will take a few months to arrive as they will need to ship the discontinued watch to get it serviced and made "new" again before they will ship it over to me.

Just wanted to hear your thoughts on what this mean, what kind of service they perform.

Thanks
KeenV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2017, 09:27 PM   #2
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeenV View Post
Hi all

I have taken a fancy to a watch that has been discontinued by JLC a few years ago, but recently while talking to a customer representative from the JLC online boutique, they mentioned that the discontinued watch is available and that they are able to source it from an AD.

The representative has said that it will take a few months to arrive as they will need to ship the discontinued watch to get it serviced and made "new" again before they will ship it over to me.

Just wanted to hear your thoughts on what this mean, what kind of service they perform.

Thanks
What specific model JLC are we talking about?
Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2017, 01:43 AM   #3
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Well it sounds like they are reconditioning a used watch. Hope they do not intend to charge the price of a new watch. Also, it would be good to see the watch first.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2017, 02:34 AM   #4
yoast
"TRF" Member

So basically you will be getting a refurb.... better get some discount I'd say
Old 24 February 2017, 08:42 PM   #5
KeenV
"TRF" Member

Are they allowed to do that? Even if they have assured me its a new watch?

I'm getting this through their online store, so won't be able to see this in person. Its the ultra thin tribute black.
Old 16 March 2017, 05:41 PM   #6
whysleep
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV/SD4000
I was looking for the US edition ultra 1931. Is this the one? I was hoping to get one. Did you just order it through the boutique.?
whysleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2017, 05:45 PM   #7
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Hang on I'll get the ouija board out.

Hmmm...I see a circle, with a .....nope...lost it.

Andad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2017, 10:24 PM   #8
JJ WA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeenV View Post
Hi all

Thanks
My take on this is that the watch industry has been suffering so much these days that if a customer wants a discontinued model that can still be manufactured and sold, JLC would probably do it. Each piece sold will count.
JJ WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2017, 11:19 PM   #9
rfatm3f
"TRF" Member

What I think, is they have the model at a dealer somewhere. It has probably been handled a bunch and has been sitting for a bit.

They'll most likely clean it up and throw a new strap on. They might even perform a service. If you really want it, I wouldn't let it deter me.
rfatm3f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2017, 01:06 AM   #10
Le Chef
"TRF" Member

It's likely NOS/NIB sitting at the dealer for a number of years. I have no doubt JLC will do a fantastic job of making sure it's as fresh as a brand new one out of the factory. The real question is which model???
Le Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2017, 03:26 AM   #11
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
Well it sounds like they are reconditioning a used watch. Hope they do not intend to charge the price of a new watch. Also, it would be good to see the watch first.
They probably do a complete polish, service and all. I also hope they are not charging you retail price for this, depending on model you should get it for 35-50% discount, pkease pist pucs if you can. I would be ok to get a watch in these conditions if the price reflects the fact it is reconditioned
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2017, 03:49 AM   #12
ocwatching
"TRF" Member

great piece..pretty rare out in the wild..good luck

Old 17 March 2017, 06:20 AM   #13
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocwatching View Post
great piece..pretty rare out in the wild..good luck

OP, is it the limited edition one with fagliano strap and syringe hands (like this picture), or the black dial standard version that was recently discontinued?
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2017, 10:37 AM   #14
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
FPJ offer this service on their website for discontinued models which they can source used and then refurbish and supply with new warranty etc.. You will see more and more of this in my view. If the price is right no issue for me.
conkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2017, 01:44 AM   #15
vman
"TRF" Member

Watch: less TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
FPJ offer this service on their website for discontinued models which they can source used and then refurbish and supply with new warranty etc.. You will see more and more of this in my view. If the price is right no issue for me.
A great way to keep second hand prices up and give purchasers of pre-loved watches a peace of mind.

I like!
vman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2017, 09:40 PM   #16
KeenV
"TRF" Member

Hi all

Thanks for the responses all. I'm not being offered any discounts, and it is for the standard version that was recently discontinued.

I wouldn't mind it if they were manufacturing a new watch, but from what they have told me, it is taken from a boutique and "made new" again. My only qualm is that they won't tell me done to make it new again, and the only thing I don't want is for the case to have been polished really...