The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 20 September 2017, 02:25 AM   #1
Protemporum
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18206 bark finish
AP service in UK

Hello, I am trying to find out how much a service - less polish - would be for my 15300 ST. Both Watches of Switzerland and Owen and Robinson, have not bothered to reply to e-mails. Audemars Piguet website only shows Swiss Francs, so i presume has no UK reference.
Many thanks in anticipation of reply.
Protemporum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2017, 02:29 AM   #2
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

900 chf is the stated service price. Its always priced in francs as that is the company's currency so just convert to pounds.

Alternatively call AP service center in london and send your watch there.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2017, 02:36 AM   #3
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protemporum View Post
Hello, I am trying to find out how much a service - less polish - would be for my 15300 ST. Both Watches of Switzerland and Owen and Robinson, have not bothered to reply to e-mails. Audemars Piguet website only shows Swiss Francs, so i presume has no UK reference.

Many thanks in anticipation of reply.

I'm very surprised that O & R haven't responded as they are excellent, do you mind me asking which email address you've used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2017, 02:36 AM   #4
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
I'd deal with the AP UK SC.

Drop it off and pick up in person, you never know they might throw in some AP goodies.

But if they give you an AP desk clock never mention it on here, I know two members who would hunt you down for it
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2017, 01:47 AM   #5
Protemporum
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18206 bark finish
Seems odd to me, if you take your Mercedes-Benz in for a service you do not get a service qoute in Duetsche Marks.

Used the e-mail address on their web-site.

I live only ten miles from Watches of Switzerland in sunny Birmingham, unfortunately in the past i have found them less than helpfull. (As for "goodies", even less so.)
Protemporum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2017, 06:04 PM   #6
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protemporum View Post
Seems odd to me, if you take your Mercedes-Benz in for a service you do not get a service qoute in Duetsche Marks.
Patek service prices listed on their website are in CHF as well as do many others. They are a swiss company and it is up to local service centers to do the conversions as exchange rates fluctuate as they charge prices in CHF terms. Im not sure why its an issue, just do the math

APSC in London does not have its own website to list local pricing in GBP. A Uk service center will give you a quote in pounds, the website won't.

Just call them, there is a phone number on the website. A generic email to no one in particular is one area where AP struggles with responsiveness.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote