The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 2 June 2009, 07:03 PM   #31
niels74

[QUOTE=louie;1200020]woW niels! one hell of a watch!! my grail is the 217!! You got the twin elder brother 127!!!!

PS.neils,do you wear your 127? i know some don't,and kept them in the safe..

Go get it man the 217 is stunning you will love it...

Sure i wear it, but i have to admit its in Holland at my other home, while living here in Russia most off the time. but when in Holland yes i wear all my watches to be honest end off the day its where they are made for :-)

ill be going back to Holland in approx 3 weeks and ill promise to follow up with some wrist shots
niels74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2009, 07:11 PM   #32
louie
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Beast
[QUOTE=niels74;1200048]
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie View Post
woW niels! one hell of a watch!! my grail is the 217!! You got the twin elder brother 127!!!!

PS.neils,do you wear your 127? i know some don't,and kept them in the safe..

Go get it man the 217 is stunning you will love it...

Sure i wear it, but i have to admit its in Holland at my other home, while living here in Russia most off the time. but when in Holland yes i wear all my watches to be honest end off the day its where they are made for :-)

ill be going back to Holland in approx 3 weeks and ill promise to follow up with some wrist shots
woooooooooooooW neils you the MAN!! can't wait to see some of your wrist shots!! i got my cash ready now after the sale of my other 233K,now just waiting for her to show up at the rite price of cos!( i missed the last one on sale at my local watch forum)
Old 2 June 2009, 08:31 PM   #33
Zed

Watch: Panerai 186 & 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by niels74 View Post
Great pix loui .. !!! , love the dome ... its no 233 but its domed , love it ...
WOW Neil... it is because i love this watch that i fell in love with the 233... THE HOLY 1950 with the personelised OPXI movement woth panerai written all over it... well done...
Zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2009, 09:20 PM   #34
niels74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
WOW Neil... it is because i love this watch that i fell in love with the 233... THE HOLY 1950 with the personelised OPXI movement woth panerai written all over it... well done...
Was the same for me, i was thinking off getting the 233 or the 270, as i love the 50's case and the domed crystal, however after a certain person posted his 217 here ... (thats you Gus) i pulled the trigger for a 127 what i originally was dubbing about.. i have to say im just in love with the watch..
Old 2 June 2009, 09:34 PM   #35
GMTJOHNNY
"TRF" Member

Watch: 2007 DAY DATE 18KT
I like. What does the sub-dial on the left side do? Can you stop it to record the time? Also, without a rotating bezel [like the GMT's from Rolex] can you determine time in several different time zones or do you just set it and forget it? Seems odd NOT to have a bezel on these fine watches IMHO...
ROLEX AIR KING 14000 (1991)
ROLEX GMTIIC TT 116713LN (2008)
GMTJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2009, 10:25 PM   #36
Zed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTJOHNNY View Post
I like. What does the sub-dial on the left side do? Can you stop it to record the time? Also, without a rotating bezel [like the GMT's from Rolex] can you determine time in several different time zones or do you just set it and forget it? Seems odd NOT to have a bezel on these fine watches IMHO...

i think that summs up my motto...
Old 2 June 2009, 10:30 PM   #37
Zed

Quote:
Was the same for me, i was thinking off getting the 233 or the 270, as i love the 50's case and the domed crystal, however after a certain person posted his 217 here ... (thats you Gus) i pulled the trigger for a 127 what i originally was dubbing about.. i have to say im just in love with the watch..
happy for you mate.. do you mind letting me know how much you paid for it and when.. i think i can get hold of one for 22,000 usd.. dont have the budget yet.. but one day baby.. yessss one day...
Old 2 June 2009, 11:47 PM   #38
louie
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Beast
Quote:
Jack!?!? got a 217!?!??!
Old 3 June 2009, 01:04 AM   #39
niels74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
happy for you mate.. do you mind letting me know how much you paid for it and when.. i think i can get hold of one for 22,000 usd.. dont have the budget yet.. but one day baby.. yessss one day...
not at all i paid 12.5K for in in Euro's and just bought it recently April and got my hands on it in May. Prices vary quite a bit to be honest have a good look around they come up now and then some better priced then others, my patience is pretty crap and i mostly jump the gun.... however i see pries here now going to around 16K in euro's

let me not forget to say that this one came without the box and cert , what i have asked for agian with Panerai, it did came with the movement sticker, the COSC cert and service papers, and we done a check on the serial Nr to assure it was clean , however it came from a very respectable seller (shop) who i know what helps with these pieces..
Old 3 June 2009, 01:07 AM   #40
niels74

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie View Post
Jack!?!? got a 217!?!??!
yes sir among others, look threw the forum he posted some great shots of it .. it will make you ..

it gave me sleepless nights
Old 3 June 2009, 01:14 AM   #41
niels74

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTJOHNNY View Post
the Sub dail does not do more then show the seconds, the 233 (GMT) has a second hand to show the hours but on the origial dail not using a bezel , hence it shows 2 time zones against the 3 on a rolex.

the essence of Panerai lay's mainly in its simplicity the calmer the dail the more prevered (by most, i cant speak for all off course). But that is why the most base models are very sought after , agianst some off the Chrono's what indeed are less sold then the base.

there is a GMT with the numbers on the bezel , but again this is non rotatable showing 2 zones.
Old 3 June 2009, 01:34 AM   #42
Skullring
"TRF" Member

Watch: Triple 6 SD
WOW. That is a beauty.
Old 4 June 2009, 04:44 AM   #43
Cool Hand Luke

Good pics of a great watch :)

Must see about ordering a 233 'tunnel strap' soon....
Cool Hand Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2009, 04:58 AM   #44
rotan
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15202ST
Bro Louie finally getting my 233! Will be meeting up with the seller today to view and if everything goes fine, I will be wearing it in 20 hours time! So happy till can't sleep.... Damn....
rotan is offline   Reply With Quote