The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 August 2023, 09:05 AM   #1
Austin008
"TRF" Member

Is it possible to restore this jubilee band?

Hello!

I just purchased my first Rolex this past week and it came with this band. I knew that the band was in rough condition but have heard of bands being rebuilt before. What I find strange is that one side of the band is in fairly decent condition and the other side seems like it was worn since the watch was new. I’ve seen some videos of skilled individuals repairing these bands but I fear this band may be past saving. If so, is it possible to buy just one side of the band?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0425.jpeg (273.8 KB, 245 views)
Austin008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2023, 09:30 AM   #2
TimeLord2
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
Yes, it's doable but you could just get a relatively used one on EBAY for about 2x the price of getting it fixed. or 4-6 times the amount if you get it direct from Rolex. Send some pics to www.rolliworks.com for an estimate on refurbishment. I don't think they will repair any divits in the actual links themselves unless you want to pay for laser welding, which will definitely increase the price. There is also Michael Young in Hong Kong. www.classicwatchrepair.com
TimeLord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2023, 09:33 AM   #3
Austin008
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2 View Post
Yes, it's doable but you could just get a relatively used one on EBAY for about 2x the price of getting it fixed. or 4-6 times the amount if you get it direct from Rolex. Send some pics to www.rolliworks.com for an estimate on refurbishment. I don't think they will repair any divits in the actual links themselves unless you want to pay for laser welding, which will definitely increase the price. There is also Michael Young in Hong Kong. www.classicwatchrepair.com
Thank you! I will check both of them out. I think it might be better to buy a new (used) one. The links are very worn so that might be the best option.
Austin008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2023, 01:58 AM   #4
gt0279a
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Micheal Young will make it look brand new.

I’m sure the cost has gone up over the years, but both the above are excellent recommendations.
Rolex Sea Dweller 126600 | Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 | Rolex Sea Dweller 16600 | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex Submariner 1680
gt0279a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2023, 03:09 AM   #5
LSU-MOOSE
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
I had a similar problem. Rolliworks did the repair. They added some OEM Rolex links to make it fit. Pic is of the repaired bracelet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4194.jpeg (61.9 KB, 105 views)
LSU-MOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote