The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 18 July 2018, 03:01 PM   #1
DDUCPHAMM1
"TRF" Member

Newbie in vintage rolex

Hi everyone!

I ve owned a few modern rolexEs but i ve never tried to get into vintage , recently ive seen these dd triDor 1997 ref 18239( price $17600 usd and dd oysterquartz 1983 ref 19018 ($ 16500). They both in pecfect condition both with paper and og box. Could you please give me some tips and whether or not which one i should go for and any infos should i check before pull the triGger, thank you very much for your helps.

Cheers
DDUCPHAMM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2018, 10:06 PM   #2
Richard Carver
"TRF" Member

The Tridor would be fun to own. They always draw a crowd. Rolex has stopped manufacturing parts for the quartz movement. Who knows how many they have in stock but there will come a time that knowledge will begin to affect prices. I would go with the Tridor but that is based on esthetics not the movement.
Richard Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2018, 08:03 AM   #3
motoikkyu
2024 Pledge Member

That seems like quite a high price for the OQ DD, I watched 2 legit examples sell locally for under 10k in the last 6 months (no box or papers).
Old 19 July 2018, 02:25 PM   #4
DDUCPHAMM1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Carver View Post
The Tridor would be fun to own. They always draw a crowd. Rolex has stopped manufacturing parts for the quartz movement. Who knows how many they have in stock but there will come a time that knowledge will begin to affect prices. I would go with the Tridor but that is based on esthetics not the movement.
THANK YOU very much for your infos Richard. so Tridor movement is not that impressive? what about the price in that perfect condition, like just was in the safe box like forever ? no stretching band or den what soever Richard?
Old 19 July 2018, 02:34 PM   #5
DDUCPHAMM1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoikkyu View Post
That seems like quite a high price for the OQ DD, I watched 2 legit examples sell locally for under 10k in the last 6 months (no box or papers).
yes Moto! i did that myself . that is why i need help! but be honest, Oq dd is in outstanding condition, shop owner told me that the seller bought from them back then and put it in the bank the hold time. and finally sold this back to the shop ( og paper and box of course). the bracelet is sharp, no stretching , no polish at all, i love it because the condition of it, but Richard said no parts for OQ so! thank you very much Moto!
Old 19 July 2018, 08:23 PM   #6
Richard Carver
"TRF" Member

Nothing at all wrong with the movement in the Tridor, the comment was more directed at the OQ than the mechanical movement in the Tridor. Can't help with price, the Tridor is an acquired taste, I would pay no more for it than a comparable 1997 DD of any other metal.

Good luck and show pics!
Old 25 July 2018, 10:31 AM   #7
DDUCPHAMM1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nothing at all wrong with the movement in the Tridor, the comment was more directed at the OQ than the mechanical movement in the Tridor. Can't help with price, the Tridor is an acquired taste, I would pay no more for it than a comparable 1997 DD of any other metal.

Good luck and show pics!
hi Richard!

i just picked up the daydate 36 white gold with diamonds on oyster bracelet ref 118239 83209 for 17k plus tax, on the card saying 2017 , but i asked the sale guy why the clasp is till look like the one on the Tridor, and i could not see the clasp on the rolex webside, can u tell me if it is legit or a scam , i brought it home 2 hrs ago, thank you for your help Richard!
Old 25 July 2018, 11:07 AM   #8
Richard Carver
"TRF" Member

Congrats, can you take some pics and post them?
Old 25 July 2018, 11:24 AM   #9
DDUCPHAMM1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Congrats, can you take some pics and post them?
can i ask u something, i did look it up and find out the code on the clasp is ab9 is make form 2000, so the watch has a old clasp from the year of 2000 so this is a mistake, that is really wrong! ill bring it back to him tomorrow, so if it is a 2000 model day date so $18,200 is the right price?

thanks Richard