The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 17 December 2023, 03:38 AM   #1
david46
"TRF" Member

Tell me if I've been scammed!

I responded to an ad in the classified section by member tenementhall for a Batgirl. The ad is still up. I wired money and he claims to have shipped watch via USPS Next day priority. I was unhappy about using this carrier, but he assured me it was fine. He sent me a copy of the tracking number. A day later and the tracking still shows label created not in system. I called USPS and they assured me the package has not been received. It was supposedly shipped on Friday the 15th and while they have Saturday delivery, he said that I would receive it this coming Monday. When I asked him an hour after he sent the tracking number to send me a copy of the receipt for proof of mailing since the USPS app showed it was not in the system, he says he threw it away and I have an attitude problem. I checked his 2 TRF references and there is a post about how good a seller he is. What do you think? Is there any way this is ok?
david46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2023, 07:51 AM   #2
fnomis
"TRF" Member

I’m afraid I think you’ve been scammed. I bought a watch from the genuine tenementhall previously (and posted my praises) however over the weekend I was contacted by another buyer looking to deal on a watch, turns out the gmail account had changed so I contacted tenementhall directly via WhatsApp on a number I had for him, he confirmed he wasn’t selling the watch and contacted the mods.

I’m really sorry to hear. Fortunately the other buyer pulled out following my intervention.
fnomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2023, 07:51 AM   #3
fnomis
"TRF" Member

I’m afraid I think you’ve been scammed. I bought a watch from the genuine tenementhall previously (and posted my praises) however over the weekend I was contacted by another buyer looking to deal on a watch, turns out the gmail account had changed so I contacted tenementhall directly via WhatsApp on a number I had for him, he confirmed he wasn’t selling the watch and contacted the mods.

I’m really sorry to hear. Fortunately the other buyer pulled out following my intervention.
fnomis is offline   Reply With Quote