The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 September 2023, 09:01 PM   #1
KeobNepo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLRO
missing my Pepsi

Hi guys, just wanted to share.

A few weeks ago i noticed my 12 series BLRO was not keeping time consistantly, it was running behind mostly but also catching up real quick sometimes (like 5 sec's in 1,5 hours).

Went to my AD and offcourse they took in the watch for service. Luckily my AD has an in-house SC, so I was told it would take them about 4 weeks. This was 2 weeks ago.

In the meantime I have been wearing my rootbeer and OF Daytona, but both of them don't scratch the itch (is that a correct saying?). I knew I would miss the Pepsi, but saw it as an opportunity to give the other ones some wrist time.

Now being 2 weeks without the Pepsi I realise it's THE watch for me. It feels now almost like before getting the Pepsi and I was waiting for the call from the AD. It's almost the same excitement als getting allocated one.

Can't wait to see the message for picking up!! I think I will post an 'incoming'
KeobNepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2023, 09:26 PM   #2
BraveBold
"TRF" Member

Why the strong preference for a watch with an inferior movement?

Completely understand appreciating quirks and flaws of mechanical objects (I am an Alfa Romeo driver) but not sure I follow the romance for something that shows serious problems, at least when compared against similar products from the same brand.

I am strongly considering adding a BLNR but my enthusiasm is tempered by the inferiority of the movement and associated risk. The fact the issue hit your watch… confused by the enthusiasm.
BraveBold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2023, 09:27 PM   #3
PenDelicate
"TRF" Member

Watch: P-serial 116518
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeobNepo View Post
Hi guys, just wanted to share.

A few weeks ago i noticed my 12 series BLRO was not keeping time consistantly, it was running behind mostly but also catching up real quick sometimes (like 5 sec's in 1,5 hours).

Went to my AD and offcourse they took in the watch for service. Luckily my AD has an in-house SC, so I was told it would take them about 4 weeks. This was 2 weeks ago.
I hear ya.

My Daytona is now four months and three days at the RSD. (They're waiting for spare parts to be delivered.)

And I'm a one-watch chap :(
PenDelicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2023, 09:30 PM   #4
georgew
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: mostly Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenDelicate View Post
I hear ya.

My Daytona is now four months and three days at the RSD. (They're waiting for spare parts to be delivered.)

And I'm a one-watch chap :(
Ouch! this is something you need to work on!
georgew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2023, 09:30 PM   #5
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Nice to have it figured out. The Pepsi will be back soon enough, if there is such a thing when you don't have a favorite watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2023, 10:31 PM   #6
Pablito
"TRF" Member

Ehehe I've just experienced exactly the same story and feelings! It took 3 weeks to be totally serviced in Paris for same issues, and I'd never thought I'd be so happy to see it again !
Pablito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2023, 10:34 PM   #7
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I hope they get it sorted quickly. It’s a great watch and one of my favourites as well.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2023, 10:41 PM   #8
ganagati
"TRF" Member

Been there, OP, and it’s definitely no fun. I sent in my Pepsi after a grinding/crunching appeared when turning the stem. I had my SD4K to pinch hit, but it just wasn’t the same. I’d worn and enjoyed the SD for years, but it just didn’t feel the same as the BLRO.

It took about 5 or 6 weeks for a complete service in Dallas, and is now the most accurate watch I’ve ever owned. Over the last month or so, it’s still within a second.

Sounds like yours should be back in just a few more weeks, and probably better than ever.
ganagati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 12:00 AM   #9
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeobNepo View Post
Now being 2 weeks without the Pepsi I realise it's THE watch for me.
I can relate. I love wearing all my watches but the SS BLRO has adopted a special place for its balance of style, utility and comfort. I couldn't imagine being down to just one watch, but if it happened it would be the BLRO.

I rotate all my watches but the BLRO gets the most time on the wrist, which means it's now my most bashed up Rolex.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 03:34 AM   #10
Rolex2008
Banned

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveBold View Post

Completely understand appreciating quirks and flaws of mechanical objects (I am an Alfa Romeo driver) but not sure I follow the romance for something that shows serious problems, at least when compared against similar products from the same brand.

I am strongly considering adding a BLNR but my enthusiasm is tempered by the inferiority of the movement and associated risk. The fact the issue hit your watch… confused by the enthusiasm.

What makes the movement in the GMT inferior to others from Rolex?

I’m confused by what you mean here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rolex2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 04:07 AM   #11
Eagles4133
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270 / 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex2008 View Post
What makes the movement in the GMT inferior to others from Rolex?

I’m confused by what you mean here.

It's a 32xx movement, therefore known issues...
Eagles4133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 04:29 AM   #12
BraveBold
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles4133 View Post
Including likely the problems causing the service this time. Not specific to GMT - which is one of my favorite watches too.
Old 13 September 2023, 04:52 AM   #13
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

I completely understand your sentiment. My blro is getting a lot of wrist time recently. It’s a fantastic watch all around.
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 04:53 AM   #14
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
OP, my BLRO, received in December 2018 starting acting like your’s after two years. It was running inconsistently, mostly slow but sometimes fast. My AD sent it to the Dallas RSC, I got it back 4 weeks later and it’s been running fine ever since.
It will be five years old in a few months, no longer gets the most wear but still a watch I can’t see ever parting with.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 04:56 AM   #15
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

I’m confused by your confusion. As a watch enthusiast, how can you not understand his enthusiasm?
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 05:15 AM   #16
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

im almost 2 months separated from my pepsi !

The hour hand was scratching the dial ! and many marks have been observed on the dial .

sent it for dial replacement and iam waiting since then

i feel you
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 05:17 AM   #17
BraveBold
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcheroo View Post
I’m confused by your confusion. As a watch enthusiast, how can you not understand his enthusiasm?
It is a specific preference for a watch that failed to work properly relatively soon after purchase. A movement with known issues that went from a “theoretical” problem/risk to a real one.

I am considering watches with the same movement but one of the reasons I enjoy my watches is that they are well-made mechanically and reliable. The more issues I see with these movements, the more I appreciate my watches that have reliable movements… and the more I reconsider adding one of these.
Old 13 September 2023, 05:44 AM   #18
Henrimontgomery
"TRF" Member

Watch: yourself
My 126610 also has accuracy issues. It's a bit disappointing, this 32XX caliber series doesn't seem to be what I hoped for.
Henrimontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 05:53 AM   #19
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrimontgomery View Post
My 126610 also has accuracy issues. It's a bit disappointing, this 32XX caliber series doesn't seem to be what I hoped for.
How old is your 126610?
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 05:55 AM   #20
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Welcome to the forum.
Old 13 September 2023, 06:04 AM   #21
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
It is a specific preference for a watch that failed to work properly relatively soon after purchase. A movement with known issues that went from a “theoretical” problem/risk to a real one.

I am considering watches with the same movement but one of the reasons I enjoy my watches is that they are well-made mechanically and reliable. The more issues I see with these movements, the more I appreciate my watches that have reliable movements… and the more I reconsider adding one of these.

I don’t get your confusion, either. He loves that reference, and it will be returned to him, running good as new!

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 06:50 AM   #22
WatchSmith
2024 Pledge Member

I’m a watchmaker and find the 32xx a superb and accurate movement. Every movement ever made has its idiosyncrasies, and if there was a reason to avoid the 32xx series I would be the first to avoid it but the two I own are exceptionally good timekeepers.
WatchSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 07:01 AM   #23
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Grand Seiko
Quote:

Clearly you’re still smarting from buying an AR
Old 13 September 2023, 08:54 AM   #24
boltz
Banned

I get that feeling, you're going to have it all to yourself soon.
boltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 09:30 AM   #25
Minkus
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

I have a 2022 126710blrn that averages -0.7 seconds per day over a 30-day period. That’s it. I’m not trying to change your mind about anything. I’m just passing along my experience.
Minkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 11:46 AM   #26
Geckobros
"TRF" Member

Not trying to defend any brand in particular, but watchmakers I have seen post on various forums end up reminding WiS that not all movements are released without flaw and tweaks happen, which are performed when serviced. Even apparent "good releases" are tweaked.
Geckobros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 12:10 PM   #27
Galaga167
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT Master 2
I’d have a BLRO before any steel Daytona. That watch just has something that other flashy Rolex watches don’t have. And yes I will acquire it one day to compliment my 116710LN.
Galaga167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 12:24 PM   #28
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
BLRO goes well w LN model. I’m missing the LN, I sent it in for service couple of weeks back.
Old 13 September 2023, 03:22 PM   #29
Rolex2008
Banned

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles4133 View Post

But all (well, nearly all) new Rolex watches have the 32** series movement. You made it sound like the issues were specific to the GMT line.

This issue doesn’t affect all watches, I’ve had two that have been ‘poorly’ and one which is performing great.

Rolex2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 09:07 PM   #30
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplock View Post
I’m a watchmaker and find the 32xx a superb and accurate movement. Every movement ever made has its idiosyncrasies, and if there was a reason to avoid the 32xx series I would be the first to avoid it but the two I own are exceptionally good timekeepers.
My 2022 BLRO doesn’t loose or gain a second on the Timegrapher either. Amplitude is a little lower than the average 31xx series but overall can’t complain. Same went for my previous 126610LN. I only sold that to obtain a Hulk.