The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 June 2017, 10:42 AM   #61
justjay82
"TRF" Member

Canadian buyers get them while you can.

My experience in Ontario is that you can get 10-15% discounts on many models if you have a relationship with the right AD. Especially when paying cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
justjay82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2017, 12:54 PM   #62
richter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjay82 View Post
My experience in Ontario is that you can get 10-15% discounts on many models if you have a relationship with the right AD. Especially when paying cash.

If anyone has a good recommendation for a Rolex AD in Ontario please PM me!
richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2017, 12:55 PM   #63
HONDABBQ
"TRF" Member

My buddy is a regular buyer and has several AD contacts in Canada. I was looking for my Z Blue, local AD had been shipped 2 by mistake and had 1 in the case. I was given just under 12% on it and didn't bite. He made a call and got 18% off out of province. Plus the difference in sales tax saved me 8%. My final price with an extra link, GST, (AD covered overnight, insured shipping) was lower than the discounted price from my local AD.
HONDABBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2017, 01:55 PM   #64
sosodef
"TRF" Member

Hi I am in the market for one and if you know a dealer who gives reasonable discount, please send me a pm

Thank you in advance
sosodef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2017, 02:25 PM   #65
richter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjay82 View Post

Please PM me with any recommended ADs. Thanks
richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2017, 01:46 PM   #66
Diazjoaquin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TudorBeast View Post
What are the work arounds for the taxes though? Are these dealers offering discounts usually?
Not many ADs will give you discounts as a matter of fact most wont, if you do get a discount wont be more than %15 on the total amount including the taxes. I know this because I just purchased a submariner and after reading around i decided to visit some dealers and called others only to get a discount at one place. The dealer explained to me that they were getting two submariners of each model per month and were being sold very quickly, I actually had to wait for mine to arrive at the dealer.
Diazjoaquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2017, 04:12 AM   #67
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Here in Vancouver, I just purchased an OP4 114200 with silver dial. This is a replacement for my Air-King of the same configuration, which was stolen last year. Both ADs that I visited last week had absolutely no inventory of any Submariners. One had a black dial DSSD and neither had any other DeepSea models. Also, only one AD had a GMT, the Pepsi bezel in white gold.

Seems that none of the ADs are discounting, at least from MSRP. I was fortunate to get tax incl. which, even on the OP34, saved me $700CAD. I was told, however that there is not even tax saving on the Submariners, Explorer I, or GMT models.

I just feel that prices in Canada will go up, although I haven't heard anything official. I really wish I was in the position to afford another Rolex right now.
I did not visit the Rolex Boutique at the Shangri-La,however. I have been there previously, though, and they seemed to have an inventory of exceptional scope. I can well understand why it may be the largest in NA. However, an effort was being made to sell me a previous model Explorer I (with metal arabics at 3,6 and 9), while pleading ignorance to the fact that the model had been changed at Basel 2016. That did not sit well with me at all, and doubt I will ever go back. Buyer beware!