The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 15 July 2017, 03:41 AM   #1
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Watch: me go broke!
Unnamed & Undated Warranty Card

I took a risk and bought a watch off of eBay, Cartier Calibre Diver with ADLC (black). I talked to seller & picked up all of the information.

The watched was purchased at Tourneau earlier this year, I called Tourneau verified everything, it even has their extra timepiece protection plan associated with it and matches this purchase & serial number.

The Cartier warranty card has the Tourneau stamp, & a sticker under model number with the serial, but name/date are blank.

I know the purchase date from Tourneau and my last step at authentication and verifying everything (even though I already have on Tourneau's end, one extra step for peace of mind) is simply taking it Cartier which is close by and telling them that I'm going diving and feeling a little uneasy and would like it pressure tested.

Should I just fill out the purchase date to match what Tourneau has and add my name? Quite simply, "it was a gift" is a pretty easy story to tell.

Any info is much appreciated.
tbonesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2017, 04:50 AM   #2
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

if it has the AD stamp and it was verified by the AD i wouldn't worry about it. Especially since you are probably not going to send it in for warranty work anyway as the warranty period is probably getting close to being half over by this point. They have a record of the date of sale if it is ever questioned.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2017, 05:02 AM   #3
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

http://i.imgur.com/1NqTvwV.jpg

This is what is in the booklet (there are 2 booklets, this is in the more detailed one). It is a sticker that I crossed off in red that matches the serial of this watch.
Old 15 July 2017, 05:05 AM   #4
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonesteak View Post
http://i.imgur.com/1NqTvwV.jpg

This is what is in the booklet (there are 2 booklets, this is in the more detailed one). It is a sticker that I crossed off in red that matches the serial of this watch.
mine was the same. Stickered serial number, no name, and stamp (cartier boutique). I bought it myself at the cartier boutique in london and they didn't even offer to put my name in it, they just skipped that part.

The only difference is mine had the date. so no big deal.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2017, 05:19 AM   #5
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Thanks! I assume if I needed to go to Cartier, I could simply write the purchase date and my name into the card?