The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 10 July 2017, 01:15 AM   #1
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Citizen Promaster Dive watch

I am a Seiko dive watch junkie and I have a pretty large collection.

For a little brand diversity, I was looking at the Citizen Promaster dive watch. It is BN0151-09L. It's blue with a plastic strap. It has an eco-drive movement.

Anyone have one? Thoughts?
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 03:05 AM   #2
meganfox17
Banned

No 0ne yet? I thought I'll let the other readers do the talking first while I wait for my turn on the sidelines...
I'll be the last bowler ok ?

Dont ask me who on earth came up with nicknames for the Ecodrive BN0 151-09L but it was a WIS from another forum who coined the names Optimus Prime or Japanese James Bond because the dial colour resembles the blue dial of the Seamaster 300mThat's a yellow face Sean Connery disguised as the Japanese Bond in the 007 movie "You 0nly Live Twice" 1967The watch looks at its best on a midnight blue nato strapOr fitted with a Shark Mesh
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 03:18 AM   #3
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Thank you for your expertise!
Old 12 July 2017, 02:08 AM   #4
meganfox17
Banned

It's Bang for the Buck and an ideal birthday gift to a fellow WIS as you cannot really complain much about a watch that cost sub USD 200 but performs admirably.The intensity and longevity of the Eco drive lume is as good as the SKX but Seiko wins hands down on the overall quality of the bezel action, crown winding and strap suppleness
Ok.That's a wrap.Thank You for having me on your thread
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2017, 02:16 AM   #5
henrylee
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN Ceramic
It's a beautiful looking watch and as Megan stated it's big "bang for the buck". I wouldn't hesitate if I saw a good deal. But I'm either a Rolex or seiko guy. I own a few Seiko's myself including the skx007, panda 6138-8020, and a seiko Mickey Mouse chrono.
Old 13 July 2017, 06:45 AM   #6
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

I got the Citizen Promaster! I really like it on day one. The plastic strap is comfortable, more so than the ones made by Seiko. I did follow Megan's advice and I have a navy blue Nato strap as a backup. The second hand is hitting all the marks and the watch looks sharp! The time and date were set and correct upon opening the box. Going to the beach with it this weekend. One downside, the bezel is a little hard to grab, it is alternately flat and textured.
Old 13 July 2017, 07:23 AM   #7
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
I am on my second one of this watch. I love it! I honestly call it the SKX assassin. With the polished markers it is a little more classier than the SKX also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (81.3 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg Capture1.JPG (87.5 KB, 102 views)
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2017, 01:06 AM   #8
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Hiccup

Well the watch was 12 hours off, so I had to reset the date and the crown did not screw or pull open. Even with leather gloves for traction. Back to the river in South America for a replacement. But I really like the watch, hope the next one works.
Old 21 July 2017, 02:18 AM   #9
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

The next one had the same crown issue. I ordered it from another seller. If you like the looks of this watch, they are highly discounted on the internets.