The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 6 May 2015, 01:50 PM   #31
Frogman4me
Banned

Sad to hear this. If the watch gets offered to me I will be sure to let you know. Hope it turns out well for you.
Frogman4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2015, 07:01 AM   #32
ReGMiLLa31
"TRF" Member

Very sad. It's great looking example. I get my watches shipped to my work and get alerts on my phone. Hope you find it!
ReGMiLLa31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2015, 07:45 AM   #33
Naz737
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 16610T
Hope you find it.

I was worked as a UPS driver a while back during a transition... And just like you said... Best of intentions all around just is terrible that there was a turd on the punch bowl to ruin the party.

Stay vigilant! This thief is likely not too bright and will make a mistake. Good luck finding him and mean while I'm glad you got your money back.
Naz737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2015, 08:52 PM   #34
TighT
"TRF" Member

Hopefully the watch will pop up on Ebay and you'll be able to recover it.
TighT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2015, 07:20 AM   #35
VinnieVegas
"TRF" Member

Watch: '06 GMT Master II
I hope you get your watch back, I am sorry you are dealing with this.

A while back I ordered a watch from one of our trusted sellers here on the forum. I was home on delivery day and got a text that FedEx had delivered the package, but they had not. The FedEx guy didn't ring my buzzer. It was all quiet.

I contacted the seller to make sure it was sent to the correct address. It was. For a couple of hours my watch was missing. The FedEx notation said "left with front desk/reception," but it is a non-doorman building and not an office. Strange.

Turns out, the FedEx guy left it with the bakery in the store downstairs. There was no bad intentions: the FedEx guy was running behind and often leaves packages there when people aren't home. The bakery owner is nice and likes to help out and signed for it and placed it on his shelf, and expected to ring my buzzer when he closed up shop.

Everybody meant well but for a few hours my Explorer II was MIA. Not a good feeling. The package was insured and I knew it would work out one way or the other, but I wasn't anxious to deal with the paperwork and wait. I'm sure the seller wasn't too keen on that process, either.

I was also given some confidence that the label on the box had no identifying information like in the address boxes like "Timepiece Rolexes" or similar name of a seller that would denote that the package likely contained something valuable.

Usually I get all my stuff sent to my office: watches, Amazon Prime, etc. I know it will be signed for by staff and I will get it within an hour after delivery. I usually get a text noting that it was delivered so I am aware and can stay on top of it sooner rather than later. That day I knew I'd be home so went that route, and it ended up being more controversial than I expected.

Getting it delivered to my office always works best for me.

Once again, good luck.

* Seiko SRP777 (2017)
VinnieVegas is offline   Reply With Quote