The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 12 May 2017, 07:49 AM   #1
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Visconti Wall Street Limited Edition! Green!

With the 2 surgeries of the last 45 days I have been so broke I can't pay attention within my liquid assets, but with tax return season and an unexpected return from our most effective and wise Federal gooberment I am now back in the buying, acquiring, selling, and working my way into joyous poverty again!

Just added this one! Love Viscontis!

Visconti Wall Street Limited Edition (the maxi) in green celluloid. Better yet, a 1.1 stub nib! These are gorgeous pens and Chatterly Luxuries has a dynamic sell going on right now. I think I got the last one of these, but they have the non-limited edition in red which is just a lovely.

I really like the celluloid that Visconti uses for the Wall Street pens. The Visconti Wall Street "stacking" design was introduced in 2003. It brings to mind tall New York skyscrapers and ticker tape screens around the Exchange. Gorgeous!

Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2017, 08:45 AM   #2
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
You're killing me Richard!! I've been eyeing that pen for a month since I found out he had them on sale. PLEASE post pics when you get the pen and a writing sample if possible. My Wall Street LE might actually be the blue version. It's borderline. If the green is a more vibrate color, I might just have to pull the trigger! Also I'm very interested in that palladium stub. Good score!
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2017, 11:08 AM   #3
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
I love it!
Old 13 May 2017, 12:25 PM   #4
jmiicustomz
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1953 pre explorer
Been really considering one myself! This month my wife had surgery scheduled for the 15th, and an "us" day (That's gonna cost me about a "g",) and I have to get new hearing protection ($1800,) and I bought a nrw scope for $2200, so nothing new for me pen wise this month. But like Formulansx I would love a writing sample and review!

You guys are killing my play toy funds!

To know the future is to be trapped by it
jmiicustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2017, 12:55 PM   #5
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulansx View Post
You're killing me Richard!! I've been eyeing that pen for a month since I found out he had them on sale. PLEASE post pics when you get the pen and a writing sample if possible. My Wall Street LE might actually be the blue version. It's borderline. If the green is a more vibrate color, I might just have to pull the trigger! Also I'm very interested in that palladium stub. Good score!
I am still fairly immobile after the surgeries, but will try.

In the meantime here are a few reviews that will knot your knickers.

This is S.B.R.E Brown. He does some well respected fountain pen reviews and is worth of a YT subscription. He always does a writing sample at the end of his reviews. Good stuff. I believe he stated not long ago that he has above 400 reviews posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E45QvjaYVQ8

http://blog.gouletpens.com/2016/05/i...ttan-wall.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctDVGqbA5Cw

I like and subscribe to Figboot on Pens also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SVaaTh6LfU

Remember there are two version of the Wall Street. The Limited Edition which has a celluloid section and the smaller non-limited edition which has a metal section. Both are good pens, but the LE is oversized and just that much more beautiful.
Old 13 May 2017, 05:00 PM   #6
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisquitlips View Post
I am still fairly immobile after the surgeries, but will try.

In the meantime here are a few reviews that will knot your knickers.

This is S.B.R.E Brown. He does some well respected fountain pen reviews and is worth of a YT subscription. He always does a writing sample at the end of his reviews. Good stuff. I believe he stated not long ago that he has above 400 reviews posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E45QvjaYVQ8

http://blog.gouletpens.com/2016/05/i...ttan-wall.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctDVGqbA5Cw

I like and subscribe to Figboot on Pens also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SVaaTh6LfU

Remember there are two version of the Wall Street. The Limited Edition which has a celluloid section and the smaller non-limited edition which has a metal section. Both are good pens, but the LE is oversized and just that much more beautiful.
Ohhh yeah SBREBrown has cost me untold $$ by his reviews I even ordered my Faber Castell from Appelboom using his coupon code. I have a blue/green Wall Street LE that I picked up used and rebuilt. Also have a gray standard edition that I rebuilt. The LE that I have though, I can't tell if it's blue or green. As I understand it, the blue LE has been sold out for years. I'm really after a green one honestly. Mine has a 14kt medium nib (great nib) but I'm also after the elusive palladium stub that is missing from my collection. You might have become an enabler here Sir, unintentionally. Just when I though I was out, they drag me back in!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7601.jpg (63.4 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7603.jpg (42.5 KB, 127 views)
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Old 13 May 2017, 05:09 PM   #7
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Ohhh yeah SBREBrown has cost me untold $$ by his reviews I even ordered my Faber Castell from Appelboom using his coupon code. I have a blue/green Wall Street LE that I picked up used and rebuilt. Also have a gray standard edition that I rebuilt. The LE that I have though, I can't tell if it's blue or green. As I understand it, the blue LE has been sold out for years. I'm really after a green one honestly. Mine has a 14kt medium nib (great nib) but I'm also after the elusive palladium stub that is missing from my collection. You might have become an enabler here Sir, unintentionally. Just when I though I was out, they drag me back in!!

Well I am in good company then, but SBRE Brown...he is an enabler extraordinaire!!! He should be in a sanitarium until he can be taught not to lead us down the path to poverty! And then teach us unknowing to also become enablers! RASCAL!!!!

I went for the green as it is just one of those colors in Lucite / Celluloid that pearlizes in the right light! The red was available also and I may also buy it, but in the midi size just to flesh out my Visconti collection a bit.
Old 13 May 2017, 05:14 PM   #8
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

I edited my post above with a couple pics. The snap of the section really shows the blue but it's not a "definitive" blue for me. The pics I've seen of the green look GREEN and that's what I'm after. When I plead pen insanity in bankruptcy court, I'm naming SBREBrown as a witness! Also I believe SBRE has a red Wall Street........not to tempt you more
Old 13 May 2017, 06:06 PM   #9
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I edited my post above with a couple pics. The snap of the section really shows the blue but it's not a "definitive" blue for me. The pics I've seen of the green look GREEN and that's what I'm after. When I plead pen insanity in bankruptcy court, I'm naming SBREBrown as a witness! Also I believe SBRE has a red Wall Street........not to tempt you more
I see what you mean. Is there a designated color on the box?

I tell you I like it! It looks like it actually changes from blue to green depending on the angle of the light. Really like that effect!

SBRE Brown.......sigh....

He is the one that sold me on the 23K PD nibs. After I purchased my first Visconti with a PD nib I was hooked. Totally different feel than gold and soft, but not super flexible. And I understand that lots of people will spring the nibs on them treating them like they are 14 or 18K gold.
Old 13 May 2017, 06:42 PM   #10
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisquitlips View Post
I see what you mean. Is there a designated color on the box?

I tell you I like it! It looks like it actually changes from blue to green depending on the angle of the light. Really like that effect!

SBRE Brown.......sigh....

He is the one that sold me on the 23K PD nibs. After I purchased my first Visconti with a PD nib I was hooked. Totally different feel than gold and soft, but not super flexible. And I understand that lots of people will spring the nibs on them treating them like they are 14 or 18K gold.
Unfortunately no box with the purchase so the color can't be certain. It was advertised as green though but I have my doubts. I picked it up from an estate sale with a broken E-clip from the vac filler rod to the piston. If you ever need a factory grade stainless E-clip, I have 49 of them Also the piston rod is not titanium as I had heard, at least on the 14kt pens. It was also 302 stainless. I went through and analyzed all the metal on the pen to see what I was dealing with. I've grown to love the palladium nib (medium Visconti Millionaire). It took a while to break in and I've had to heatset my medium Millionaire feed at least once but it's an awesome nib with a very narrow range of spring. It's soft but not too soft if you don't beat on it. I guess it's a jack of one trade you could say. If you venture out of it's comfort zone, you'll need to heat set it. It is a great writing nib though, just don't beat on it too much like I did I originally bought my Wall Street standard edition with the intent of swapping out the palladium nib on my millionaire with the 14kt nib but later thought better of it. The palladium nib remains!
Old 13 May 2017, 10:15 PM   #11
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I really like this pen. Visconti is a great value and well made pen.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2017, 08:35 AM   #12
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Unfortunately no box with the purchase so the color can't be certain. It was advertised as green though but I have my doubts. I picked it up from an estate sale with a broken E-clip from the vac filler rod to the piston. If you ever need a factory grade stainless E-clip, I have 49 of them Also the piston rod is not titanium as I had heard, at least on the 14kt pens. It was also 302 stainless. I went through and analyzed all the metal on the pen to see what I was dealing with. I've grown to love the palladium nib (medium Visconti Millionaire). It took a while to break in and I've had to heatset my medium Millionaire feed at least once but it's an awesome nib with a very narrow range of spring. It's soft but not too soft if you don't beat on it. I guess it's a jack of one trade you could say. If you venture out of it's comfort zone, you'll need to heat set it. It is a great writing nib though, just don't beat on it too much like I did I originally bought my Wall Street standard edition with the intent of swapping out the palladium nib on my millionaire with the 14kt nib but later thought better of it. The palladium nib remains!
That is really good information there! You are far more brave than I am and analyzing the metal in the rod is 50 steps beyond what I have heard anyone else taking! I am disappointed to learn that it wasn't titanium as advertised.

I am just being introduced to the PD nibs and have to say they are as good as any gold or I have ever used.

I just got my Wall Street today and I ordered it with a stub PD nib. That should be a writing experience deluxe.