The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 May 2017, 03:48 PM   #1
Aiguilledumidi
"TRF" Member

In Italy now, what can I expect for discounts on PM Daytona or Day date?

Greetings. I am fortunate enough to be travelling in Italy near Florence, pisa, venice ans Milan. I am under the impression from previous posts that pm daytonas and day dates are sometimes discounted 25% or more in the states at ads. If so is that a reasonable request in Italy at ads on top of the VAT of roughly 15%. Thanks!
Aiguilledumidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2017, 10:08 PM   #2
Amex4711
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes of course
Go to florence to the Rolex Boutique at Ponte Vecchio Bridge, ask for Andrea (he is a very nice salesman ) for a discount
Old 30 May 2017, 11:31 PM   #3
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
You're looking for list -15% and than -25% at an AD ?
Not going to happen
Old 31 May 2017, 12:00 AM   #4
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
If they know you are claiming back the VAT then they might not give you so much discount, but I still think you should get 15% off.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2017, 04:10 PM   #5
Aiguilledumidi
"TRF" Member

Thanks. Last year on TT DJ 41 they were offering me 10% off plus the 15% VAT (Venice). Even found a Deep Sea D Blue that was going to be about $10000 USD after discount, exchange rate, etc. in Milan. Went back next day it was gone. Thought perhaps PMs might be able to get closer to the 25% mark plus VAT. Now on this trip finding plenty of PM daytona in WG/Blue and YG/green. Have not asked about discounts yet but they seem a little more reluctant in Florence than up in North of Italy. Have not seen another deep sea d blue and of course no stainless daytonas. Florence had one SD43 but was not for sale and they had a huge waitlist for SD43 and steel daytona.
Old 1 June 2017, 06:36 PM   #6
SailormanVT
"TRF" Member

Unfortunately seems that , due to the lack of pieces delivered to the dealers, nobody is willing to discount the stainless steel sportive models any more.
I leave not far from Milan, and I'm part of a group of watches lovers organizing meetings/dinners quite often with friends all over Italy, for this reason I think I have a pretty good overview.
You may find something on the golden pieces or on the "non sportive" models, but it's not sure at all.
On the Day Date it is a different story, i think that it's quite easy to get a good discount, from 10 to 20 it's not impossible.
Enjoy the hunt!

PS VAT is 22%, there is a module (most of them have it) to recover the entire amount (long procedure), and another system much quicker to recover about 16%.
SailormanVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2017, 07:36 PM   #7
Snow-Dweller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: collections change
Check out http://www.orologeriabodoni.com in Turin (Italy's version of David SW). I bought my BLRO through them, and would have no hesitation using them again.

16803. 16570. 18038. 114300. BB58. GMW-B5000D.

Last edited by Snow-Dweller; 1 June 2017 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: Typo
Snow-Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2017, 07:47 PM   #8
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailormanVT View Post
Unfortunately seems that , due to the lack of pieces delivered to the dealers, nobody is willing to discount the stainless steel sportive models any more.
I leave not far from Milan, and I'm part of a group of watches lovers organizing meetings/dinners quite often with friends all over Italy, for this reason I think I have a pretty good overview.
You may find something on the golden pieces or on the "non sportive" models, but it's not sure at all.
On the Day Date it is a different story, i think that it's quite easy to get a good discount, from 10 to 20 it's not impossible.
Enjoy the hunt!

PS VAT is 22%, there is a module (most of them have it) to recover the entire amount (long procedure), and another system much quicker to recover about 16%.
I got my 116619LB list minus 27% (incl VAT) from a German seller. The watch originated from an Italian AD. The German seller buys in bulk from Italy and gets a hefty discount. So for a normal customer 20% should indeed be possible I would think.
Sailor man; you are wrong in the VAT calculation. MRSP includes 22% VAT. This 22% is calculated from the Nett price and added, the same amount adds up to about 17% of the gross MRSP. Getting back 16% means you get almost the full VAT returned, minus 1% fee.
Old 1 June 2017, 08:48 PM   #9
rayven
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUB Date & DJ41
Let me know if you stumble into any BLNR's while you're there. I'll be there in two weeks (through the same areas) and started calling some AD's and of the 6 I've called so far, none have had any and a few had wait lists.
rayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2017, 12:19 AM   #10
SailormanVT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
I got my 116619LB list minus 27% (incl VAT) from a German seller. The watch originated from an Italian AD. The German seller buys in bulk from Italy and gets a hefty discount. So for a normal customer 20% should indeed be possible I would think.
Sailor man; you are wrong in the VAT calculation. MRSP includes 22% VAT. This 22% is calculated from the Nett price and added, the same amount adds up to about 17% of the gross MRSP. Getting back 16% means you get almost the full VAT returned, minus 1% fee.
Good Morning Joli,

I have to say that here in Europe we see quite often that a Dealer sells to another European Reseller without paying the VAT (exportation is VAT free) and after that the resellers has a pretty good discount room. Unfortunately it is common practice, it's just a method to avoid to pay VAT if the piece is re-entering in the Country of origin, otherwise it is in accordance to the Regulations.
Concerning the VAT, I did not mean to make a calculation, you can recover the full amount (long procedure) or you can recover less with a quick procedure (Companies like Global Blue and so on) they anticipate you an amount of money (from 10% to 16% out of the 22%).
SailormanVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2017, 04:28 PM   #11
Aiguilledumidi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayven View Post
Let me know if you stumble into any BLNR's while you're there. I'll be there in two weeks (through the same areas) and started calling some AD's and of the 6 I've called so far, none have had any and a few had wait lists.
I will keep an eye out for it and let u know if I see one.
Old 7 June 2017, 08:37 AM   #12
Aiguilledumidi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayven View Post
Forgive me, I am not certain, but I believe I saw one in Pisa at AD. Certainly not at either AD in Florence while I was there. I will also check in Venice and Milan shortly. Best of luck.