The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 June 2017, 01:21 AM   #1
Layner
"TRF" Member

Icon15 Any off catalogue options?

Hoping to get some advice from the Rolex gurus.

My wife will turn 40 next year, and unless she asks for something, she'll be getting a new watch for her collection. I'm leaning to the datejust 36 with the blue diamond dial. I had originally planned on a diamond bezel too, but the wife was clear that she wouldn't be comfortable wearing the watch to work (where she's the boss and doesn't want to be too flashy), so it has to be the fluted bezel. She already has a diamond dial rolex, so I'm hoping there might some off catalogue options (baguettes?) that would distinguish it a bit, or maybe just a similar, blue dial watch that's less commonly seen

I should probably be asking my AD this question, but I've read enough TRF posts to lose faith in ADs on these types of questions.

Thanks to everyone for any help you can give on this
Layner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2017, 01:36 AM   #2
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Anything is possible via customization in NYC or other places. Not official 100% Rolex, yet is fine. Did that for my wife and saved a bundle on a 36mm DJ. Pink flower diamond dial, diamond bezel, etc for about 6k with 2 year warranty.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2017, 01:42 AM   #3
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
You might want to PM one of the TRF Trusted Sellers (DavidSW, OCRolexguy, Takuya, etc.) to see if they can give you the dial you want. I like blue myself.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote