The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: Are you gonna buy electric or hybrid Lamborghini or Ferrari models in the future?
Electric 7 9.33%
Hybrid 6 8.00%
Neither 53 70.67%
Gonna try before I buy 8 10.67%
ICE 1 1.33%
Gonna' Get Them All (EV, Hybrid, ICE) 0 0%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 August 2022, 01:08 AM   #61
sgarrity
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
How much do battery changes cost? i read that the battery can cost more than some used cars are worth. For those with battery-powered cars, what is the cost, and do you plan to flip/sell the car before a battery change needs to be done and let someone else deal with it?
Tesla has an 8 year/100,000 mile warranty on the battery. Not sure there’s much cause for concern….
sgarrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2022, 02:28 AM   #62
Laszlo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Date & No Date
Well, I can’t play because I can’t afford one anyway. But if I could, I wouldn’t because I’m just not warmed up to ever owning an electric car. Going to stick with petrol for as long as I can. What I wish for and Porsche is doing a POC, is clean fuel so we can still have loud, ripping mechanical motors!

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2022, 06:10 AM   #63
golftime
"TRF" Member

Most of those performance cars manufacturers are going to start including a small electric motor to assist the ICE with initial acceleration in the next year. It will improve their CAFE ratings at the same time so it is a win-win. Ferrari is already doing it and I expect Porsche and BMW will most likely do the same. It offers the best of both worlds and does not diminish the driving experience. Full EV will probably follow within a few years.
golftime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2022, 12:43 AM   #64
Tricolore66
"TRF" Member

It will never happen. I've been in the Ferrari business for 20+ years and when we last offered a car with a manual gearbox the take-up rate was approximately 5%. At that point it was competing with a single-clutch F1 gearbox, which is a dinosaur compared to the newest generation DCT gearboxes. Virtually every Ferrari model is sold-out for the next 2-3 years, while production is at an all-time high. They aren't interested in what automotive bloggers and forum kids think, as they are not the target audience. There are plenty of terrific Ferrari's built from the 60's-90's with manual gearboxes for those who want them.

Orders for manual gearbox Porsches have dropped significantly, and much of the frenzy that kicked off with the 911R has been driven by a speculative market in their GT cars on the chance that the most recent cars may be the last of their manual cars. I would love to see the figures for new regular 992 Carreras ordered with manuals, but my guess is that it's probably around 10%.

I've got three cars with manual gearboxes, and my girlfriend's car is also a manual, so I'm a true believer, but the commercial reality is that it is still a very small segment that makes little sense for a small-volume manufacturer to chase, despite what the internet fanboys think.

I've spent a lot of time in the 296 GTB, and the car is absolutely brilliant. I'm certain it will be the benchmark sports car for virtually every other manufacturer integrating ICE with electric power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
Ferrari needs to take a page out of Porsche’s book and build a manual NA touring car.
Tricolore66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2022, 02:02 AM   #65
Boopie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
ICE, ICE, Baby!

No interest. My husband has (and loves) his Tesla. One EV is enough.
Boopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2022, 04:37 AM   #66
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Are you gonna buy electric or hybrid Lamborghini or Ferrari models in the future?

EV for daily driver, family, and road tripper. I would only buy an ICE for a fun car.
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2022, 03:27 AM   #67
Grand Style
Banned

The poll options:
ICE
Gonna' Get Them All (EV, Hybrid, ICE)

...were added much later.

The thread with all the options from the get-go can be found on this thread:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=867113
Grand Style is offline   Reply With Quote