The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 11 February 2010, 02:37 PM   #1
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Another Wonderful TRF Story!

Where to start? A couple of weeks ago, I got a PM from Mosco asking me to send him my address. Which I did. He said that he was going to send me a parcel, something I might be interested in.
Well, it arrived today. It is a never-been-worn Hamilton Khaki chrono. I had made a comment in one of Kyle's posting, to the effect that I liked the model. Kyle has photographed it alongside his Explorer. I sort of forgot about the Hamilton. When I opened the parcel tonight, there was the identical Hamilton staring at me! I had actually forgotten about it, but Mosco (Greg) had remembered that I mentioned I liked the watch. It had been sitting in his safe, and he actually thought of sending it to me as a gift (close to tears - of joy - as I write this!). It just blows me away, the thoughfullness and kindness of someone like Greg who I know on this forum. Just one example of the truly fine people one meets here.
The other amazing thing is: the night that Greg asked me for my address, I had received a pre-owned Oris Big Crown Pointer Date in the mail. I hincad bought it through a private deal from a fellow in Virginia. It arrived, in beautiful condition, and is a beautiful watch. As soon as I put in on, however, I realized that for some reason that it just didn't suit me. At that moment, I decided to gift it to my good friend Ian (Shandy) also on this forum. He loves it, and at the time he made a great post about it.
Since I traded my Breitling Seawolf, the odd time I have been lusting for a bigger tool watch to kind of play around with in the sense of adding a couple of different straps. Behold, the Hamilton Khaki I received today. Brand new, except the strap was broken, and Greg never replaced it. He had the watch in his safe, waiting for a good home! Here is a shot of the watch, without strap of course, as I just got it:

The other great thing is, the original buckle (which I really like) is also with the watch, so I can switch out the buckle on the strap I get).
Well, Greg, I am still speechless. In the past few months I have really been blessed by positive events in my life, but this takes the cake! Starting last September, I got a new job in a print shop close to home, so I can walk to work in less than 10 minutes. Best part is: the couple who owns the business, are not only 2 of the nicest people I have ever worked with, but also 2 of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. Now I have met people like you on this forum, which is a place where I spend much of my leisure time. On top of that, the experience I had at the AD last week where I bought my Explorer, is the best experience I have ever had in retail purchasing - bar none! Plenty I have to be thankful for, I say. And I also met my great friend Shandy on the forums (Breitlingsource.com to be exact), then kind of reaquainted on TRF.
Greg, thanks a million once again! I never dreamed I would be the proud owner of such a watch tonight! What a guy! Random gifts like this are always the best!
Hope you all enjoy the story!
Cheers ,
Carl
Old 11 February 2010, 02:41 PM   #2
Atl

Watch: GMT II, new Subbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
Where to start? A couple of weeks ago, I got a PM from Mosco asking me to send him my address. Which I did. He said that he was going to send me a parcel, something I might be interested in.
Well, it arrived today. It is a never-been-worn Hamilton Khaki chrono. I had made a comment in one of Kyle's posting, to the effect that I liked the model. Kyle has photographed it alongside his Explorer. I sort of forgot about the Hamilton. When I opened the parcel tonight, there was the identical Hamilton staring at me! I had actually forgotten about it, but Mosco (Greg) had remembered that I mentioned I liked the watch. It had been sitting in his safe, and he actually thought of sending it to me as a gift (close to tears - of joy - as I write this!). It just blows me away, the thoughfullness and kindness of someone like Greg who I know on this forum. Just one example of the truly fine people one meets here.
The other amazing thing is: the night that Greg asked me for my address, I had received a pre-owned Oris Big Crown Pointer Date in the mail. I hincad bought it through a private deal from a fellow in Virginia. It arrived, in beautiful condition, and is a beautiful watch. As soon as I put in on, however, I realized that for some reason that it just didn't suit me. At that moment, I decided to gift it to my good friend Ian (Shandy) also on this forum. He loves it, and at the time he made a great post about it.
Since I traded my Breitling Seawolf, the odd time I have been lusting for a bigger tool watch to kind of play around with in the sense of adding a couple of different straps. Behold, the Hamilton Khaki I received today. Brand new, except the strap was broken, and Greg never replaced it. He had the watch in his safe, waiting for a good home! Here is a shot of the watch, without strap of course, as I just got it:

The other great thing is, the original buckle (which I really like) is also with the watch, so I can switch out the buckle on the strap I get).
Well, Greg, I am still speechless. In the past few months I have really been blessed by positive events in my life, but this takes the cake! Starting last September, I got a new job in a print shop close to home, so I can walk to work in less than 10 minutes. Best part is: the couple who owns the business, are not only 2 of the nicest people I have ever worked with, but also 2 of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. Now I have met people like you on this forum, which is a place where I spend much of my leisure time. On top of that, the experience I had at the AD last week where I bought my Explorer, is the best experience I have ever had in retail purchasing - bar none! Plenty I have to be thankful for, I say. And I also met my great friend Shandy on the forums (Breitlingsource.com to be exact), then kind of reaquainted on TRF.
Greg, thanks a million once again! I never dreamed I would be the proud owner of such a watch tonight! What a guy! Random gifts like this are always the best!
Hope you all enjoy the story!
Cheers ,
Carl
Good karma always comes back. Mosco
Atl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 02:42 PM   #3
kyle L
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer I
Great story Carl, great watch, and a really great member. I remember we were buying the Hammy for my little brother's graduation present, he loved it. Greg offered to give it for free as a present! But we said no, we couldn't do that. Greg you're one of the very best guys on this forum. Enjoy that beauty Carl. It'll make your Explorer look like a shrimp.

kyle L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 02:42 PM   #4
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Wow!!! Greg never ceases to amaze me with his generosity!

Well done!
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 02:46 PM   #5
DS_Obsessed
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116660 V
Hey Greg. I really like that Darwin IWC Aquatimer you listed earlier today. I know we've never met or spoke, but if you get the itch again, feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to send you my details. ;-)!

Just kidding nice jesture. Sharp watch. Awesome good will on the site.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack”
DS_Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 02:48 PM   #6
tandrup
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M
Wow - what a cool story. Thanks for sharing. Greg, I gotta admit that stuff like this makes me soft. You guys are unbelievable - it is SO nice to read stories like this.
Georg Jensen 2347
tandrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 02:48 PM   #7
tandrup
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_Obsessed View Post
Hey Greg. I really like that Darwin IWC Aquatimer you listed earlier today. I know we've never met or spoke, but if you get the itch again, feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to send you my details. ;-)!

Just kidding nice jesture. Sharp watch. Awesome good will on the site.
Georg Jensen 2347
tandrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 02:50 PM   #8
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle L View Post
Great story Carl, great watch, and a really great member. I remember we were buying the Hammy for my little brother's graduation present, he loved it. Greg offered to give it for free as a present! But we said no, we couldn't do that. Greg you're one of the very best guys on this forum. Enjoy that beauty Carl. It'll make your Explorer look like a shrimp.

Wow! Not only do I have a brother the same age as you, Kyle - and I am 60 years old!, but the same type of watch as your brother!
You guys are all wonderful Never dreamed I would feel such a bond as this with people on a forum.
Cheers,
Carl
Old 11 February 2010, 02:52 PM   #9
shandy
Banned

Carl.
You are a genuinely decent human being my friend and I am so happy for you with this watch, I can't wait to see it

Greg, your humanity, kindness and huge heart is something to behold. There are few people of your caliber in this world and it is a much better place with people like you and Carl in it!

An update to the watch Carl gifted me, well, it never leaves my wrist! Thank you Carl!

As Carl knows I have given a few watches away as well and there is something amazing in being able to do so. It was time to pay it forward after Carls amazing gesture so Someone I know who has a terminal illness and spends all their money on trying to get through it the best they can.Well now has one of my eco drives, the minute repeater on his wrist. I love the spirit both Carl and Greg have shown, I am honored to know you both, well done!
shandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 02:52 PM   #10
kyle L
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
Wow! Not only do I have a brother the same age as you, Kyle - and I am 60 years old!, but the same type of watch as your brother!
You guys are all wonderful Never dreamed I would feel such a bond as this with people on a forum.
Cheers,
Carl
What a coincidence! I just cannot get used to the Hamilton on my wrist, feels like one of those ankle monitor bracelets.

Old 11 February 2010, 02:53 PM   #11
kyle L
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandy View Post
Carl.
You are a genuinely decent human being my friend and I am so happy for you with this watch, I can't wait to see it

Greg, your humanity, kindness and huge heart is something to behold. There are few people of your caliber in this world and it is a much better place with people like you and Carl in it!

An update to the watch Carl gifted me, well, it never leaves my wrist! Thank you Carl!

As Carl knows I have given a few watches away as well and there is something amazing in being able to do so. It was time to pay it forward after Carls amazing gesture so Someone I know who has a terminal illness and spends all their money on trying to get through it the best they can.Well now has one of my eco drives, the minute repeater on his wrist. I love the spirit both Carl and Greg have shown, I am honored to know you both, well done!
Good things happen to good people Ian.
Old 11 February 2010, 02:54 PM   #12
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Sweet.....That's what I love about TRF...!
Super great people on here and Greg is right up there at the top in my books as well!! I personaly have never done any transaction with him but we have crossed paths a few times and he's alway's come across as a top notch guy..!
A big to Greg and congrats to you Carl !! You come across with a great demeanor yourself and deserve it pal......

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 02:55 PM   #13
sleddog

Quote:
What a coincidence! I just cannot get used to the Hamilton on my wrist, feels like one of those ankle monitor bracelets.

Looks like a wall clock on your wrist Kyle!!

Old 11 February 2010, 02:56 PM   #14
kyle L
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog1000 View Post

Looks like a wall clock on your wrist Kyle!!

Old 11 February 2010, 02:59 PM   #15
sleddog

Quote:
Carl.

Great to hear Ian..! Nothing like paying it forward...

Old 11 February 2010, 02:59 PM   #16
shandy
Banned

Quote:
Good things happen to good people Ian.
Kyle, you have maturity and spirit beyond your young years my friend,I know there is hope when there are good young men like you to carry the world into the future Oh yes, I love your explorer on the jubilee
Old 11 February 2010, 03:00 PM   #17
kyle L
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Kyle, you have maturity and spirit beyond your young years my friend,I know there is hope when there are good young men like you to carry the world into the future Oh yes, I love your explorer on the jubilee
Thanks Ian. I just hope I can get those 502Ts.
Old 11 February 2010, 03:01 PM   #18
Lol-x
Facilitator

Hello Shandy

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 03:07 PM   #19
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
Great story, from great guys! Mosco is a great guy, and I like his style! More people seem to be catching on to the brotherhood here at TRF. It's not about money, or who has the best watch, but sharing interest. I'm glad to be among this group of unselfish people. I have a good mind to fire off some goodies myself!

Hats off to Mosco!
ParisDakarBmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 03:11 PM   #20
lolo96706
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss GV - V
Great story. Nice to know that good things still happen to good people.
lolo96706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 03:12 PM   #21
xxthe_remedyxx
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Mosco is awesome. He sent me some Sunshine Polishing cloths out of the blue. Really awesome guy!
xxthe_remedyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 03:19 PM   #22
shandy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Hello Shandy
Hey Steve.

Hope your well mate and enjoying the Nakaya. I should be up to speed and contributing more to the pen forum. It has been a bit of a time of late. Still, A lovely Montegrappa Historia made in 1999 is winging it's way from John as I type!

Thanks again for organising that, what a forum this is..Another reason why I have always liked you mad Aussies!! ( I shared with three of your fellow countrymen when I first moved to Canada, what a time..I have to move to Aus!)
Old 11 February 2010, 03:28 PM   #23
Changmaisausage
"TRF" Member

Watch: SeaDweller
Nice story and nice guys it makes everyone feel good to hear the love to be found on TRF.
Old 11 February 2010, 03:39 PM   #24
onkyo
Banned

Amazing generosity.... and to Greg.

Enjoy your new watch Carl!
onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 03:51 PM   #25
Porsche
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: and learn
Greg MOSCO... what I can I say that hasn't been said?

You really are a gentleman and a top guy!

PS. I LOVE your avatar, brings a smile to my face every time!

ROLEX --- SEIKO --- HEUER

TRF REHAUT
T H E R O L E X F O R U M T H E R O L E X F O R U M T H E R O L E X F O R U M T H E R O L E X F O R U M T H E R O L E X F O R U M T H E R O L E X F O R U M
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 04:31 PM   #26
TurboWatch
"TRF" Member

Congrats to the OP

Very nice of you Greg.
TurboWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 04:40 PM   #27
ESKO

Watch: 2012 Milgauss GV
This is why I come back here! the generosity, not just the gifts but the knowledge, the jokes, pictures, and comeraderie, we are all truly richer because of this forum! Emjoy your wealth ladies and gentleman!
ESKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 04:46 PM   #28
caeden

Watch: 1680
Great story!
caeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 04:53 PM   #29
sakuraba
"TRF" Member

Watch: sun dial
Congratulations on discovering TRF's best kept secret - that Mosco is one great guy!
sakuraba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 07:52 PM   #30
TSW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP's
Wow what a great gesture!!

AP Owners Club
IG @swiss.watch.connection
TSW is offline   Reply With Quote