The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 October 2020, 02:44 AM   #661
SEA watch addict
"TRF" Member

I purchased my Tudor BB GMT in April 2018 from an AD, and wore it daily for about a year until mine also began having date-change problems. I sent mine to a RSC through an AD. It took about three months to get the watch back. The paperwork stated they had done a complete movement exchange.
I have been wearing it now daily for the last month; so far, so good.
BUT, I do not think I will ever really feel comfortable with a watch which has proven to be unreliable. Though I prefer the aesthetics of the Tudor GMT to the Rolex ceramic GMT IIs (I owned an all-black bezel one and a Batman), and certainly prefer the cost of the Tudor, for me, reliability is cornerstone-number-one when owning an expensive item.
I have owned five Rolexes without issues, two Omegas, both of which had lots of issues, and now the Tudor GMT and its problems.
I guess I’ll stick long-term with a Rolex (currently own a 2016 Sea-Dweller 4000... no issues).
SEA watch addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2020, 09:53 AM   #662
Helmi
"TRF" Member

Tudor gmt date window issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky51 View Post
My question is, did Rolex replaced it with an updated design movement or the same design movement. I guess I am confused on the difference between a faulty movement vs. a movement with a faulty design.

If the replacement is with the same faulty design, then the problem may not be really fixed. We're just taking a chance and extending the risk.

If your AD's claim is true and your watch is part of the new batch with the updated movement, then I'm guessing the updated movement didn't fix the issue because it still happened to you.

Rolex should issue a notice to be transparent with this issue and how are they handling them.

I just don't trust the AD because their goal is to sell you the watch at any cost.

Very valid point. Just to be precise, my AD guy said that my watch is part of latest batch and he is not "expecting" the problem to still happen after 1 year of watch release (may 2019) while tudor know about it since long time. I took all this with a grain of salt and was prepared that the issue may happen as I am not sure if the movement in my watch is truly an updated movement or not.

You are absolutely right that tudor should issue a statement about the problem and how they are handling it. Reality is that they are taking chances and some people get lucky and other suffer from multiple movement swaps until the issue is fixed, which tells me they don't really know the root cause of the problem and how to fix it 100%. Sad but seems logic to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Helmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2020, 07:58 AM   #663
douglas225
"TRF" Member

Worn mine nearly daily since march 2019. Its been very accurate and, frankly, i think it is my favorite watch - despite height. About a month ago i woke up to the date stuck between two numbers. Hoping it was a fluke, i reset it. Since then, it has jumped two days twice and stuck between dates again once. I dropped it off at ad when i picked up 124060 last week. I hope it gets new movement w no probs - i already really miss it. I think it may be about as perfect of a watch as i have found (save date wheel issue). It just feels so right when sitting wrist and looking down. I am a huge fan of colors and aluminum bezel.
douglas225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2020, 08:12 AM   #664
blufinz52
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 116400GV 124060
I bought my Tudor BB GMT new in April, 2020. No issues with the date until I reset the watch on Nov. 1 for going back to Standard Time. Since then it's moved a half day, a day and a half and twice went 2 dates. Off to RSC this week. Hope this can be resolved, as I love the watch.
blufinz52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2020, 08:16 AM   #665
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Heartbreaking thread.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2020, 08:27 AM   #666
peterpl
Banned

LMFAO

Still going on towards the end of 2020. Isnt this like 3 years+ y

I'm never touching this watch.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2020, 05:39 AM   #667
maxymax
"TRF" Member

I’m really lost for words reading how people are still raving about this model despite its major flaw. No wonder some in-production watches are selling way beyond their retail price even set by the manufacturers
maxymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2020, 02:40 PM   #668
lamnyc
"TRF" Member

Tudor needs to put a completely new design moment. The current movement is a lemon from the beginning.
lamnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2020, 03:31 PM   #669
cuibono
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxymax View Post
I’m really lost for words reading how people are still raving about this model despite its major flaw. No wonder some in-production watches are selling way beyond their retail price even set by the manufacturers
I'm also blown away by this...

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
cuibono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2020, 03:58 PM   #670
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Purchased mine in 2020, Q serial. Never had an issue.
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2020, 04:41 PM   #671
michaelodonnell123
Banned

Watch: Panerai 112
So glad I sold my Tudor GMT when I did. I posted this annoying problem back in 2017 and it's still around: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...ighlight=tudor

Rolex could not fix my GMT after multiple attempts and months of waiting. During my ownership, the watch was in their repair shop longer than on my wrist. How can a watch company with decades of cumulative horology data to pull from, not have the ability to get a date wheel working right? Seriously???

After being completely disgusted with the brand, the horrible customer service and a totally worthless warranty, I gave up and sold it. If Rolex could not fix it while it's under warranty, then imagine when it's out of warranty. No way am I getting stuck with that $4,000 unfixable watch.

I then went shopping again for new watch. I found a shop in NJ that sold Ball watches and they had a stunning GMT Hydrocarbon in the window. The moment I saw it, I knew this was the one. It blew the Tudor away from the bezel all the way down to the screws. Once you put this on, you will realize just how inferior the Tudor is. I will never buy a watch on celebrity endorsements ever again, for me it's about quality.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ballmix.JPG (90.2 KB, 138 views)
michaelodonnell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2020, 04:41 PM   #672
michaelodonnell123
Banned

Watch: Panerai 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredbyjae View Post
Purchased mine in 2020, Q serial. Never had an issue.
Yep, I heard that before...many times.
michaelodonnell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2020, 12:26 AM   #673
Maiden
"TRF" Member

Wow really disappointing Tudor cant get this fixed. If this was a Tag Heuer you would never hear the end of it.
Omega Geneve
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAY2112
Orient Ray 2
Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2020, 12:44 AM   #674
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmi View Post
Very valid point. Just to be precise, my AD guy said that my watch is part of latest batch and he is not "expecting" the problem to still happen after 1 year of watch release (may 2019) while tudor know about it since long time. I took all this with a grain of salt and was prepared that the issue may happen as I am not sure if the movement in my watch is truly an updated movement or not.

You are absolutely right that tudor should issue a statement about the problem and how they are handling it. Reality is that they are taking chances and some people get lucky and other suffer from multiple movement swaps until the issue is fixed, which tells me they don't really know the root cause of the problem and how to fix it 100%. Sad but seems logic to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.... sorry but I just love it when my AD days. Pure speculation and rumor on AD’s part. Some ad’s action like they have never even heard of the date wheel issue.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote