The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 June 2019, 02:06 AM   #91
RolyMoly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon2000 View Post
x2

He's the shitty douche lord that most people expect to be wearing said watches. And they would be right. Gives the rest a bad rep.

Sincerely,
a "Have."

And you would be exactly the type of person who would judge a stranger and call a person that you don’t know at all a “douche lord”. Who’s the real douche? You.
RolyMoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 02:07 AM   #92
Kyle3130
"TRF" Member

Watch: FXD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickettt View Post

Sincerely, a “Have.”
Quote:
x2

He's the shitty douche lord that most people expect to be wearing said watches. And they would be right. Gives the rest a bad rep.

Sincerely,
a "Have."
Agreed. Seriously, a t-shirt and no socks with a suit?
Typical d-bag!

Sincerely,
Have Not.
Old 27 June 2019, 02:10 AM   #93
fsprow
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
Criticism is a tooI the have-not’s use to make the have’s feel bad about what they’ve Earned.

Don’t wear Rolex if you don’t want attention, It will get it at some point. I love when people buy to buy an “under the radar” Rolex. Get a Timex or something.

Use your Rolex as a tool to filter out people who try to turn you into a have not too.

Them: “OMG, who needs a $35k watch?”

Me: “Apparently not you.” As I walk down the street with my hot chick in my $35k watch from my expensive dowtown condo to my super fast Audi that outruns their rusty Mustang

Btw: Here’s me smoking Davidoffs, drinking Matua with a hot gal in my rare RG black face DaytonaC on Oysterflex in a Hugo Boss suit, all of which, I worked my a$$ off for. Have-not’s, you all can be jealous and critical and lick my ...... scalp

Oh well, not all Rolex owners are humble.
fsprow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 02:15 AM   #94
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:

Sincerely, a “Have.”

I agree. Shame what the forum is turning into.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 02:18 AM   #95
BMW Guy
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD,Sub,YMII,SD43
You can ignore him or ask him if his boss has a Rolex ? If he says no you can say obviously you not working hard enough so he can't afford to buy one. If he says yes then your reply should be, good keep up the hard work so he can buy another Rolex in the near future.
BMW Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 02:27 AM   #96
Statuswan
"TRF" Member

Call me shallow, but I really like it when someone notices my rolex, or any of my watches. And I don't find it all that offensive if their immediate reaction is "you must be rich".... But I follow up with "I clip a lot of coupons"... Which is also true. And if they're willing, I proceed to talk their ears off about watches until they back away slowly

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Statuswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 02:34 AM   #97
Athlone27
"TRF" Member

Anyone feel awkward wearing your Rolex to work for the first time and dealing with comments about it from colleagues?
Athlone27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 02:35 AM   #98
Kyle3130
"TRF" Member

Watch: FXD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlone27 View Post
Anyone feel awkward wearing your Rolex to work for the first time and dealing with comments about it from colleagues?
Nope, I don’t wear it for them. BTW, welcome to the forum!
Old 27 June 2019, 02:39 AM   #99
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlone27 View Post
I don’t feel awkward, I just don’t feel like anyone asking for a raise based on what they think I earn.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 02:46 AM   #100
danny1305
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsprow View Post
Sadly, there are MANY like this. The type that think the things they own make them better than someone else...and fail to look at the grand scheme of things in which they are just a small timer
danny1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 03:01 AM   #101
TheDon2000
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And you would be exactly the type of person who would judge a stranger and call a person that you don’t know at all a “douche lord”. Who’s the real douche? You.
Your post spoke for itself and revealed all that apparently 4-5 TRF'ers needed to know. If I passed you walking down the street in your tailored suit and $40k Rolex, I'd think "Nice watch and clearly a fashion forward guy". I wouldn't say you're a douche lord right off the bat, not even close. I'm around people who wear custom suits and $50k watches all day (Wealth Management).

You are not one of those people. You have a suit, nice watches, and a thot on your arm. The way you spoke about them and carried yourself told your true heart which is a douche lord. Of course, it could be just internet confidence and in real life you curl up and die, but fume inside and insist you are a tough guy...Very possible as well.
Old 27 June 2019, 03:02 AM   #102
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post

I agree. Shame what the forum is turning into.
Agreed
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 03:10 AM   #103
RaceDoc11
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs
True!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsprow View Post
RaceDoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 03:55 AM   #104
kinggiamma
"TRF" Member

Again I do not care if anybody compliment in positive or negative way my watches : they are all earned goods that I bought with a honest job as a honest family guy. I know I am so fortunate to have this kind of possibility and I thank God for how lucky I have been, and pray for the vast million people in the world that have other problems than a compliment on a nice watch.

Inviato dal mio MI MAX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk
kinggiamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 04:21 AM   #105
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggiamma View Post
Again I do not care if anybody compliment in positive or negative way my watches : they are all earned goods that I bought with a honest job as a honest family guy. I know I am so fortunate to have this kind of possibility and I thank God for how lucky I have been, and pray for the vast million people in the world that have other problems than a compliment on a nice watch.

Inviato dal mio MI MAX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk
That’s right.
Old 27 June 2019, 04:38 AM   #106
SubMarin18
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
It’s a weird thing; my son has a friend (8 years-old) a few houses down and he always asks me what things we have cost. Cars, bikes, tools, toys, our artificial lawn. (Incidentally, he’s never asked about my watches). Why does a kid question the monetary value of, well, everything?
Right! Especially from a kid who’s not yours. My guess is his parents are talking about the neighbors and their possessions and the kids are picking up on that.
SubMarin18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 04:41 AM   #107
drtii
Banned

Watch: 216570 | 126660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timdogg6 View Post
I had a sales guy point out my rolex in a way that made me uncomfortable, essentially saying he wasn't getting paid enough, I told him that if he spent half of what he did on booze he would have 5 by now. He never mentioned it again.
LOL. Gotta love the jealous people that turn it around on their perceived miserable income and then completely fail to realize they spend the same amount of money on junk.

That dude's never gonna change so there's almost no point trying to explain it to him.
drtii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 04:46 AM   #108
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Most Rolex owners I personally know are not watch guys at all. They are collectors of luxury goods it seem.

The real watch guys I know never ask. Heck most them do not own Rolex's.

I have never had anyone ask about any Rolex I have owned. Now if I have a Seiko or G-shock on I do get questions.
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 04:47 AM   #109
Cooper33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Your post spoke for itself and revealed all that apparently 4-5 TRF'ers needed to know. If I passed you walking down the street in your tailored suit and $40k Rolex, I'd think "Nice watch and clearly a fashion forward guy". I wouldn't say you're a douche lord right off the bat, not even close. I'm around people who wear custom suits and $50k watches all day (Wealth Management).

You are not one of those people. You have a suit, nice watches, and a thot on your arm. The way you spoke about them and carried yourself told your true heart which is a douche lord. Of course, it could be just internet confidence and in real life you curl up and die, but fume inside and insist you are a tough guy...Very possible as well.
Was waiting for the perfect reply to send this:
Cooper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 04:50 AM   #110
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Quote:
Criticism is a tooI the have-not’s use to make the have’s feel bad about what they’ve Earned.

Don’t wear Rolex if you don’t want attention, It will get it at some point. I love when people buy to buy an “under the radar” Rolex. Get a Timex or something.

Use your Rolex as a tool to filter out people who try to turn you into a have not too.

Me: “Apparently not you.” As I walk down the street with my hot chick in my $35k watch from my expensive dowtown condo to my super fast Audi that outruns their rusty Mustang

Btw: Here’s me smoking Davidoffs, drinking Matua with a hot gal in my rare RG black face DaytonaC on Oysterflex in a Hugo Boss suit, all of which, I worked my a$$ off for. Have-not’s, you all can be jealous and critical and lick my ...... scalp

WTF??? Great story
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 04:50 AM   #111
LndLord
"TRF" Member

I dont think anyone ever noticed
LndLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 04:54 AM   #112
DoDe
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Either I read the wrong threads, or I really need a break from this forum
DoDe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 04:55 AM   #113
SeaAndSky
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 LN
The ugliest thread I've ever read here.
SeaAndSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 05:04 AM   #114
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaAndSky View Post
The ugliest thread I've ever read here.
Nah, just one post.
Old 27 June 2019, 05:38 AM   #115
Justingtr
"TRF" Member

Quote:

This guy. Lmao

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Justingtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 05:57 AM   #116
Rolex_Bob
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18k GMT Master II
I just tell them that at my age (57) if you worked hard, avoided bankruptcy and divorce, you are entitled to have a few nice things..... There is normally no reply!
Rolex_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 06:10 AM   #117
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
A stranger who gave us some pretty self incriminating evidence of douchebaggery.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
zengineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 06:12 AM   #118
Sick Mother
"TRF" Member

"Must be nice to being rich." I'd say "Ya, it sure beats being poor." (Let them wonder if you're actually "rich")...
Sick Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 06:12 AM   #119
seabreeze60
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor, Carl F. Buc
Tell them you’re an insurance salesmen.

That should end the conversation.
seabreeze60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 06:15 AM   #120
filsgreen
"TRF" Member

I'm going to Liverpool tomorrow to pick up my first Rolex, an OP 39, Rhodium dial. I'm buying it from Heywood Milton's shop, it's a year old and costs £3700.

I was talking to my wife about the price last night. I said that an average smoker who buys a packet a day, would have the means to buy my watch, in a year. It all depends what you spend your disposable income on and where your priorities lie.
filsgreen is offline   Reply With Quote