The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 June 2019, 10:33 PM   #1
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
JLC Polaris Blue

Was really excited to see this, might be a new addition to the collection. Beautiful blue, love the clean dial with three distinct areas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D3FD5B63-CC9E-48FA-9F6D-E2F11F9793E9-3.jpg (165.4 KB, 297 views)
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 11:30 PM   #2
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I really like this watch and it photographs very well. It wears much smaller than it appears and the resale is dismal but I could be an owner at the right price. I also like the Chronograph.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 11:32 PM   #3
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Thanks, love the watch do not care about resale

Looking for quality and functionality. Also enjoying small lighter pieces as I get older
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 26 June 2019, 12:48 AM   #4
mgsooner
"TRF" Member

I really like this one. If they made the date version in the smaller size it would be toward the top of my list of what to buy next.
mgsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 03:12 AM   #5
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
I've had a chance to try on the black dial and the chrono version at the boutique.. very nice watches and sits nicely on the wrist.
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 03:53 AM   #6
dnpina
Banned

Watch: 126610 LV
Gorgeous blue dial. I really like all the texture of the dial. Please post pictures if you pick it up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
dnpina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 04:19 AM   #7
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnpina View Post
Gorgeous blue dial. I really like all the texture of the dial. Please post pictures if you pick it up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Will do
Old 30 June 2019, 06:22 PM   #8
eonflux
"TRF" Member

That is a beautiful dial!!
eonflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2019, 08:21 PM   #9
bezler
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Was really excited to see this, might be a new addition to the collection. Beautiful blue, love the clean dial with three distinct areas.
I purchased this exact watch as an impulse buy - the beautiful blue dial hooked me, and I also wanted a simple three-hander. I have the bracelet and the strap.

At first, I had slight buyer's remorse, because I hadn't really planned the next steps for my collection. But that's all in the past. This has become my go-to watch, the one I grab without thinking. Everything else requires a conscious decision to make it to my wrist.

I think it's the combination of beauty, simplicity and extreme legibility (old eyes!) under any conditions that makes it a winner.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
Old 30 June 2019, 10:08 PM   #10
bigfatpauli
"TRF" Member

The JLC Polaris watches are amazing... On paper. In person, for me, for reminiscent of the IWC 3531: Nice movement, nice case, obviously cheap dial.

I just could not get past that in person.
bigfatpauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2019, 11:11 PM   #11
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezler View Post
I purchased this exact watch as an impulse buy - the beautiful blue dial hooked me, and I also wanted a simple three-hander. I have the bracelet and the strap.

At first, I had slight buyer's remorse, because I hadn't really planned the next steps for my collection. But that's all in the past. This has become my go-to watch, the one I grab without thinking. Everything else requires a conscious decision to make it to my wrist.

I think it's the combination of beauty, simplicity and extreme legibility (old eyes!) under any conditions that makes it a winner.

Thanks, completely agree, not sure what I will do
Old 1 July 2019, 08:02 AM   #12
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatpauli View Post
The JLC Polaris watches are amazing... On paper. In person, for me, for reminiscent of the IWC 3531: Nice movement, nice case, obviously cheap dial.

I just could not get past that in person.

I felt the same way- the grainy matte ring on the dial made it look cheap and plastic-like IMO. A bit Polaris-ing I guess

OP, if you love the dial then otherwise I think it’s a great watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2019, 08:46 AM   #13
bezler
"TRF" Member

It's interesting to hear the negative comments about the dial, because I really liked it - the three different blues and their textures really do play wonderfully with the light, the simple jlc trapazoid indices are eminently readable, and the lume is very good. I guess it's all about readability as you get older - I can casually glance at this watch anytime without glasses and see the time. That's unique among my half dozen quality watches.

Also, forgot to mention another point that turned it into my default choice - it's very comfortable on the wrist, even though it's my largest watch. It's not very thick, the bracelet is excellent, and the strap/deployant is very fine quality.

Old 1 July 2019, 04:47 PM   #14
Peterandwatches
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5167/15400/Sub/JLC
I picked up the blue Reverso. They do a mean blue for sure.
Peterandwatches is offline   Reply With Quote