The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12 August 2008, 06:30 PM   #1
DaveInLA
"TRF" Member

Removing a "fixed" link from Oyster bracelet

I have a small wrist, and while I'm able to wear the bracelet on my Explorer I if I remove all the links, the clamp isn't centered and it doesn't fit right. I've reversed the clamp/bracelet so that it opens from the opposite side for a better fit, but I want it to open from the appropriate side now. The only solution for this is to remove 1 fixed link from the 6:00 side of the bracelet. Yes, the last fixed link is still tapered, but it's so little that it won't be a big deal.

Anyway, one of the TRF legends posted a picture a while ago of a separated fixed (hollow) link. Does anybody else have experience with this? My watch is still warrantied; can I just walk into RSC (in Beverly Hills) and ask them to remove that link? Does anybody know if it can be put back in should I change my mind in the future without evidence of tampering? Thanks
DaveInLA is offline   Reply With Quote