The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2 December 2018, 03:06 PM   #31
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwjez14 View Post
So I bought a black stainless gmt from my AD. They kept calling me with about watches I figured go ahead and buy the gmt to get that relationship going to show him I am a guy that makes quick decisions and I am always available . Should I take a loss on my black gmt new in box to get a blnr ? Does the black and blue bezel really matter or am I just getting caught up in the high of having a rare watch right now ? I figure gmt can sale local 7500 ASAP. But then we all know the price of the blnr over retail. Guide me fellow members!!! What would you do ?

Kid, you need to get your priorities straight. First you offer a stranger 3K over retail and anger at the AD. Then you bot an LN for the wrong reasons. Now you are undecided on a BLNR. What is wrong with you man ?

Your Rolex wishy washy is going to end up costing you thousands. Buy what you LOVE, forget about anything else.
Old 2 December 2018, 03:11 PM   #32
AirborneSFC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
How about invest the money you would lose and go after another watch in the future? The LN is a great watch and Ineould wear it in good health.
Old 2 December 2018, 03:16 PM   #33
Chilly Coconut
Banned

Well, clearly you need to own the hottest, hardest to get Rolexes, so of course you need to use whatever means necessary, including taking a big loss on your LN in order to obtain the BLNR, the SubLVC, the GMT PepC, and the Daytona 500. Oh, and maybe the SkyD SS with blue dial.
Old 2 December 2018, 03:19 PM   #34
Jcy90
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT & SUB
What about the other side of the coin? Buy the BLNR flip & make few dollars
Old 2 December 2018, 03:56 PM   #35
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwjez14 View Post
So I bought a black stainless gmt from my AD. They kept calling me with about watches I figured go ahead and buy the gmt to get that relationship going to show him I am a guy that makes quick decisions and I am always available . Should I take a loss on my black gmt new in box to get a blnr ? Does the black and blue bezel really matter or am I just getting caught up in the high of having a rare watch right now ? I figure gmt can sale local 7500 ASAP. But then we all know the price of the blnr over retail. Guide me fellow members!!! What would you do ?
Quick decisions aren't favourable in the watch game. Most of us here spend an inordinate amount of time humming and ahhing. Enjoy the watch and forget the bit of blue you didn't get.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Old 2 December 2018, 04:14 PM   #36
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
Alf61 what is wrong with me is I really like to change watches just like I do cars. Believe it or not I run a very successful construction business. Take care of my wife and 3 kids. So I do not appreciate you telling me to get my priorities straight. If you don’t think it’s a good idea fine I respect that. Don’t try to act like my father. I have one of those and he is Avery good one
Old 2 December 2018, 04:17 PM   #37
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

If you read my post I said I was going to keep the watch and just wait until I get a call about the other one retail. To the other responded above I do not like the stainless sD. I think it is an ugly watch. Love the 2 tone black face which I have. I do not like Daytona’s either. My wife happens to like one
Old 2 December 2018, 04:20 PM   #38
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

What's after the Hulk?
Old 2 December 2018, 04:23 PM   #39
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

The last time I check indecisiveness is not a crime and does not mean I need my priorities straight. For a 39 year old my priorities are more than straight. I’m new to the forum I am learning. I even admitted in other post maybe that was a d bag move. So once again please do not tell me to get my priorities straight again. Maybe you need to get yours straight sir. I am new to being involved in the watch game. I enjoy Watches and have been collecting for a bit but not on any forums
Old 2 December 2018, 04:25 PM   #40
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

After the hulk nothing. Some rubber watch bands and that is it. Chill for a bit. Just enjoy and relax. Wait to see if anything cool comes out next year.
Old 2 December 2018, 05:19 PM   #41
Greenwich Mean Time
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
They are both great looking watches. I personally prefer the LN just a little more than I do the BLNR. My advice would be to get what makes you happy. If your happiness is worth the difference in cost, then I'd call it money well spent.
Old 2 December 2018, 05:24 PM   #42
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Do what makes you happy.
If you don’t, it’ll always niggle you.
Old 2 December 2018, 05:45 PM   #43
sutats
"TRF" Member

Icon7

Hi Danny, UK buyers will very willingly offer you above retail for a new unworn 116710LN or any other professional stainless steel model. Sell the watch over here and make a holiday out of it. It's a get what you can situation over here and in Europe. lol
Post Your Rolex/Tudor Watch Weight (PYRTWW)
Old 2 December 2018, 06:05 PM   #44
Terrakot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex LVc/BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutats View Post
Hi Danny, UK buyers will very willingly offer you above retail for a new unworn 116710LN or any other professional stainless steel model. Sell the watch over here and make a holiday out of it. It's a get what you can situation over here and in Europe. lol
UK buyers can try their luck in Tenerife. I put a deposit and got my BLNR one month later
Old 2 December 2018, 06:17 PM   #45
MJR1965
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Congratulations. That is a nice watch that you purchased. I really like the black GMT. I would wait awhile on the Batman. Life is good. Enjoy your new GMT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2 December 2018, 06:23 PM   #46
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
You have started 25 threads since you joined TRF about ten days ago, and asked moderators to close two or three of them after they didn't go your way. I suggest you slow down with the new threads.

Tags
116710ln , advice sought