The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 13 September 2018, 09:06 PM   #1
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

My AD said.....

Yeah, I know, I’m just passing this nugget along. Do with it as you see fit.

Anyway, he said their rep was in the store the other day and claims Rolex is about to launch a 3rd shift production, and the shortage is nothing more than exceeding demand. No sinister Rolex marketing strategy. He also (the rep) said he was visiting London and stopped by an AD that had 6 total watches in an 8ft
display.

My AD buddy also said for the first time in as long as he can remember they received an actual allocation list. Meaning, of the hard to get pieces, their Rolex rep provided them a list of what they will be allotted by the end of the year. He said Rolex US is now under a management change and the newly promoted realize the current climate is bad news for the ADs and they figure with the allocation list they can at least help the ADs know how to manage their customers.

Again, I know ADs say all kinds of stuff, this is worth exactly what you paid for it.

E-
Old 13 September 2018, 09:08 PM   #2
MonBK
Banned

I believe every word your AD said.
Old 13 September 2018, 09:15 PM   #3
Helmi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post

Anyway, he said their rep was in the store the other day and claims Rolex is about to launch a 3rd shift production, and the shortage is nothing more than exceeding demand. No sinister Rolex marketing strategy. He also (the rep) said he was visiting London and stopped by an AD that had 6 total watches in an 8ft
display.

My AD buddy also said for the first time in as long as he can remember they received an actual allocation list. Meaning, of the hard to get pieces, their Rolex rep provided them a list of what they will be allotted by the end of the year. He said Rolex US is now under a management change and the newly promoted realize the current climate is bad news for the ADs and they figure with the allocation list they can at least help the ADs know how to manage their customers.

Again, I know ADs say all kinds of stuff, this is worth exactly what you paid for it.

E-

I wish it is true.
Old 13 September 2018, 09:33 PM   #4
Kiddodoc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 15 and counting!
My AD reached out to me to let me know they were told they may not get anymore of the desired models till next year. They want to add another watch brand to make up for loss of business but they fear Rolex would nix it. Still waiting for ceramic Daytona and Pepsi. ��
Old 13 September 2018, 09:47 PM   #5
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Ok

Why does this matter?

How will this change anything?

Some really really bored AD's out there
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 13 September 2018, 09:56 PM   #6
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Ok

Why does this matter?

How will this change anything?

Some really really bored AD's out there
Have to agree.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 13 September 2018, 10:14 PM   #7
Yodel
Banned

My AD yesterday said that Rolex are cutting supply again next year - I’ve stoppped listening now but thought I’d add that just for what it’s worth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post

display.

E-
Old 13 September 2018, 10:18 PM   #8
FirstF80InSpace
"TRF" Member

I've heard two stories from two different AD's. One AD was telling me that don't expect anymore popular SS models for 2018. Hopefully it gets better in 2019.

My other AD told me that suddenly they are seeing more shipments of SS models. They used to get monthly shipments and now they get weekly shipments.

Confused yet?
Old 13 September 2018, 10:23 PM   #9
Brew
"TRF" Member

Is there an AD forum where they post, "You won't believe what I told a WIS today" threads?
Old 13 September 2018, 10:34 PM   #10
Vanmarsenille
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew View Post
Is there an AD forum where they post, "You won't believe what I told a WIS today" threads?
Closed Thread