The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 30 December 2020, 11:54 AM   #31
berchris
"TRF" Member

I own the previous version and absolutely love it. This iteration looks neat and I like the lollipop hand, but I am very surprised they’re going back to an aluminum bezel. I agree with the other posters, seems like a downgrade. Wish it was a 39mm too. Definitely will check it out at an AD when released.

Edit: is the 8912 a completely new movement? The previous has the 8400.
berchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2020, 04:17 PM   #32
Justindo
"TRF" Member

The current version of this watch is great...except for the fauxtina. Retaining it and moving backwards from a ceramic to an aluminum bezel make this a no go for me, which is a shame because I'm wanting to add a blue diver to my collection. I think I'll probably end up with a Tudor Black Bay 58.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2020, 04:29 PM   #33
woowoo
Banned

I was unable to get a Spectre new when it came out. Bought one used a couple years later. But this new watch looks like a winner. Love the lollipop, and fauxtina, and this style of bracelet and what appears to be not an overly thick watch (thickness def something omega needs to get better at). If this watch actually comes out it will probably get one, first omega I have liked in a while.
woowoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2020, 10:47 PM   #34
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Love it!! Blue would be the one for me. I like that the profile is slimmer too.

Personally I don’t get the ceramic vs aluminium arguments. Makes no odds to me. I actually like both but it wouldn’t be a deciding factor. Pretty much every watch I own has an aluminium bezel and I’ve never had a problem.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2020, 07:16 AM   #35
BradSomrak
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justindo View Post
The current version of this watch is great...except for the fauxtina. Retaining it and moving backwards from a ceramic to an aluminum bezel make this a no go for me, which is a shame because I'm wanting to add a blue diver to my collection. I think I'll probably end up with a Tudor Black Bay 58.
Completely agree. I understand the purpose of fauxtina for some pieces, but it is a real head scratcher as to why it is on so many pieces. I guess this is somewhat of a heritage piece, but come on, Omega. It would have been nice had the black had it, and the blue have normal white indexes.

So close.
BradSomrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2020, 12:06 PM   #36
wesleyvs
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Panerai & PP
What i don’t get with most brands that they always use details in new models wich were first specific for an limited edition or such.
Like now they use the lollipop hand from the spectre wich was one of the details that set it apart from the normal line up.
Apart of that this could be a very nice one in real !
wesleyvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2021, 04:10 AM   #37
Rochester585
"TRF" Member

the blue one is sexy, i really like it
Rochester585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2021, 12:46 AM   #38
Gilthoniel
"TRF" Member

My favourite Seamaster!

Bummer abt the bezel though
Gilthoniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2021, 04:44 AM   #39
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonDixon View Post
Aluminum bezel insert is quite a downgrade. I guess they wanted to go all in on the vintage theme.
I don’t think it’s a downgrade at all. Completely different look. More tool grade and a lot more like they were meant to look. Ceramic bezels are just too fussy and pretty IMO. Looking forward to seeing the blue in the metal
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2021, 05:21 AM   #40
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
These look cool in my book. I'm probably adding something to my small collection in a few months, and this one might make the short list
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2021, 05:51 AM   #41
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMarcus View Post
I don’t think it’s a downgrade at all. Completely different look. More tool grade and a lot more like they were meant to look. Ceramic bezels are just too fussy and pretty IMO. Looking forward to seeing the blue in the metal
This could well be an upgrade. Ceramic bezels have to be made thicker than their aluminium counterparts.

If Omega had to go aluminium to get a thinner profile then, hell, that’s an upgrade in my eyes.

Newer is not always better.
Old 20 January 2021, 01:29 AM   #42
berchris
"TRF" Member

Any idea of a release date?
Old 20 January 2021, 04:51 AM   #43
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Was never much of fan of this one, due to the polished bits and the thickness, but this one...looks about right. I agree with some of the others with the love for aluminum bezels. Open numbers are great.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 04:54 AM   #44
C0d
Banned

Watch: Dog
Corrected below.

Last edited by C0d; 20 January 2021 at 05:32 AM.. Reason: Wrong statement.
C0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 05:01 AM   #45
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I love my 2 Omegas but after buying the 300MC it was a no go on the fit, too high and uncomfortable for me. I had to sell it for a loss. It seemed ok trying it on at the boutique but after a few days it was a no go for me.. I'm glad I didn't buy it there..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 05:11 AM   #46
berchris
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0d View Post
I don't think you read above. There is no release date. Its for swiss military only. Limited to 50 pcs.
I am not sure what you are referring to, but there is no reference to this watch being a limited release anywhere in this thread. You certainly did not mention it in the OP, nor is it mentioned in the pictures.

Perhaps in the future you should refrain from commenting if you do not have anything constructive to say.
Old 20 January 2021, 05:21 AM   #47
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't think you read above. There is no release date. Its for swiss military only. Limited to 50 pcs.
Different watch. That one was the no date 300M diver. The one with the waves dials.

Anyways, I went to my local boutique here last weekend and he pulled out this very booklet and let me have a look.

The most interesting one is that they’re doing a bronze gold (I can’t recall the name) but it’s a new alloy with 375 gold.

The pictures of the steel watches look fantastic. I especially like the blue. He said he didn’t know about a release date.
Old 20 January 2021, 05:23 AM   #48
berchris
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpit View Post
Different watch. That one was the no date 300M diver. The one with the waves dials.

Anyways, I went to my local boutique here last weekend and he pulled out this very booklet and let me have a look.

The most interesting one is that they’re doing a bronze gold (I can’t recall the name) but it’s a new alloy with 375 gold.

The pictures of the steel watches look fantastic. I especially like the blue. He said he didn’t know about a release date.
Thank you! I am considering selling the previous iteration and picking this one up, if the watch is discernably thinner.
Old 20 January 2021, 05:30 AM   #49
C0d
Banned

Quote:

My bad sir, You are correct, I didn't read correctly. :D

Here is the video covering the leaks, please thumbsup the original poster of the video also:

https://youtu.be/cUfXxzgUNLk
Old 20 January 2021, 05:31 AM   #50
C0d
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by berchris View Post
I am not sure what you are referring to, but there is no reference to this watch being a limited release anywhere in this thread. You certainly did not mention it in the OP, nor is it mentioned in the pictures.

Perhaps in the future you should refrain from commenting if you do not have anything constructive to say.
Sorry I had read incorrectly. I had another thread with the rumoured iteration of SMP 300
Old 20 January 2021, 05:34 AM   #51
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:

Did you get a chance to flip through the rest of the book to see if there's any truth to the rumor for an updated Planet Ocean?
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 07:32 AM   #52
subbie16610
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster
I love it. I just hope its not 42mm, either 40mm or 41mm at the most.
subbie16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 08:06 AM   #53
C0d
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbie16610 View Post
I love it. I just hope its not 42mm, either 40mm or 41mm at the most.
It is 41 according to the leaked information.
Old 20 January 2021, 03:22 PM   #54
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Did you get a chance to flip through the rest of the book to see if there's any truth to the rumor for an updated Planet Ocean?
I was looking for the Planet Ocean for myself but it wasn't in there. Not in the copy I saw.

I've always loved the PO but just find the size / thickness of the current ones a bit too much.

Maybe next year though. I do find it very strange that Omega has released this book with updates that aren't yet released.
Old 20 January 2021, 03:23 PM   #55
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It is 41 according to the leaked information.
Yep 41mm was what I saw. It looks a little thinner and better profiled too.
Old 21 January 2021, 01:59 PM   #56
Greglaw
Banned

Love it!
Greglaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2021, 02:57 PM   #57
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
I was looking for the Planet Ocean for myself but it wasn't in there. Not in the copy I saw.

I've always loved the PO but just find the size / thickness of the current ones a bit too much.

Maybe next year though. I do find it very strange that Omega has released this book with updates that aren't yet released.
That's what I'm really waiting on. A PO with the dimensions of the first generation 2500 co-axial watch. The 8500 and 8800/8900 dimensions just doesn't work for me.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2021, 04:54 PM   #58
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That's what I'm really waiting on. A PO with the dimensions of the first generation 2500 co-axial watch. The 8500 and 8800/8900 dimensions just doesn't work for me.
You and me both my friend. That would be one epic release especially with a new movement. They can get rid of the sapphire caseback for all I care, but a modern 2500 would be amazing.
Old 21 January 2021, 06:20 PM   #59
alllexandru
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Quote:
You and me both my friend. That would be one epic release especially with a new movement. They can get rid of the sapphire caseback for all I care, but a modern 2500 would be amazing.
This +1
alllexandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2021, 05:05 AM   #60
crazycarlitos
"TRF" Member

I like it.
Not all of it.. but enough to consider trading mine for it. Lol

The fauxtina is not so bad.
Yes, it’s a “cheat” but who really cares. It looks great in person. And isn’t that how we want our watches to look when it ages anyways? Lol

Here is mine on the nato, which really elevates this watch imho.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B4B0D148-17A7-4C80-9BDB-035A98D63ADE.jpeg (191.2 KB, 119 views)

Tags
heritage , omega , seamaster , smp , smp 300