The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 January 2021, 05:47 AM   #1
HuskyGrad101
"TRF" Member

Icon20 How to Trade OP39 for OP41

Hello,

I was fortunate enough to purchase the blue dial OP39 last year before they were discontinued. It seems I did it at the right time, because secondary markets have used ones pricing at around 6500-7000. I would like to try and trade this in for the blue dial OP41 (+ or - money). I never loved the green indices, and with more lume/a little bigger for my bigger wrist, this seems like a good thing for me to pursue.

For anyone who has done something like this in the past, how did you do it? Should I contact the AD I bought the OP39 from? I looked into just selling my OP39 but a place like Bob's only offered me 5,000 for it.
HuskyGrad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 06:13 AM   #2
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyGrad101 View Post
Hello,

I was fortunate enough to purchase the blue dial OP39 last year before they were discontinued. It seems I did it at the right time, because secondary markets have used ones pricing at around 6500-7000. I would like to try and trade this in for the blue dial OP41 (+ or - money). I never loved the green indices, and with more lume/a little bigger for my bigger wrist, this seems like a good thing for me to pursue.

For anyone who has done something like this in the past, how did you do it? Should I contact the AD I bought the OP39 from? I looked into just selling my OP39 but a place like Bob's only offered me 5,000 for it.

Try DavidSW and Patrick OC here on the forum for a quote. Just email or text some pics showing condition. Trading toward something won't get you a better price typically. They want money on both sides of the deal.
Old 17 January 2021, 06:26 AM   #3
kiwi71
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyGrad101 View Post
Hello,

If you want to get the most out of it, and anywhere near $6500-7000, you’re better off selling it yourself and using the proceeds towards the new one. DSW very recently quoted me $5500 for a brand new, never worn OP39.
kiwi71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 06:39 AM   #4
winst
"TRF" Member

Have you considered keeping the OP39 and getting the dial changed by Rolex when you get it serviced to the full lumed black or white dial?
winst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 07:13 AM   #5
ndrs63
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winst View Post
Have you considered keeping the OP39 and getting the dial changed by Rolex when you get it serviced to the full lumed black or white dial?

Is that even possible? I have the black dial, but would me happy to change it to white in abt 5 years when servicing is due. And perhaps it will be an incentive for me to keep in, knowing it’s feasible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ndrs63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 07:19 AM   #6
winst
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrs63 View Post
Is that even possible? I have the black dial, but would me happy to change it to white in abt 5 years when servicing is due. And perhaps it will be an incentive for me to keep in, knowing it’s feasible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happens a lot on DJ’s. I believe if your watch is the same model number as the dial you want to change to was available on you can do it. I seem to remember you can’t do it for at least 3 years after that dial configuration having been made available first. Ring Rolex RSC and ask them.
winst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 12:04 PM   #7
leed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winst View Post
Happens a lot on DJ’s. I believe if your watch is the same model number as the dial you want to change to was available on you can do it. I seem to remember you can’t do it for at least 3 years after that dial configuration having been made available first. Ring Rolex RSC and ask them.
Question: so if a new dial is released, you have after wait 3 years to get that dial specifically if you wanted to change to that new dial?

The reason I am asking is because I have OP black but would like to change to white dial when I get it serviced, but I am not sure if I have to wait or something like that
leed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 06:38 AM   #8
HuskyGrad101
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Try DavidSW and Patrick OC here on the forum for a quote. Just email or text some pics showing condition. Trading toward something won't get you a better price typically. They want money on both sides of the deal.
Okay, I will contact them and see what they think!
HuskyGrad101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
op39 , op41 , trade