The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 20 September 2019, 03:48 AM   #1
BenjaminR
Banned

Help with identification 116610LN submariner!

Hello guys,

I am able to buy this beautifull 116610LN, I trust the seller but called a jeweler and they wont authenticate the watch so am asking you guys for some information. If you need any other pictures/photos pls ask and I will ask him if he can send anymore trough, up untill now he has been very mature and friendly to me!

Thanks in advance guys,

Benjamin
BenjaminR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 03:54 AM   #2
BenjaminR
Banned

Here is the warranty card to, thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-09-17 at 16.02.23 (1).jpeg (270.9 KB, 354 views)
File Type: jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-09-17 at 16.02.23.jpeg (274.9 KB, 360 views)
Old 20 September 2019, 04:20 AM   #3
Justingtr
"TRF" Member

Looks good to me

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Justingtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 04:36 AM   #4
diamond_tsar
Banned

Watch: 116520
Genuine in my opinion. Raffi is also a fantastic dealer surprised they will not authenticate it for you.
diamond_tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 04:50 AM   #5
BenjaminR
Banned

The watch is in the UK at the moment, im from Europe. I asked Goldsmiths in England they just wouldnt do it.
Benjamin

PS: Thanks so far for the replies! If you need anything else let me know I will ask the guy.
Old 20 September 2019, 06:33 AM   #6
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
looks genuine to me
no red flags
a
Old 20 September 2019, 06:36 AM   #7
herts9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
looks like the one i got on my wrist at current!
herts9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 06:52 AM   #8
BenjaminR
Banned

Thanks im recieving it this saturday most likely, could have it checked by a dealer here before paying the full amount.. Probably best thing to do as v good clones can’t be seen from the outside only or what are your views? I am def going to be more active here.. what an overwhelming reactions, thanks!
Benjamin
Old 20 September 2019, 10:56 AM   #9
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
Curious why you are asking of you trust the seller?
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 11:01 AM   #10
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Contact AD and ask if they sold the watch 7 weeks ago
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 12:26 PM   #11
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
Contact AD and ask if they sold the watch 7 weeks ago
thats savage

If you buy secondary you need to embrace the process and not rat out the buyer. People suggest that a lot, not for authentication but kind of a passive aggressive response to the watch being on the secondary market in the first place.

If you do it, do it and dont buy the watch. Cant have it both ways
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 04:32 PM   #12
chester1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750, 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
thats savage

If you buy secondary you need to embrace the process and not rat out the buyer. People suggest that a lot, not for authentication but kind of a passive aggressive response to the watch being on the secondary market in the first place.

If you do it, do it and dont buy the watch. Cant have it both ways
I call BS on this. I know the staff and owner of this AD and am frustrated at the lack of professional models in stock. I’ve been able to pick up both Rolex and Tudor Pepsi’s this year but have not been able to get a Sub. I also know that the AD does look after their customers, but take a dim view of flippers. If I were to flip my Pepsi now, I could forget about getting them to sell me another sports model (unless I sold due to financial emergency). It’s because of flipping like this that honest collectors miss out.

Of course that’s just my opinion.... and it oughta be yours.
chester1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2019, 12:35 AM   #13
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chester1 View Post
I call BS on this. I know the staff and owner of this AD and am frustrated at the lack of professional models in stock. I’ve been able to pick up both Rolex and Tudor Pepsi’s this year but have not been able to get a Sub. I also know that the AD does look after their customers, but take a dim view of flippers. If I were to flip my Pepsi now, I could forget about getting them to sell me another sports model (unless I sold due to financial emergency). It’s because of flipping like this that honest collectors miss out.

Of course that’s just my opinion.... and it oughta be yours.
if you dont like secondary dont buy secondary. Its hypocritical to buy the watch then rat out the buyer to the AD. A principled response would be to not buy the watch (if you disagree with it) and tell the AD.

I dont agree with flipping. I also dont agree with someone buying a flipped watch then telling the AD that is was flipped. Its absolutely playing both sides
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2019, 01:19 AM   #14
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Can we see the first few digits of the serial on the warranty card?

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2019, 01:25 AM   #15
Driftwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Help with identification 116610LN submariner!

Buy from an AD then you will be absolutely positive it’s a REAL Rolex and have the peace of mind that comes along with it.. you must have some doubt. But it’s your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2019, 02:10 AM   #16
PRSWILL
"TRF" Member

Mine came from Raffi- good place. I'd trust it.
PRSWILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2019, 02:12 AM   #17
snkrpwn
"TRF" Member

overall watch looks good. dont see anything wrong with it
snkrpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2019, 10:58 AM   #18
chester1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
if you dont like secondary dont buy secondary. Its hypocritical to buy the watch then rat out the buyer to the AD. A principled response would be to not buy the watch (if you disagree with it) and tell the AD.

I dont agree with flipping. I also dont agree with someone buying a flipped watch then telling the AD that is was flipped. Its absolutely playing both sides
Again, Total BS, especially in this case. I am All for RATTING out the SELLER!!!! He if anyone should know better. And with the information in this thread it is pretty easy for the AD to figure it out.

Why? He doesn’t have the balls to come clean with the AD and let them know. Yet, we see clearly the AD has been outed. This is negative advertising for the AD in this instance as it can be misinterpreted that they sell to flippers which is not the case. Rolex also will chastise the dealer in these cases. Currently in Canada, we enjoy getting the warranty card with the watches but this will only cause the AD’s to rethink their position. In NO CASES should a warranty card with the dealers name be displayed on this forum in this context in my opinion. This serves no purpose other than to ruin an AD’s day!

Also, the OP’s information that the watch and the transaction is in the UK is spurious at best.

Bottom line don’t F*** with my AD who is a trusted seller and friend that I have built a relationship with over the past 5+ years.

If you buy a Rolex to flip, which is clearly the case here, any future purchase to said individual should be, to paraphrase Seinfeld, “NO WATCH FOR YOU!”

And for the record, the AD here is probably the best AD I have dealt with on Rolex, Omega, Hamilton, Tag, Tudor, etc. They have invested heavily in the products they represent, have knowledgeable staff second to no one, and facilities that put others to shame. A must see if you’re in the area.

Of course all of this is just my opinion and your mileage may vary.
Old 21 September 2019, 11:01 AM   #19
chester1
"TRF" Member

And BTW. Assuming the watch has the same serial number as that depicted in the OP’s photo’s, it is in all likelihood genuine as far as the visible components are concerned.