The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 31 March 2020, 01:11 PM   #151
Cloudchaser
"TRF" Member

Watch: Watching
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutelyROLEX! View Post
Ok guy, just to clarify
I worded my offer in a “just out of interest” way
I was just testing the waters to see where things are at, and reporting my findings for your information....
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=730770
Old 31 March 2020, 01:17 PM   #152
FrontHeadlock
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subdownunder View Post
and the USA which has more poor destitute people and an inferior health system to Europe is only a couple of weeks away from the tsunami that hit better prepared European countries.
Quote:
Are you saying the US has an integrated well supplied health system that offers high quality care to everyone at risk including the homeless and destitute? (like Germany, UK or France).
That the US does not have a significant problem with poverty and homelessness that could become significant pockets of infection and contagiosity?
Who says travel is down at the moment?? I mean, just look at those goalposts fly!
Old 31 March 2020, 01:23 PM   #153
CashGap
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Are you saying the US has an integrated well supplied health system that offers high quality care to everyone at risk including the homeless and destitute? (like Germany, UK or France).
That the US does not have a significant problem with poverty and homelessness that could become significant pockets of infection and contagiosity? (think Los Angeles, SF or Seattle?) or that the US is not fast becoming the epicentre of the SAR-Covid-19 with exponential infections and a mortality rate conservatively estimated to reach over 200,000?

While I can understand that you my feel my post is an attack on the US and come to its defence, facts are facts. This is not a micro issue, buyer psychology will change to frugality after this and luxury goods like watches will take a big hit as the debt levels of individuals, businesses and the state are exposed and paper wealth destroyed. when financial survival is the new norm a watch is going to be the least of our desires.
I often see first hand that the penniless in the US are offered world class healthcare. Yes, we neglect and allow our addicted and mentally ill to roam the streets to become the more marketable "Homeless", but that's just something idiotic we started in the sixties.

We do also suffer from being the leader in truthfully reporting our COVID-19 status. A little buff and fluff on the numbers, so common throughout the rest of the world, would make us look much better. But still... our stats are mid-pack or better.

The 200,000 was the "Doom and gloom, perfect storm, if everything goes poorly" number quickly adopted and propagated at the "minimum" by those desperately hoping for economic turmoil to rescue their hopeless political cause.

In any event. The world will beat this Chinese threat. And the eventual solutions won't be printed on A4 paper.
Old 31 March 2020, 01:24 PM   #154
Morrison0
Banned

Watch: 116500 BLRO SubLB
Prices will fall, any SS at MSRP per me will be OK, not a haircut...and hopefully collecting will get back to what it should ideally be!! Collect, keep, pass it to to your near and dear one’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 31 March 2020, 01:24 PM   #155
CashGap
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontHeadlock View Post
Who says travel is down at the moment?? I mean, just look at those goalposts fly!

Typical.
Old 31 March 2020, 01:35 PM   #156
CAMP
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashGap View Post
I often see first hand that the penniless in the US are offered world class healthcare. Yes, we neglect and allow our addicted and mentally ill to roam the streets to become the more marketable "Homeless", but that's just something idiotic we started in the sixties.

We do also suffer from being the leader in truthfully reporting our COVID-19 status. A little buff and fluff on the numbers, so common throughout the rest of the world, would make us look much better. But still... our stats are mid-pack or better.

The 200,000 was the "Doom and gloom, perfect storm, if everything goes poorly" number quickly adopted and propagated at the "minimum" by those desperately hoping for economic turmoil to rescue their hopeless political cause.

In any event. The world will beat this Chinese threat. And the eventual solutions won't be printed on A4 paper.
Gross
Old 31 March 2020, 06:46 PM   #157
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutelyROLEX! View Post
Ok guy, just to clarify
I worded my offer in a “just out of interest” way
I was just testing the waters to see where things are at, and reporting my findings for your information....
So you wasted him time and trolled TRF