The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 September 2020, 04:58 AM   #31
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
A girl i like at mayors boca contacted me saying rolex opened up allocation for green dial gold daytona, and id have it pretty quickly ... been months now and nothing

same sh*t as always unfortunately
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 07:21 AM   #32
LoomLoom
"TRF" Member

I put a deposit down with Mayors on 2 OP 41's and was told the same thing, that the new OP's were being allocated by Rolex for an unknown amount of time. Was told it would be here in 12-26 weeks. Was told if the order was in before Rolex stopped the program then my order would be locked in. Salesperson claimed this info was provided to them directly by their Rolex rep during a training held for sales staff the week the new lines launched.

I had shopped there several times before and am on a 'list' for another watch and have never been asked to place a deposit before now FWIW.
LoomLoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 07:28 AM   #33
DESH
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the numbers..
If y'all don't want to wait, I am sure AD will give you your deposit back.

If you don't like the wait time- don't buy the watch or give a deposit.
Old 21 September 2020, 07:48 AM   #34
stidr
"TRF" Member

Mayors in Orlando has treated me pretty well. Bought four watches so far from them. Subdate, dj41 blue/jubilee, chnr two tone and ss black skyd. I has to put down 20% for each watch. Got the call to pick up 2-3 months for each watch. Got 20% down for rose gold/green face dd. Hopefully to get call soon.
stidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 12:15 PM   #35
Sterling991
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
Maybe Mayors fire the sales person .....
I need to ask.

What’s the point of making this comment?

The sales person wants to complete the sale. It’s not his fault, I never implied it was his fault.

Why would you post your comment?

Explain it to the the rest of us.
Sterling991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 01:20 PM   #36
DESH
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the numbers..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling991 View Post
I need to ask.

The sales person wants to complete the sale. It’s not his fault, I never implied it was his fault.

OP- perhaps you should have visited or made an appointment to visit with your SA instead of posting about it.

Good luck OP
Old 21 September 2020, 02:47 PM   #37
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Personally I do not do deposits.

But if you think they are actually trying to deal with you, why not give them the chance.

After 14 weeks, though, you may want the refund if they then give you another story.

No one can predict the future . . .

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 12:51 AM   #38
Sterling991
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_DESH View Post
OP- perhaps you should have visited or made an appointment to visit with your SA instead of posting about it.

Good luck OP

So this is a forum right? People come here to talk about their passion for Rolex Watches, inform others?

This was an experience I had, seems pretty relevant to me.

What do I need to "visit or make an appointment" about?

Your post is disjointed. Please explain it to me.
Old 22 September 2020, 02:34 AM   #39
SlideRacker
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN Black
The good news is that with interest rates near zero it’s not all that bad a crap shoot. But, OTOH, I do not believe in interest free loans. Neither does my friendly neighborhood Loan Shark.
SlideRacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 02:49 AM   #40
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
I need to ask.

Quote:
So this is a forum right? People come here to talk about their passion for Rolex Watches, inform others?

This was an experience I had, seems pretty relevant to me.

What do I need to "visit or make an appointment" about?

Your post is disjointed. Please explain it to me.
Seems you need a lot explained and perhaps it's where the original problem arises from....apparently the AD didn't explain things adequately to your needs.
This is a forum, but as you can see by the responses, it's not the best to place to air your laundry and expect that everything will be explained to your needs.
Either get your money back or wait the allotted time. Rolex sends the watches not the AD, they get them when they get them.
Also, the sales person that helped you may not be in tune with the hierarchy of customers in the store, once your name went to the manager, your name was slotted accordingly. Now any further explaining I cant do.

It's not honestly that long of a wait, another month and half I think, it'll fly by, I'd just sit it out. Good luck.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 06:41 AM   #41
jsnockie
"TRF" Member

Why is discussing the almost universally maddening "allocation" of Rolex watches from AD's "air[ing] laundry?".

The OP's post was important information for people who are looking to buy the new ENTRY level Rolex. His experience from the AD was lousy. Why do you feel the need to make excuses and talk about "hierarchy"?
jsnockie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 08:27 AM   #42
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnockie View Post
Why is discussing the almost universally maddening "allocation" of Rolex watches from AD's "air[ing] laundry?".

The OP's post was important information for people who are looking to buy the new ENTRY level Rolex. His experience from the AD was lousy. Why do you feel the need to make excuses and talk about "hierarchy"?
I'm not sure what you think airing dirty laundry means but here's what miriam-webdster says(link below):

Definition of air one's dirty laundry
: make one's problems known
Let's not air our dirty laundry in public.

So with that out of the way, if you don't feel this is what he did regardless of the topic, that's for you to worry about. We come here for a variety of reasons and one is to vent or air your laundry if you will, the results of such "airing" may not be what you wanted.
As for me making excuses about hierarchies, you must be new to buying Rolex watches if you think this is something that doesn't exist or worse, that I made up. Buying in the current climate from an AD has absolutely a hierarchy of customers, which manifests itself in the form of lists and who's a real vvip with the manager/owner. I mentioned that as a possibility of what may have occurred I'll leave it at that.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...irty%20laundry
Old 22 September 2020, 08:51 AM   #43
Sterling991
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
I'm not sure what you think airing dirty laundry means but here's what miriam-webdster says(link below):

Definition of air one's dirty laundry
: make one's problems known
Let's not air our dirty laundry in public.

So with that out of the way, if you don't feel this is what he did regardless of the topic, that's for you to worry about. We come here for a variety of reasons and one is to vent or air your laundry if you will, the results of such "airing" may not be what you wanted.
As for me making excuses about hierarchies, you must be new to buying Rolex watches if you think this is something that doesn't exist or worse, that I made up. Buying in the current climate from an AD has absolutely a hierarchy of customers, which manifests itself in the form of lists and who's a real vvip with the manager/owner. I mentioned that as a possibility of what may have occurred I'll leave it at that.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...irty%20laundry
Wow.

What I’ve “understand” is that reading comprehension is not a strong suit for you.

1. I never once said it was the salespersons fault. However, he told me 30/60 days not 15 WEEKS. That’s 4 months, not sure how you calculate days.

2. If my “problems” constitute waiting for a Rolex. I have far bigger ones. My post was meant as a report of what’s happening at a certain AD. Not so major life issue.

if another member was met with the same circumstances, I would want them armed with the knowledge of said experience so they could act accordingly. You know, that whole exchange of ideas thing?

In addition, I well understand how the ADs work. Im not asking to purchase a stainless steel Daytona. This is an entry level, albeit new model, which I put a deposit on, thinking the process would not be as contentious. So much for that.

That being said the same watch can be had on crono right now for about 8k. I guess someone was higher up on a list then me.
Old 22 September 2020, 09:31 AM   #44
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow.

What I’ve “understand” is that reading comprehension is not a strong suit for you.

1. I never once said it was the salespersons fault. However, he told me 30/60 days not 15 WEEKS. That’s 4 months, not sure how you calculate days.

2. If my “problems” constitute waiting for a Rolex. I have far bigger ones. My post was meant as a report of what’s happening at a certain AD. Not so major life issue.

if another member was met with the same circumstances, I would want them armed with the knowledge of said experience so they could act accordingly. You know, that whole exchange of ideas thing?

In addition, I well understand how the ADs work. Im not asking to purchase a stainless steel Daytona. This is an entry level, albeit new model, which I put a deposit on, thinking the process would not be as contentious. So much for that.

That being said the same watch can be had on crono right now for about 8k. I guess someone was higher up on a list then me.
To be clear, I didn't say it was the sales person's fault but I was just mentioning that because you said in the original post "talked to the sales guy"....so I was just offering a possible explanation as to why you got one time frame then adjusted to another. I calculate days just fine, three and half months is fourteen weeks...I did say "I think", one measly week off isn't dramatic in this context, so let's stop at the reading comprehension attacks.

And honestly, you're nitpicking everything everyone says and then you attack and demand explanations when you receive a response you don't like. Just get your money back.

And I seriously doubt we are talking about the same watch if you claim you can buy a Sub 126610LV for 8k on "crono" which I'm not sure what that place even is, which then this whole thread makes zero sense if you can buy the watch you want for under retail.
Old 22 September 2020, 04:08 PM   #45
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
To be clear, I didn't say it was the sales person's fault but I was just mentioning that because you said in the original post "talked to the sales guy"....so I was just offering a possible explanation as to why you got one time frame then adjusted to another. I calculate days just fine, three and half months is fourteen weeks...I did say "I think", one measly week off isn't dramatic in this context, so let's stop at the reading comprehension attacks.

And honestly, you're nitpicking everything everyone says and then you attack and demand explanations when you receive a response you don't like. Just get your money back.

And I seriously doubt we are talking about the same watch if you claim you can buy a Sub 126610LV for 8k on "crono" which I'm not sure what that place even is, which then this whole thread makes zero sense if you can buy the watch you want for under retail.

No... you guys aren’t talking about the same watch.
330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 05:15 PM   #46
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Stopped into mayors jewelers in boca. Wanted to see the Cellini Moon Phase (which is awesome).

Talked to the sales guy. Tells me that the new Green 41 can be had in 30/60 days. “No kiddin!” Says the idiot (me).

I plunked down my deposit walked out grinnin ear to ear. Look at me! Buyin from an AD, brand new.

Sigh.

Spoke to him today. Now, 15 week minimum.... LOL.

The entire thing is ridiculous. Really.
Are SA’s on commission?

If so, then it’s in their interest to lock in a sale.

I would guess that they have no real idea if a particular Rolex will be available In a certain time frame.
Only the big guy knows.

But they guess that you will wait?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2020, 01:36 AM   #47
ethach11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Stopped into mayors jewelers in boca. Wanted to see the Cellini Moon Phase (which is awesome).

Talked to the sales guy. Tells me that the new Green 41 can be had in 30/60 days. “No kiddin!” Says the idiot (me).

I plunked down my deposit walked out grinnin ear to ear. Look at me! Buyin from an AD, brand new.

Sigh.

Spoke to him today. Now, 15 week minimum.... LOL.

The entire thing is ridiculous. Really.

Whoa small world, Just established a relationship with the Boca Mayors! Nice to see locals on the forums!

Anyways, from what I got from chatting with my sales rep, their store hasn't really gotten much from the new collection. Hopefully the 15 weeks is wrong and it comes in sooner. If anything just grab the deposit back
ethach11 is offline   Reply With Quote