The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 18 September 2020, 03:13 AM   #31
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Just put my deposit down.
Very refreshing convo with the Boutique manager. Very transparent and a real pleasure to talk to.
What he mentioned he heard is exhibition caseback with some sort of Snoopy motif on back, on a strap (likely blue-ish) and steel without gold. Who knows. Regardless I’m excited!
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 05:26 AM   #32
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Capt. View Post
Is the deposit refundable??

T
Yes
Phooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 05:30 AM   #33
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
I sure would like to see a picture of it before I lend them several thousand dollars for an unknown period of time.
They are announcing on 10/5. You’re lending them ~20 days worth of time. Are you really making that much money in that time? If so, I’d like to know what you’re into.
Old 18 September 2020, 08:45 AM   #34
Speedfreek28
"TRF" Member

Woohoo! Deposit made here guys. Let’s just hope they make a decent amount so that we all can get in on the snoopy action
Speedfreek28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 12:19 PM   #35
Texex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
Put my deposit down at a Boutique today. I'm 30th on the list. Any chance I'll actually get one, what do you guys think?
Old 18 September 2020, 12:22 PM   #36
Speedfreek28
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texex View Post
Put my deposit down at a Boutique today. I'm 30th on the list. Any chance I'll actually get one, what do you guys think?
After making my deposit, I asked my OB, for reference, if those who put down a deposit for the Apollo 11 got it and they said yes. So if omega makes a similar number as the Apollo 11 hopefully those who put a deposit would be good. To me, why would omega be saying it’s cool to take all these deposits if they can’t guarantee or at least provide for “most” of those who made deposits.
Speedfreek28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 02:32 PM   #37
Phooi
"TRF" Member

So I was told that the OB will continue taking deposits until they are told to stop. Sounds like omega is making a ton of them.
Old 18 September 2020, 05:31 PM   #38
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
I put my deposit down at the boutique and was told it would be 5000 watches made. They told me I’m 29 on their list. I asked would they even get allocated enough for me to get a watch and the answer was yes. We’ll see how everything shakes out.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 08:28 PM   #39
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

I didn’t specifically ask if my deposit guarantees I’ll get one. Maybe I should have. I was told “arrivals around January 2021 and that’s when we will start calling people.” I didn’t even ask what position I was on the list.

My email and phone interaction worth the boutique manager was so awesome that i genuinely trust him. If it turns out I don’t get the watch for some reason, I won’t be devastated, will concentrate my efforts elsewhere.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 10:03 PM   #40
WatchThinker
"TRF" Member

OK - Somebody tell me how this works. I’ve bought several speedmasters over my life, but any AD relationship I have is from groups that sell Rolex and not Omega. Can I just call an Omega AD and put down the $? OR is this more of a thing like the Rolexes?

I missed out on the last snoopy speedy and I’ve always regretted it.

Appreciate any advice......
WatchThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 11:19 PM   #41
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchThinker View Post
OK - Somebody tell me how this works. I’ve bought several speedmasters over my life, but any AD relationship I have is from groups that sell Rolex and not Omega. Can I just call an Omega AD and put down the $? OR is this more of a thing like the Rolexes?

If you’re in thenUS, I’d say call up the closest boutique and express that you would like to put down a deposit. From the looks of it, AD’s aren’t going to be getting many allocations so the OB is a better bet.

If you’re in the UK, you’ll have to wait. People are saying in the omegaforums that the UK isn’t taking deposits right now.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 03:18 AM   #42
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Heard back from my AD today. They said they "haven't heard anything" and that they are not taking deposits or names even. She said they have never had a Snoopy in their store. So sure sounds like boutiques are going to be the only place to get this watch, at least initially.
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 05:12 AM   #43
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Heard back from my AD today. They said they "haven't heard anything" and that they are not taking deposits or names even. She said they have never had a Snoopy in their store. So sure sounds like boutiques are going to be the only place to get this watch, at least initially.
Ditto.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 05:20 AM   #44
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Just got on the list. Limited production. After the first watches will be delivered to the people on the list, production and release rate will slow down.
They completely shifted their business model.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 06:15 AM   #45
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Is this really going to be good or? Sounds so silly dropping money sight unseen.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 06:25 AM   #46
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
Is this really going to be good or? Sounds so silly dropping money sight unseen.
I guess nobody knows.
Personally I like better the limited production rather that millions of limited editions that go unsold.
They are expecting a pretty long waiting list, especially after they place the first pieces. It their mind it will be a steel piece, priced below 10k, with an high market value given by the rate of production and demand.
It’s a bet...
Old 19 September 2020, 10:22 AM   #47
stidr
"TRF" Member

$5000 deposit placed just now. Called up my OB and spoke to the store manager. Super nice guy. I found out about it from a email he sent me on the watch.
stidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 02:21 PM   #48
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I can only respond for the US experience. You should call your nearest Omega Boutique and not an AD.

I was told on Weds that they were taking deposits for now but do not know when they will stop. So if you’re interested and have the funds, you can float Omega money for 20’ish days.

Deposits will range between $5-7k. The deposit is fully refundable and guarantees you a spot on the waiting list. On 10/5, Omega is suppose to release the watch. You can decide at that point whether you want to continue to hold your spot.

Hope this helps.
Old 19 September 2020, 02:25 PM   #49
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringhio View Post
I guess nobody knows.
Personally I like better the limited production rather that millions of limited editions that go unsold.
They are expecting a pretty long waiting list, especially after they place the first pieces. It their mind it will be a steel piece, priced below 10k, with an high market value given by the rate of production and demand.
It’s a bet...
Omega has been looking for their halo pieces a la Daytona, RO, Nautilus. They are hoping that the 321 and the Snoopy will provide that for them. I guess we will eventually find out if the strategy will pay off.
Old 19 September 2020, 02:34 PM   #50
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post

It’s a refundable deposit, so no big deal.

Seems like everyone that is putting down deposit will be getting a watch, at least eventually.

This seems better than Rolex - no relationship, no waitlist, no watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 11:38 PM   #51
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
It’s a refundable deposit, so no big deal.

Seems like everyone that is putting down deposit will be getting a watch, at least eventually.

This seems better than Rolex - no relationship, no waitlist, no watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily better than Rolex.
Yes if you are on the initial wait list you will get a watch in 2021, ideally in the range of 5-6 months.
For hot references they will not limit the amount of people that can get on a list, at the beginning, but the waiting time will start growing.
Up to one point when they will reduce the production.
At that point you will have people dropping from the waiting list because the waiting time and people trying to get it.
With the OB that will deliver watches first to “clients with history”.
I got the call for the list 24 hours after it was officially opened, they secured clients with a stronger relation before me.
This IS the Rolex model.
They are going full force for it, creating a reference that is very challenging to get.
Old 20 September 2020, 05:40 AM   #52
WatchThinker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phooi View Post
I can only respond for the US experience. You should call your nearest Omega Boutique and not an AD.

I was told on Weds that they were taking deposits for now but do not know when they will stop. So if you’re interested and have the funds, you can float Omega money for 20’ish days.

Deposits will range between $5-7k. The deposit is fully refundable and guarantees you a spot on the waiting list. On 10/5, Omega is suppose to release the watch. You can decide at that point whether you want to continue to hold your spot.

Hope this helps.
This is super helpful - Thanks!!
Old 20 September 2020, 05:49 AM   #53
Schnaps
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller 126600
Spoken to my AD and confirmed that OB gets the watch first and AD Q1 2021.
Schnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 06:13 AM   #54
WatchThinker
"TRF" Member

Another NOOB question - is there a list of boutiques? Aside from Manhattan - where are they? Use the hunt and peck Omega website is painful? Will an out of state boutique take a deposit?
Old 20 September 2020, 06:15 AM   #55
sfbatman007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Another NOOB question - is there a list of boutiques? Aside from Manhattan - where are they? Use the hunt and peck Omega website is painful? Will an out of state boutique take a deposit?
I'm told there is no list. You either have an existing history with Omega Boutique or you don't. Only people with buying history will be given an allocation.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
sfbatman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 07:00 AM   #56
WatchThinker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbatman007 View Post
I'm told there is no list. You either have an existing history with Omega Boutique or you don't. Only people with buying history will be given an allocation.

[DELETED ]

Never mind - I found the listing of the boutiques. None are really places I'd want to go in person. Anyone know if they'd ship the watch?
Old 20 September 2020, 08:31 AM   #57
alex.cicollo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few
Do you guys know the situation in the UK? I’ll call the AD tomorrow afternoon to enquire.
alex.cicollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 11:33 AM   #58
Texex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
Called my local OB in Feb and asked about the watch. They told me they would reach out to me when they opened the wait list. My SA at the OB emailed me this Wednesday and said that the list had been open sense last Saturday and she didn't reach out to let me know because she was out of town. I was a bit annoyed but what can I do. She emailed me my receipt for the 5K deposit and told me I was #30. I called in again today (Saturday 9/19) to see if the manager know anymore info. I asked what number they were at and he said #35. I thought this was odd as the number had only grown by 5. He said that I had moved up to #22 due to purchase history. My only history was buying Seamaster 300 in 2010 from a OB that has now become a Tourbillion Boutique. Crazy that that bumped me up and I have never even visited that OB but I didn't bring that up obviously. He also said that they ave several VIPs who get put on the list without even having to ask. Anyway, the manager told me he expects 800 or so to get to the US OBs (didn't know about ADs). He said there are 28 OBs so an average of 28 per location but the larger ones would get a bigger share. Beyond that he knew nothing that's not in the rumor mill. Anybody else know what number they are in line?

One more interesting thing, the manager said he got 3 of his VIPs the previous Snoopy Apollo 13 (that trades around 30-40K) in late 2018 two years after it was sold out. Apparently Omega had a few sitting around that did not sell in other parts of the world. Can you imagine you Rolex AD calling you at the end of next year and telling you he as a new old stock Hulk for you at retail. Add to that this this "Hulk" was only sold for 10 months before being sold out. Thought that was cool.
Old 20 September 2020, 12:03 PM   #59
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
[DELETED ]

Never mind - I found the listing of the boutiques. None are really places I'd want to go in person. Anyone know if they'd ship the watch?
Your best bet is to just call one and ask. If you’re worried, pick one where you will definitely not visit. In general, Omega boutiques will ship watches since they are not located everywhere.
Old 20 September 2020, 12:06 PM   #60
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbatman007 View Post

A friend of mine with no purchase history was able to put a deposit down on the watch. He was not able to put his deposit before me but he’s in.