The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 August 2020, 12:13 PM   #1
Dr_Rolexington
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Chrono24

Does chrono24 verify the authenticity of the sellers who sell parts?

I’ve been looking for a certain dial for a while and just happened to check on chrono and BOOM found a seller from China whos selling the bezel, dial and hands! All at a super duper buy it now price I honestly and sketchy because the sell has NO paper work he just said all his parts are “100% original” um ok sure I asked if he had papers and he said no but instead sent me a picture of everything he has he has tons of dials and parts all “brand new” looking sooooo unless this guy robbed a Rolex factory or works at the factory there is no way in hell he has that many

The dial I’ve been looking for is a green Lv sub dial and this guy has like 7 of them complete with bezel and hands all included in the price I thought I was dreaming. I’ve seen like one bezel for an LV here and that’s it but this guy has 7 of them? Ohh and they come in a plastic baggy straight from Rolex factory right?

I’m going to be contacting customer service to ask more questions but what do you guys think?

I’ll refrain from posting link unless someone wants to check it out

I’ll post the pictures and ok just look, this is supposed to be authentic? Genuine Rolex parts from China?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5C60B48E-1599-4B4B-83D2-3D2FA2AB2235.jpeg (216.4 KB, 435 views)
Dr_Rolexington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 12:16 PM   #2
Seddyspaghetti
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
No, they don’t.
Seddyspaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 12:23 PM   #3
Dr_Rolexington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seddyspaghetti View Post
No, they don’t.
The seller is most likely full of sh*t huh
Old 18 August 2020, 12:27 PM   #4
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
sketchy.
Old 18 August 2020, 12:31 PM   #5
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

Buy the seller! I personally would not do it, however Chrono provides buyer protection by putting the sale price in escrow that only gets released after you receive your item and release the escrow
Again I wouldn’t do it but if you want, you can get it, check it’s authenticity at your local AD and if all checks ok you release the money, if not, you get your money back
Old 18 August 2020, 12:37 PM   #6
Dr_Rolexington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorA View Post
Buy the seller! I personally would not do it, however Chrono provides buyer protection by putting the sale price in escrow that only gets released after you receive your item and release the escrow
Again I wouldn’t do it but if you want, you can get it, check it’s authenticity at your local AD and if all checks ok you release the money, if not, you get your money back
Would they be able to authenticate a bezel, dial and hands? I’ve taken a bracelet once to my local AD and they literally had no clue what to do...kinda scared me a bit these were “sales professionals”
Old 18 August 2020, 01:54 PM   #7
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Rolexington View Post
Would they be able to authenticate a bezel, dial and hands? I’ve taken a bracelet once to my local AD and they literally had no clue what to do...kinda scared me a bit these were “sales professionals”
They should be able to tell if a dial and bezel are authentic or not but if they tell you they won’t be able to or you have doubts, as i mentioned before, buy the seller first!
I personally would wait or pay the extra $$ for the peace of mind!
Old 18 August 2020, 01:57 PM   #8
Lamontre
"TRF" Member

it is fake 100%
Lamontre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 02:44 PM   #9
Dr_Rolexington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorA View Post
They should be able to tell if a dial and bezel are authentic or not but if they tell you they won’t be able to or you have doubts, as i mentioned before, buy the seller first!
I personally would wait or pay the extra $$ for the peace of mind!
This a**hole is charging $5,000 for it that cannot be left alone I will personally get this piece of *shit removed and there’s so many people buying from this guy
Old 18 August 2020, 03:37 PM   #10
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This a**hole is charging $5,000 for it that cannot be left alone I will personally get this piece of *shit removed and there’s so many people buying from this guy
It took this thread for you to realise
Wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 04:08 PM   #11
Dr_Rolexington
"TRF" Member

Sucks man why can’t people just be honest this guy has probably ripped off so many idiots who don’t even bother to check the parts
Old 18 August 2020, 04:13 PM   #12
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Tried to buy once from 24, learned my lesson and never again. Sorry if those are fake.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 04:15 PM   #13
jimcarver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hold on, so you were willing to pay $5,000 if they were real?
jimcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 04:18 PM   #14
Rollied
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Tried to buy once from 24, learned my lesson and never again. Sorry if those are fake.
Worse now with the new 7.5% fee for US buyers. I wonder how their numbers will look come next quarter.
Rollied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 07:06 PM   #15
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
they dont check them. they advertise Buyer's protection and Authenticity guarantee but I have seen a well known fake GMT insert listed recently. They also charge buyers a 2.5% Escrow fee which i NEVER saw or read about in their T&C's. I was also given wrong info more than once from them when asked about fees.....
Its sad. I wish everyone can be honest and clear nowadays with transactions.
swaini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 08:18 PM   #16
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
The term "100% original" can be a bit ambiguous. Need to be more specific than that to state the parts are made by Rolex.
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2020, 01:56 AM   #17
Dr_Rolexington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcarver View Post
Hold on, so you were willing to pay $5,000 if they were real?
Yea why not? I’ve been searching for a green bezel and dial spare for a good good while
Old 19 August 2020, 02:00 AM   #18
Dr_Rolexington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaini3 View Post
they dont check them. they advertise Buyer's protection and Authenticity guarantee but I have seen a well known fake GMT insert listed recently. They also charge buyers a 2.5% Escrow fee which i NEVER saw or read about in their T&C's. I was also given wrong info more than once from them when asked about fees.....
Its sad. I wish everyone can be honest and clear nowadays with transactions.
Seriously and this guy has the nerve to say he can send the parts to Chinese testing center (which I pay for) and they will give me a certificate...that proves what they’re made in china?

He sent me another picture of all his stock this a**hole has hundreds of dials and parts just laid out on a table what a jerk!
Old 19 August 2020, 02:36 AM   #19
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Seriously and this guy has the nerve to say he can send the parts to Chinese testing center (which I pay for) and they will give me a certificate...that proves what they’re made in china?

He sent me another picture of all his stock this a**hole has hundreds of dials and parts just laid out on a table what a jerk!
You sound so gullible.

1. Always watch out. If it sounds too good to be true it likely is.

2. You're calling someone names who can't defend himself and who could be all legit. Only because people on here told you to watch out you did a complete 180 and started badmouthing. Overreaction much? There are people out there with crazy amount of stock, so yes sometimes it could be possible and legit.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2020, 02:42 AM   #20
Dr_Rolexington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
You sound so gullible.

1. Always watch out. If it sounds too good to be true it likely is.

2. You're calling someone names who can't defend himself and who could be all legit. Only because people on here told you to watch out you did a complete 180 and started badmouthing. Overreaction much? There are people out there with crazy amount of stock, so yes sometimes it could be possible and legit.
Hi welcome to the thread, I opened it for opinions thanks for sharing yours, some opinions are more informative than others but thanks for sharing yours we will just leave it here.

This person in question could be legit but I’ll get more information after speaking to customer service. The Rolex world is plagued with fakes and everyone trying to make a quick buck. I saw the other day someone omg the white plastic piece where the sqew sticker goes for $50 lol damn is everything Rolex really worth selling?
Old 19 August 2020, 04:24 AM   #21
Dr_Rolexington
"TRF" Member

Ok so spoke to chrono24 customer rep and as soon as I gave the seller name they already knew what my call was about. The rep told me to not buy anything from this seller as they are currently already in hot water for selling phony parts. Ughh back to the search I knew this was going to happen this guy just didn’t seem right from the start

Be cautious of seller Shanghai Yuezhi Trading Co., Ltd. On chrono24 platform
Old 20 August 2020, 01:15 PM   #22
Ekwity
"TRF" Member

Watch: —>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollied View Post
Worse now with the new 7.5% fee for US buyers. I wonder how their numbers will look come next quarter.
Probably very bad. I’ve seen some watches that would usually get snatched up at the price theyre being offered but when you add that 7.5% it doesn’t make sense to purchase
Old 27 August 2020, 09:36 PM   #23
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
Quote:
Ok so spoke to chrono24 customer rep and as soon as I gave the seller name they already knew what my call was about. The rep told me to not buy anything from this seller as they are currently already in hot water for selling phony parts. Ughh back to the search I knew this was going to happen this guy just didn’t seem right from the start

Be cautious of seller Shanghai Yuezhi Trading Co., Ltd. On chrono24 platform
Well done. Glad you did your due diligence before buying.
swaini3 is offline   Reply With Quote