The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 4 December 2019, 06:19 PM   #1
buddy13
"TRF" Member

Watch: Orient star 300m
Omega Bracelet dilemma...

Gents, I am absolutely in love with the latest Omega SMP (Master Chronometer) Bracelet . Photo 'borrowed' off the net.

omega by etienne spiteri, on Flickr

I have truly grown fond of bracelets that have end links that pivot on the spring bar. This makes them super comfortable .

I love my previous model SMPc and would never part with it. I wear it on the fully brushed original bracelet or fully brushed Speedy most of the time.

I want to upgrade to the latest bracelet. I know the new model is slightly larger and thicker but case profile and lug size is the same. Anyone done it before and knows if it will fit? Any sources? If so, I'd be more than happy to bite the bullet. Many thanks in advance !

buddy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2019, 10:04 PM   #2
toolr
2024 Pledge Member

I may be wrong but I'm thinking that it would not fit previous model Seamasters. The end link attachment is a different design. If you look at the underside of the end links, it appears the side of the case is machined to retain the bracelet and keep the end link from swiveling, vice the "wings" used on older style bracelets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3424.JPG (106.3 KB, 134 views)
toolr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 02:38 AM   #3
buddy13
"TRF" Member

Watch: Orient star 300m
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolr View Post
I may be wrong but I'm thinking that it would not fit previous model Seamasters. The end link attachment is a different design. If you look at the underside of the end links, it appears the side of the case is machined to retain the bracelet and keep the end link from swiveling, vice the "wings" used on older style bracelets.
I know what you mean, but I sure hope you're wrong. haha

It's great to have end links pivoting like that on the spring bar, for weedy wrists like mine.

Guess we will never know unless someone who has both goes ahead and tries it out!

That's what I did when I bought the speedy bracelet for my then very new SMPc.
buddy13 is offline   Reply With Quote