The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 19 April 2009, 04:25 PM   #31
mikeyatc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
new watches

very nice! I'm very happy that it worked out for you. I personally won't buy another watch from them. (eventhough they have low prices) I told them so on the phone in a very heated conversation. I bought a new Sub Date on Thurs from the AD. I would rather pay more and keep my stress level down.
enjoy your watches.
mike
mikeyatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2009, 07:26 AM   #32
Tomrose11

Watch: Submariner
Many many people from TRF have bought from swisswrist and have been 100% satisfied, I personally have purchased 3 watches from them, sent three co-workers their way and numerous requests for info on them from TRF members have turned into their happy customers. Until this posting I have never heard a negative word about this company. You may want to check your facts before making allegations such as youve done above. I happen to know for a fact that Swiss Wrist is a very legitamite company and if had sent any issues their way they surly would have worked with yhou offering a replacment or a full refund without questions. People, I have bought many rolexes online in my day... and I will tell you that you will NEVER find a better expierance than Swiss Wrist from the day you buy your watch till you look to trade it in, they are probably the best out there aside from your local AD, where you'll obviously be paying close to retail. I know there are many other satisfied Swiss Wrist customers out there on TRF. GO AHEAD post your full positive expierance and make this a justice based forum!!!
Tomrose11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2009, 09:14 AM   #33
mikeyatc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomrose11 View Post
Many many people from TRF have bought from swisswrist and have been 100% satisfied, I personally have purchased 3 watches from them, sent three co-workers their way and numerous requests for info on them from TRF members have turned into their happy customers. Until this posting I have never heard a negative word about this company. You may want to check your facts before making allegations such as youve done above. I happen to know for a fact that Swiss Wrist is a very legitamite company and if had sent any issues their way they surly would have worked with yhou offering a replacment or a full refund without questions. People, I have bought many rolexes online in my day... and I will tell you that you will NEVER find a better expierance than Swiss Wrist from the day you buy your watch till you look to trade it in, they are probably the best out there aside from your local AD, where you'll obviously be paying close to retail. I know there are many other satisfied Swiss Wrist customers out there on TRF. GO AHEAD post your full positive expierance and make this a justice based forum!!!
well, ok. your mileage may vary. I'm glad you had a good experience with them. I didn't. sh*t happens. that's life.
Old 20 April 2009, 09:24 AM   #34
mikeyatc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You have 19 posts and 9 of them are defending Swisswrist. Do you work for them?
Old 20 April 2009, 10:52 AM   #35
jms_w
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Alright, then. I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they have to say.

As for checking my facts, I am just reporting my personal experience, which IS fact. What benefit would I get for not being honest? I want to help my fellow TRF members since they have helped me. For your information, I gave swiss wrist the benefit of the doubt and said that they may not even know that they sent me a watch that came with a non-authentic bezel insert. My intent is not to slam them. It is only to report my experience. People can make their own judgements from there. E-mails I sent to Dennis after I got my watch were never returned. Either you care or you don't. Before that, he was very responsive.
A2332212
CFX-200|Riseman|GW-M5610
jms_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2009, 09:42 AM   #36
jms_w
"TRF" Member

UPDATE: Good news!!

Good news!! As recommended, I talked to Daniel at swiss wrist and they will be reimbursing me for my insert. I will hopefully see a check soon. He reassured me that they do verify their watches and it was unfortunate that I got a bad insert and that it has never happened before. It was probably unfortunate for them as well that I have eagle eyes. He apologized for any inconvenience and miscommunication between me and another sales manager. With that said, I am 100% happy with the result and would recommend swiss wrist whole-heartedly, pending reimbursement.
A2332212
CFX-200|Riseman|GW-M5610
Old 22 April 2009, 03:18 AM   #37
rkot07
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II, DD, DJ II
Also along the same type of question. Im thinking about buying a Roley from Watch Expo in Newport Beach.
Anyone heard of them?
Any good/bad stories?
Their ebay feedback (watchesgonewild) is 100% and plus like I mentioned above they have an actual store.
rkot07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2009, 09:34 AM   #38
bustillowinston
Banned

Watch: gmt2 ceramic tt
the watch of swisswrist are mostly refurbished.They are trying to sell those as unused,but not actually new. some are used, some have defects that have been fixed already. Thats why their price is much lower compared to other sellers. There are a lot of big and reputable big online sellers,and why do you think they can't match the price of swisswrist??They are cheap coz their watch are refurbished and not 100% genuine..

My cousin just there in the u.s just bought a blue sub from them.for 6400d. it says unused.But when it came to him the bezel was not genuine the deler noticed it when he has it checked and the wer some other issues..the watch has light scratches too...
bustillowinston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2009, 10:54 PM   #39
jms_w
"TRF" Member

bustillowinston, I couldn't PM you so I'm going to have to contact you this way (I'm sorry admins). My family is going to Thailand this summer to visit family. Was wondering how much GMTIIc's run for new and second-hand, in baht or US dollars. Do you think it's better to buy in the States or in Thailand? Did you ever open that pre-owned store? Thanks.
A2332212
CFX-200|Riseman|GW-M5610
Old 25 April 2009, 12:09 PM   #40
Dhaines94

Watch: GMT-IIc
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms_w View Post
bustillowinston, I couldn't PM you so I'm going to have to contact you this way (I'm sorry admins). My family is going to Thailand this summer to visit family. Was wondering how much GMTIIc's run for new and second-hand, in baht or US dollars. Do you think it's better to buy in the States or in Thailand? Did you ever open that pre-owned store? Thanks.
I lived in thailand for three years. When the baht was at 40 or so it was better to buy in thailand if you didnt live there and could get the VAT tax back at the airport. the baht being around 35-36 now, its not a better deal. However, you would still have to pay duty when you brought it back into the US. It is a much better deal to buy in the US. I dont agree with the other poster about swisswrist. Yes, they are pre-owned but both of the ones I just got were Mint and checked out by an AD with no issues. Just ask a lot of questions. I would also buy from Bernard watch, another good source for pre-owned.
Dhaines94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2009, 02:08 PM   #41
Athonatron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms_w View Post
Are you going for the same TT blue sub? In the end I am happy with it though I was a bit unlucky with the bezel insert. Good luck and let us know how it goes if you decide to go with them.
why didn't you send it back and demand a refund?
Athonatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2009, 03:42 AM   #42
mikeyatc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athonatron View Post
why didn't you send it back and demand a refund?
Swisswrist would have sold the same watch to someone else after they got it back from jms w.

another good question would be: Why don't they sell what they advertise?
Old 30 April 2009, 07:21 PM   #43
Sperry
"TRF" Member

A friend emailed several times and called them.
Had issues getting a "straight" answer.

And said "Daniel C____", the "owner", was speeding his bubbies off.

Swiss Luxury seems a better outfit. TempoKing, better still.
Sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2009, 04:35 AM   #44
Daniel@swisswrist
"TRF" Member

In Regards to the Defamation Spoken Here

My name is Daniel Cohen and I am the Sales Manager at Swiss Wrist Inc or swisswrist.com. Recently In this thread many forum members have been having a long disscusion about Swiss Wrist.

We are a reputable company, every watch we sell is 100% authentic and as advertised. When a watch is sold as Unused it is Unused. When a watch is sold as Perfect Pre-Owned it is Pre-Owned. We work with very low margins and certainly provide our customers with value every single time. We are patient and spend all the time a customer needs to have all their questions fully answered. We have a clear policy were a customer can return their purchase within three bussiness days if they are not 100% satisfied. We have many many happy customers all over the WORLD! We have sold hundreds of watches to TRF members, we have our Google Checkout Reviews clearly listed on our website. We have posted countless testimonials direct from our satisfied customers on our website. Some of these customers included their contact info with testimonial. We offer the best pricing out there, sell the best quality merchandise and provide great customer service.

If a customer wishes to by from an Authorized Dealer that is their choice and I understand. If a buyer wants to save off retail and buy from an online grey market source this is understood as well.

What I do not understand is TRF members spending every chance possible dragging a perfectly reputable companies name through the dirt. Not only are you exercising clear cut defamtion, you are also denying anyone on the the Forums looking for a Solid Rolex-Unused or Pre-Owned at a Reasonable price with an unselfish market the chance at actually finding one.

I Assure any member of TRF looking for any Rolex that you can find what they want exactly, at the best price, from Swiss Wrist. Simple....

Ask as many questions as you wish, make a confident purchase and you will certainly be satisfied with you watch, your price and Swiss Wrist.
Daniel@swisswrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2009, 08:09 AM   #45
mikeyatc
"TRF" Member

Gmt ii

I just got off the phone with a <watchmaker>. (he has my watch right now) He is also a TRF member.
He said my GMT II is used/worn? (not unused like advertised) <but in all fairness, in "mint" condition (other than the crystal)>.
He said he would call me back tomorrow to discuss any other issues with the watch(if any) I'll keep all interested in this thread updated.
If you want to sue me(swisswrist) for defamation, see you in court. I will never buy another watch from you.
mikey
Old 5 May 2009, 02:46 AM   #46
Buddha
"TRF" Member

I am also considering Swiss Wrist for two Rolex purchases. It's funny, but I couldn't find anything negative about Swiss Wrist at the Better Business Bureau website. They are rated a B+ with no complaints. FWIW....
Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2009, 03:03 AM   #47
sayoko
"TRF" Member

Watch: cartier
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyatc View Post
I just got off the phone with a <watchmaker>. (he has my watch right now) He is also a TRF member.
He said my GMT II is used/worn? (not unused like advertised) <but in all fairness, in "mint" condition (other than the crystal)>.
He said he would call me back tomorrow to discuss any other issues with the watch(if any) I'll keep all interested in this thread updated.
If you want to sue me(swisswrist) for defamation, see you in court. I will never buy another watch from you.
mikey
I know this thread is a bit old, but any updates? I am considering purchasing a watch from them.
sayoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2009, 12:51 AM   #48
ehrlichdy
"TRF" Member

Watch: The next one
I bought a watch, dealing with Dennis. It didn't turn out to be what I wanted. He took the watch back for a full refund with no hassle. Buy with confidence.
ehrlichdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2009, 03:37 AM   #49
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATEJUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
Ummm haven't really check their website..let me see what they have..
Old 18 October 2009, 01:14 PM   #50
saul9776
"TRF" Member

I was in the same situation and bought from GK-Scott instead....
saul9776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2009, 04:16 AM   #51
dennis720
"TRF" Member

are all swiss-wrist.com's rolex watches refurbished?
dennis720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2009, 09:24 AM   #52
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Whats the latest word on Swiss Wrist? This debate was going pretty good for a while and then died. I was not part of it then, but have recently discovered this company, and of course searched for their reputation on TRF.

Bur from them or not???
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2010, 12:44 PM   #53
jansz
"TRF" Member

uggghhhh....I just found this site and post. Wish I had checked it earlier and done better due diligence in general.

Had an AWFUL experience with these people at Swiss Wrist.

I had many the same issues as described above, they just plain lie selling used watches as "new" (as others have mentioned here and I have now seen mentioned elsewhere online) and (in my case) represent aftermarket parts as original. I bought a GMT that was supposedly "new" but was really far from it, the entire bezel (not just the insert) was not original. Take my advice and stay away! there are better options online and off.

Before I make the same mistake again, there is a watch I'm interested in at gkscott.com, does anyone know if they are reputable?
jansz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2010, 03:26 PM   #54
DoctorSaul
"TRF" Member

Strange comments here....

I purchased two Rolex watches from Swiss-Wrist over the last few months. Both watches were described as "display models" and "unused". Both watches were exactly as described, and I am delighted with my purchases.
I dealt with Dennis over the telephone and I must say he was most helpful, honest, and truthful in completing the sale of my watches.

I wonder if other forum comments dealt with "used" watches, which even under the best of circumstances are difficult to please a purchaser who is expecting a "near-new" watch what with wear, scratches, owner additions and deletions, and so forth. I think Swiss-Wrist does a reasonable job of accurately describing its watches, and if further detail is needed, a phone call to them could certainly zero in on any specific concerns a buyer may have, prior to finalizing the deal. I asked Dennis a lot of questions regarding my watches before purchasing..... and was impressed with the detail that Dennis freely shared with me regarding the watches.

My 2 cents... I would certainly buy again from Swiss-Wrist.

Saul
DoctorSaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2010, 04:57 AM   #55
dominick32
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 16613
Just read this thread, havent been on the forums in a long time. But I wanted to let everyone know that I had a very positive experience with swiss wrist. Check out my thread here for details and tons of pictures: http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=59377

I got exactly what I ordered. Daniel Cohen @ Swiss-Wrist was a pleasure to deal with.

Dominick
Old 24 February 2010, 01:51 AM   #56
TRankin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610 Submariner
My Experience

My experience with SwissWrist was completely positive. I dealt with Dennis Gold and could not be happier!
TRankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2010, 03:33 PM   #57
jowblowfromkokomo
"TRF" Member

re: swiss-wrist

Just purchased my first Rolex via Swiss-Wrist, a used 31MM ladies' Datejust with "custom" diamond bezel and mother of pearl diamond dial. Admittedly, this was a bit of a "hair-trigger" maneuver on my part but the Swiss Wrist BBB rating sold me on SW's legitimacy.

Dennis from Swiss-Wrist was solid, very informative and totally accessible even AFTER I received the watch (and he had my cash). He was up front about the fact that the watch was used and the bezel and dial were after market additions.

Got the watch checked out with a jeweler who verified the watch, MOP and diamonds as legit. Only downside was that (under extreme magnification) you could definitely see the imperfections in the lettering on the dial. What I appreciated was that Dennis did not balk when I told him this and offered to send me back the original dial overnight at no cost to me. Also got the sense he would have refunded/exchanged the watch with no problem. Very cool. I ended up swapping out the SW dial for another MOP with more precise lettering from another vendor for a few hundred bucks.

Net net: Swiss Wrist was honest, accessible and very accommodating. They do not claim to be an authorized Rolex vendor so you cannot expect the "after market" work to be up to Rolex standards. Lastly, I was an easy "upsell" candidate and Dennis did not try to exploit this. I would definitely buy from SW again.

My only regrets are no fault of SW. I learned a great deal about Rolex this past week and certainly should have done more research up front. Some of you may know all this but some key things I learned are:

Any "after market" work automatically precludes Rolex proper form servicing your watch.

Rolex considers watches with aftermarket mods as "fake" as it was altered from the original intent of the watchmaker. So while my actual time-piece is legit, the aftermarket work "technically" makes it a fugezi (in the eyes of Rolex).

The midsize (31mm) Rolexes historically do not come with diamond bezels. These are instead reserved for the big-daddy President watches. So if you are sporting diamonds on your midsize, anyone who does some research knows the watch did not come from Rolex like so.

Rolex diamonds are flawless. Period.

Rolex dials are flawless. The slightest blemish or imperfection under magnification indicates aftermarket work and calls the legitimacy of the entire watch into question. This is a bummer especially if you've paid several thousand (like me) for a genuine Rolex piece with mods.

In summary, the watch I bought is beautiful. However, I am already giving thought to paying the extra freight down the line to have the 100% real deal.

Hope this helps and apologies if everyone knew all this stuff already.
jowblowfromkokomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2011, 11:22 PM   #58
Kdsr
"TRF" Member

I recently (March 2011) purchased a DateJust watch from them after reading everything I could find on-line about the company including these comments. I decided it was worth the risk because this blog was the only negative comments I could find. I also looked into the BBB rating which outlined the complaints and resolutions to the complaints. They are legit and their product is legit. I just had my watch appraised by a certified Rolex dealer here in Pittsburgh and he is not one of those large box chain jewelers but an independent with 2 stores that carry a tremendous reputation here. He (his family) has been a Rolex dealer for 30 years. He was able to not only appraise the watch but took time to show me all the points that make the watch legit.
Now, I will say that Swiss Wrist needs to improve their customer service. Once Dennis got involved things went well. However, I can say for certain that my watch is legit.
Kdsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2013, 10:05 AM   #59
improviz
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step
Funny how many people joined the forum, made one or two posts only in this thread (or at least one other SW thread), and were never heard from again.
116520 white; 16613 black; 116710; 16570 polar; 16600. AP 15400; 15703. Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Glashutte Sport Evo GMT. Omega Planet Ocean 2907.50.91; Planet Ocean Liquidmetal LE 222.30.42.20.01.001; Seamaster 2255.80.00. Breitling Crosswind, white. Panerai PAM 005. VC Overseas Chrono, black.
improviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2013, 01:55 PM   #60
lisalisa
"TRF" Member

I know I havent made very many post, but I can honestly say i have been lurking on this forum everyday. I have to say you guys are the best!! I have learned so much about rolex watches. My family thinks I went bonkers bc I keep wanting more watches. I was reading this post and I have bought 3 watches from Dennis Gold (not for my personal use) but it was from GoldWatchCo. Im assuming it has to be the same. I will admit, I spoke to another gentlemen in the beginning and he was not so pleasant. The second time I called i got Dennis not knowing he was the owner he was much nicer..i had good experience with him. I will say this though, its not easy being a girl sometimes bc they don't take us seriously..lol but after a few purchases, its all good.

I thank you guys tremendously for all the info on this forum..
lisalisa is offline   Reply With Quote