The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 12 May 2019, 04:50 PM   #121
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaoxing84 View Post
i hope he gets what he asked for.

Fk me over for 5grand and i hope his life is miserable.

i have met many wonderful people in TRF and sometimes there's some a-hole who tries to be funny.

i have sent photos of the parcel and the entire story to my local fedex and they're in the midst of investigating
He sold you the Batman for 5k?
415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2019, 01:15 AM   #122
porschejeff
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 228238
Sounds very suspect to me.
Rolex 116710 BLNR
And a few others...
porschejeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2019, 01:16 AM   #123
RidingDonkeys
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415 View Post
He sold you the Batman for 5k?
Different incident, different seller.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2019, 01:19 AM   #124
RidingDonkeys
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Suborning intimidation can lead to a problem for you and the “visitors”.

Your post means to induce someone to commit a potentially unlawful act. Often, this involves protection payoffs or other forms of intimidation, but the method of subornation may vary.

Ummm...I wouldn’t go there now that the suggestion has been made.

You can’t control who reads TRF and wouldn’t want to inadvertently become complicit should the other party have any “visitors” who go too far...

Very slim possibility but not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You definitely didn't develop a sense of humor in your days as a hall monitor.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2019, 01:27 AM   #125
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
Stolen watch by Fedex Outlet at California Gardena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Sounds like stall tactics to me.

You’ve dealt with him before using wire transfers ... how long did it take the funds to clear your account heading to him?

I deal in wire transfers frequently through the business and as long as the account code and swift code are correct, the funds transfer takes a day or two in my experience.

Same. I send 10+ international wire transfers a month (from California), all over the world. Brazil, Italy, India, China, etc. I’ve never seen it take more than two days for the funds to appear in their accounts. The system I use requires accurate beneficiary address, bank address, account number, and swift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2019, 03:10 AM   #126
MinMay
Banned

Quote:
He facetimed me 12 hours ago.
He told me he's checking with the bank. Not sure what's going on.
If it doesn't show up on Monday.
He will send it again.
He is playing game with you bro....killing time...

Just let him know you'll initiate a criminal record on him for LIFE....
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2019, 04:28 PM   #127
gaoxing84
Banned

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
Is there any difference for international wire if he used cash?
I have no idea what's going on. It's Monday here in the late afternoon and I have yet to receive any funds.
I told him and he's going to the bank and check.
Giving me a update later.
gaoxing84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2019, 04:35 PM   #128
gaoxing84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cda555 View Post
Same. I send 10+ international wire transfers a month (from California), all over the world. Brazil, Italy, India, China, etc. I’ve never seen it take more than two days for the funds to appear in their accounts. The system I use requires accurate beneficiary address, bank address, account number, and swift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes that's correct.
But he told me he used cash and the form that he used he tick cash as well.

I really wanna hope for the best.
Old 13 May 2019, 04:59 PM   #129
MinMay
Banned

Quote:
Is there any difference for international wire if he used cash?
I have no idea what's going on. It's Monday here in the late afternoon and I have yet to receive any funds.
I told him and he's going to the bank and check.
Giving me a update later.
He can only wire if the money is available in his account. There is no credit card transfer or pending cash, etc. If his account shows $100,000 available, then he can transfer all $100,000.

All you need to do is get the transaction # from him and YOU call the bank and ask them to validate. Why are you asking him to check? Did you check the previous transaction # from the 1st time with his bank? It's Monday midnight over here in PST time zone. The bank should open in 10 hours from now.

I'm sorry, but didn't you go through this from the previous incident? Lies after lies after lies.
Old 13 May 2019, 04:59 PM   #130
ocN55
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
I don't know that my car insurance works. I've never filed a claim. But that doesn't mean I don't keep it in place as...well...extra insurance.

The point is, anyone who isn't doing everything to protect themselves from theft or forgery in this hobby is a blithering idiot. Do everything you can do to protect and insure yourself, and hope that you'll never need it.
Right there with you.

Got yo back Darryll
ocN55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2019, 10:38 PM   #131
BigBlue1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: it pal !
Damn

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
BigBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 05:38 AM   #132
yOyOYoo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Ouch, I am so frustrated for you OP. This type of crap makes me paranoid to buy or sell anything online of significant value.
yOyOYoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 09:29 AM   #133
PRD
"TRF" Member

I am sorry to the buyer here but the seller is scamming you. The longer he waits, it gives him more time for your funds to leave his account so you cannot reverse your original wire. Clever scammers know this, and after funds hit their account they use stall tactics for 5-7 days to get the funds out of the account and the account closed. In hindsight there are just far to many red flags here: deal for two watches turns into one, item shows up missing and was never scanned by an organization that probably is not even allowed to accept packages until they can scan them, then all this hassle with getting a wire that should take 24 hours. I am really sorry. I know all the above because I have been through it. And as many have pointed out, we keep trying to rationalize all these inconsistencies because we are hoping and praying that we did not just get scammed. But anyone on this forum will tell you that legit deals with legit buyers/sellers go smoothly, with some exceptions.
PRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 04:59 PM   #134
gaoxing84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
He can only wire if the money is available in his account. There is no credit card transfer or pending cash, etc. If his account shows $100,000 available, then he can transfer all $100,000.

All you need to do is get the transaction # from him and YOU call the bank and ask them to validate. Why are you asking him to check? Did you check the previous transaction # from the 1st time with his bank? It's Monday midnight over here in PST time zone. The bank should open in 10 hours from now.

I'm sorry, but didn't you go through this from the previous incident? Lies after lies after lies.
so right now, he went to the bank and the bank told him money was successfully sent out. however my bank did not receive any funds.
He told me to send him a pdf version of my bank statement in the month of may 2019 so he can bring it to Bank of Hope to check.

he claimed that he used cash wire as per the photo below, as the documents for wire.

So right now, my bank told me to get a form called MT103 from the bank that he used (Bank of Hope)
MT103 is a SWIFT payment message type/format used for cash transfer specifically for cross border/international wire transfer. - basically this will be the proof that he actually sent out the funds and if he can produce this to me, my bank can look for the funds.

if he is unable to produce this specific document from the bank (which they definitely have, it's a global standard for bank wire) to help search MY MONEY, then that's it, I will release the full information of this guy and will get a friend of mine in california, the same area to report to the authorities.
1. Wire Fraud
2. Forgery of Bank Official Documents

I hope for the best now because i don't want things to go bad - I NEED MY MONEY BACK.
So sick of waiting and waiting

Official Bank Wire and Remittance Document
Old 14 May 2019, 05:45 PM   #135
HarryLime
"TRF" Member

After post #37 of this thread, anyone who still thought the seller was legit... well, I have a bridge to sell you. If you get your watch or money back, I'll eat my hat.
HarryLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 06:15 PM   #136
afnios1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: IWC 371503 gst.
Is this 531 branch a valid one?Did you check it with this bank?
afnios1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 08:40 PM   #137
Explorer2Guy
Banned

I’m sorry to make this prediction but I expect that very soon the purchaser will be ghosted by the seller.

He sold you two watches and you gave him money for 2 watches.

One watch he admits not shipping despite receiving the cash but promised a refund you still don’t have.

The other watch turns out to be an empty box? And you want to think the shipper did that?

I hope I’m wrong because this has been painful to read. In these situations you have to say “what makes the most sense?” That the seller needs cash and is playing games, unfortunately.
Explorer2Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 09:23 PM   #138
gaoxing84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnios1 View Post
Is this 531 branch a valid one?Did you check it with this bank?
Anyway I just found out where he works and all.
So it's the last chance for him to produce the form as proof.
Old 14 May 2019, 09:56 PM   #139
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Anyway I just found out where he works and all.
So it's the last chance for him to produce the form as proof.
Why haven't you called the bank direct yet? Thats the only sure way to know if you're being jerked around.

No details of the means of verification. ID? What ID? Section not completed.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 10:23 PM   #140
twinturb089
"TRF" Member

Watch: day date 40
So the seller filled out the form for the wire for for the bank and never submitted it to the teller. Bank of hope fits this story well.
twinturb089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 10:39 PM   #141
gaoxing84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
Why haven't you called the bank direct yet? Thats the only sure way to know if you're being jerked around.

No details of the means of verification. ID? What ID? Section not completed.
i can't call the bank.
i am from Singapore. I don't think they're allowed to give you any information.
Old 14 May 2019, 10:41 PM   #142
gaoxing84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturb089 View Post
So the seller filled out the form for the wire for for the bank and never submitted it to the teller. Bank of hope fits this story well.
but it was signed off by the teller and approved by someone in the bank.

2 scenario

Forged documents
or

if he can produce the MT103 form by the bank then he's good
Old 14 May 2019, 11:49 PM   #143
Gtecko
"TRF" Member

why aren't you more proactive on this OP ?
this situation is getting out of your control very quick ...
let's call it May 6th for your pmt to be sent, late Friday (btw is branch 531 open past 5pm on a Friday ??
Today is 7 business days after the pmt was sent ... your money should be here already. I have never heard of an international wire transfer (for this amount) that would take this long nowadays.
Gtecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 12:10 AM   #144
whatsthetime?
"TRF" Member

I'm sorry to reply with such negativity, but c'mon OP, stop making excuses for this seller. You're buying any and every story this guy feeds you. Enough is enough now, please stop being so naive and do what you have to do instead of delaying this more and more which only works out to his advantage.
Old 15 May 2019, 12:24 AM   #145
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
I would ask for a copy of his bank statement with the $13,500 being taken out. When you initiate a wire, you normally at least get a receipt or confirmation. The fact that he didn't send this is weird.

With Singapore banks - all wires that I have sent and received in the past have cleared within 1 day (just my experience). Singapore and US banks are very quick.

Quote:
so right now, he went to the bank and the bank told him money was successfully sent out. however my bank did not receive any funds.
He told me to send him a pdf version of my bank statement in the month of may 2019 so he can bring it to Bank of Hope to check.

he claimed that he used cash wire as per the photo below, as the documents for wire.

So right now, my bank told me to get a form called MT103 from the bank that he used (Bank of Hope)
MT103 is a SWIFT payment message type/format used for cash transfer specifically for cross border/international wire transfer. - basically this will be the proof that he actually sent out the funds and if he can produce this to me, my bank can look for the funds.

if he is unable to produce this specific document from the bank (which they definitely have, it's a global standard for bank wire) to help search MY MONEY, then that's it, I will release the full information of this guy and will get a friend of mine in california, the same area to report to the authorities.
1. Wire Fraud
2. Forgery of Bank Official Documents

I hope for the best now because i don't want things to go bad - I NEED MY MONEY BACK.
So sick of waiting and waiting

Official Bank Wire and Remittance Document
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 12:34 AM   #146
Golf925
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear this. this is my primary bank, and I have wired funds many times before.. one thing I noticed missing is, purpose of remittance toward the bottom.
When I was sending money, bank always requested this to be filled out.. weather you are buying merchandise, gift , etc..
Also after transaction is done, bank always stamp with date on original and my copy as well.
Golf925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 12:40 AM   #147
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=bearxj86;9634615]I would ask for a copy of his bank statement with the $13,500 being taken out. /QUOTE]

It was a 'cash' payment, although I have serious doubts anyone would be walking around LA with $13,500 in their pocket. It must have been withdrawn from a bank account at some point so why not debit the wire transfer directly from that account. There is just SO much odd behavior and activity by seller that the only explanation is the OP is being duped. Biggest red flag for me is that seller was offering to resend on Monday (did that actually happen?). WTF. Why would anyone send another $13,500?
OP I don't see why you can't call the sending bank. They can confirm you are the recipient and that you have a transaction number. You just need them to confirm the authenticity in the wire transfer system. Takes a couple of key strokes.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 01:22 AM   #148
Explorer2Guy
Banned

The scammer’s next step would typically be to try and make it up by selling you a $20,000 is watch for $5,000 but with you having to again pre-pay.
Explorer2Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 01:29 AM   #149
MinMay
Banned

Stolen watch by Fedex Outlet at California Gardena

Quote:
i can't call the bank.

If you’re not able to stay awake to call the bank then your money is not important enough.

He sent you a form? LOL I can find the form online and fill it out myself. The bank supposed to give him a PRINTED receipt with a transaction #. Where is his receipt? The date is 5/3/2019?

Today bank should be more advance than Bank of Hope.

Good luck. I don’t agree how you’re handling this but it’s your money and your choice. I thought you had learned from your previous incident already but I hope you stop dealing with international transaction going forward. It’s not worth the headache.

Send him this link and asked him to share his story. I highly doubt he’ll login.
Old 15 May 2019, 01:56 AM   #150
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
i can't call the bank.
Why? Aren't there phones in Singapore?
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote