The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 12 July 2020, 05:41 AM   #1
daveo5
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M COSC
Panerai USA service

Thinking of getting a Panerai but some comments in the past were critical of their service. That plus some other things made USA sales drop. What is the state of their service and watch quality? Thanks
daveo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 06:06 AM   #2
The OG Beef
"TRF" Member

I’ve had nothing but stellar service from the TX PASC facility. And what are these other “things” you speak of that allegedly made US sales drop?

all_in_the_pamily on IG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The OG Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 07:07 AM   #3
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Watch: panerai
Panerai USA service

Never had anything but a great experience with the Texas center. Not sure ‘what you heard’ or ‘other things that made their sales drop’. Feel free to elaborate.

Level set the expectation and effective communication is the key to any service experience.

Have a great day

chgo_risti on IG

chgo_risti on IG
fullcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 08:42 AM   #4
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Been dealing with Panerai's Naples boutique and Bob has always been a joy to work with. Another Panerai dealer has also been excellent. Not a clue what OP is referring to.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 08:43 AM   #5
The OG Beef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Been dealing with Panerai's Naples boutique and Bob has always been a joy to work with. Not a clue what OP is referring to.

Naples is the best.

all_in_the_pamily on IG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The OG Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 11:15 AM   #6
air993
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
I just had my 111 serviced under warranty. The crown latch screw that's exposed had fallen out of my watch recently, 11 months after a great service (watch ran flawlessly). I mailed the watch off and got it back in less than ten days. I would highly recommend Panerai as their watches and service have been great for me.
air993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 11:56 AM   #7
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
I had a Regatta 526 that steamed up on me. I took it to the Panerai boutique in the Design District Miami. It was out of warranty. They sent it to tx for a repair quote, I didn’t hear anything from them, but since I was away on business I forgot about it. 7 weeks later I got a call from the AD at which point I received the watch back with a complete service carried out at no cost. I have yet to get my other Panerai’s serviced, one of which is now 16 years old (127 Fiddy) and runs perfectly.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 11:19 AM   #8
mfer
"TRF" Member

I thought all those people complaining about Panerai service were just expecting to much. A minor scratch or something.

I used to LOVE the brand (search my history). Now they are all gone, even my favorite watch if all time (232).

Why?

Service. I can post my sad story here (with stupid detail, emails, letters, photos) and have many people post that is not the case. When it was my case for multiple watches for me. Not just one or two resends either. I’m done.

My advice, stay away.
member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 11:20 AM   #9
mfer
"TRF" Member

Flame on btw. Don’t care.
member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 10:43 PM   #10
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfer View Post
Flame on btw. Don’t care.
Ditto, don't care.... as on Paneristi and other places online have not seen any rash of complaints. If you want to see nearly endless complaints, look at 6Speed's Bentley board, plenty of problems and complaints there.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 11:01 PM   #11
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

I just had a routine service done by Rikki on my Pam 104. He is a excellent watchmaker that does all my watches. That said, I have never heard of any negative feedback from Panerai service Dept. Usually been very positive. I have heard significantly more complaints from using RSC.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2023, 11:12 PM   #12
dmash
"TRF" Member

Bumping this back up as had to send one of mine in due to dust under the crystal.

Couple questions:

1- after dropping off at boutique, how long afterwards do you usually receive the email from TX quoting what they’re going to do?

2- anyone have recent datapoints for turnaround times?
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2023, 04:29 AM   #13
waterman1
2024 Pledge Member

Just got my 25 back from TX service center. Excellent communication and turnaround time.
waterman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2023, 09:16 PM   #14
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
My 317 is at the Service Center now for the second time in six months for movement issues. Won't run with the chronograph engaged. According to my AD, who has done both submissions, they are currently caught up and it should not take long. It has already been four weeks so I am hopeful it will be back soon and operate correctly. My 1226 was stopping at 20 hours with a full wind so back it went. I have been a fan for a few decades but if the 317 does not work this time then it is gone. I have no time for expensive watches that are worn rarely to not operate in the manner they were designed for. We will see.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2023, 11:59 PM   #15
chrissimons
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
My 317 is at the Service Center now for the second time in six months for movement issues. Won't run with the chronograph engaged. According to my AD, who has done both submissions, they are currently caught up and it should not take long. It has already been four weeks so I am hopeful it will be back soon and operate correctly. My 1226 was stopping at 20 hours with a full wind so back it went. I have been a fan for a few decades but if the 317 does not work this time then it is gone. I have no time for expensive watches that are worn rarely to not operate in the manner they were designed for. We will see.
Sorry to read that, hopefully it will be ok !
chrissimons is offline   Reply With Quote