The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Old 31 May 2020, 05:44 AM   #1
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Guinand Flight Engineer - Magnetic Field Resistant Tool Watch

Greetings all!

I got this watch as a gift to myself for successfully passing my PhD qualifier exams. Still not a 'Doctor' yet, but the purpose of this watch was to keep me motivated till then

The Flight Engineer is Guinand's most recent release. It is designed to be a no-nonsense tool watch with excellent legibility and a anti magnetic shield build around the movement to resist fields up to 1000 Gauss (similar to the original Milgauss). But whether or not that's useful to a desk-bound nerd that occasionally comes in contact with magnetic fields at work is unclear. But what is clear is that this is a fantastic tool watch and everything about it is designed for 'efficiency', in the true German way I suppose.

I've had the Flight Engineer for about a week now and put together some of my thoughts here: https://www.beansandbezels.com/revie...ight-engineer/

It is quite a long and detailed read with plenty of photographs since I couldn't find any hands on reviews when deciding whether to buy one or not.

Here's some pictures:

Since this watch is relatively new, I'm happy to answer any questions about it that i haven't covered in the review.

Thanks for reading / watching.
thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2020, 06:00 AM   #2
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Great looking watch, congrats on the watch & qualifier exams! This was Helmut Sinn's last watch company, correct?
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2020, 06:16 AM   #3
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Great looking watch, congrats on the watch & qualifier exams! This was Helmut Sinn's last watch company, correct?
dP
Thank you very much ! Yep, he retired from Sinn and bought Guinand. Guinand had been manufacturing watches for Sinn until the mid 90s I believe. He then ran Guinand until he finally retired. Guinand is currently under new management since 2015-2016. In 2016 they released the HS100 to celebrate Helmut Sinn's 100th birthday. I was fortunate enough to acquire one of those pieces as well. Very interesting watches with tons of old-Sinn design elements.

thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engineer , flight , guinand , review , watch