The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 9 July 2020, 08:26 AM   #61
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby T View Post
My local Omega Factory Boutique won't take a deposit until there is pricing and photos. I have a good relationship so as soon as those are available, they will take the "deposit".

The one thing he was 90% sure of is that it would not be a "Limited Numbered Edition" bit it would be "Limited Production"........we'll see
Again. It is so strange that each boutique seems to be doing something different. Mine is also an OB but I had to put a deposit.

I’ve heard horror stories about the last snoopy release and sounds like we may be in for a replay if the OBs are all doing something different.

Also, not sure how you can make a snoopy a “limited production” watch. It sort of defeats the point of the watch and would create headaches around royalties and such. But who knows what omega is thinking.
Phooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2020, 03:33 PM   #62
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Not really strange depending on how Omega corporate set up their Boutiques. It's always been set up in a way such that Boutique management decides how to run the show in their respective stores.

"Limited Production" would be like the 321 Steel. Not numbered, but simply limited in terms of how many they crank out.

Honestly, I doubt they'd do this. For most (if not all) of their special editions, they've always made them numbered. Even if the number is really high (i.e., 6969).
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2020, 05:11 PM   #63
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Not really strange depending on how Omega corporate set up their Boutiques. It's always been set up in a way such that Boutique management decides how to run the show in their respective stores.

"Limited Production" would be like the 321 Steel. Not numbered, but simply limited in terms of how many they crank out.

Honestly, I doubt they'd do this. For most (if not all) of their special editions, they've always made them numbered. Even if the number is really high (i.e., 6969).
I thought that all OBs were owned by Omega. If that were the case, I would imagine that the company would want to have a consistent customer experience that exemplifies the brand. Of course, you would have individual managers run the operations but they would all strive to create the “Omega” experience.

So when the release of a new “hot” watch is announced, there would be a standardized rollout so that all customers would know what to expect. Again, the net effect would be to reinforce the positive “omega” experience, not have conflicting threads like this online.

An analogy would be walking into an Apple store and having every store handle the launch of an iPhone in a different way. Let’s say we would not have the apple of today.
Old 9 July 2020, 07:17 PM   #64
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phooi View Post
I thought that all OBs were owned by Omega.
I never really said they weren't. Simply that management of each boutique has the freedom to set their own rules within certain bounds set by corporate.
Old 9 July 2020, 07:18 PM   #65
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
An analogy would be walking into an Apple store and having every store handle the launch of an iPhone in a different way. Let’s say we would not have the apple of today.
I wish that were the case, but honestly, in my experience in the watch industry, there's limited (if any) consistency. Even with multiple stores owned by the same AD, for instance.
Old 10 July 2020, 10:16 AM   #66
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I never really said they weren't. Simply that management of each boutique has the freedom to set their own rules within certain bounds set by corporate.
It wasn’t accusatory, more lack of certainty.

Quote:
I wish that were the case, but honestly, in my experience in the watch industry, there's limited (if any) consistency. Even with multiple stores owned by the same AD, for instance.
The whole reason I made those comments stemmed from the fact I had a conversation regarding this exact problem elsewhere. I guess Swiss watch companies either don’t have the margins to invest in customer experience or don’t feel the need to.
Old 10 July 2020, 12:25 PM   #67
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It wasn’t accusatory, more lack of certainty.

The whole reason I made those comments stemmed from the fact I had a conversation regarding this exact problem elsewhere. I guess Swiss watch companies either don’t have the margins to invest in customer experience or don’t feel the need to.