The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 12 July 2020, 04:16 AM   #1
Bobby T
Banned

seamaster Seamaster DIVER 300M OMEGA CO‑AXIAL MASTER CHRONOMETER 42 MM 007 Edition

So, my AD called.......he's got one, I'm torn. or ???

Attached Images
File Type: png B3113D94-3623-4B48-93A8-A40CDD7B2A88.png (255.2 KB, 644 views)
Bobby T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 04:37 AM   #2
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

I went to see one a few weeks ago. The lume colour kills it for me. It was much darker than I expected
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 05:10 AM   #3
Bobby T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpit View Post
I went to see one a few weeks ago. The lume colour kills it for me. It was much darker than I expected
The lume is blue, right?? Too dark???
Bobby T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 06:35 AM   #4
JohnGingerwood
2024 Pledge Member

I would. I think it’s awesome. Would probably get a rubber strap to go along.
JohnGingerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 06:37 AM   #5
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
I thinks it over priced at MSRP.
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 06:42 AM   #6
WhiteRhino
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
I’ll just say I love patina. This is not patina. Pass.
WhiteRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 07:13 AM   #7
Bruin20
"TRF" Member

Seen it in person. Titanium is cool. Everything else is bleh.
Bruin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 07:14 AM   #8
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMarcus View Post
I thinks it over priced at MSRP.

Agree. You can get deep discounts outside of the ad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 07:58 AM   #9
Pandacat
"TRF" Member

9k for grade 2 titanium watch, pass. If it was grade 5 i would be tempted. But even then, 9k is a little steep.
Pandacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 08:05 AM   #10
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
It’s a great watch. People like to balk at the price, but it’s technically superior to the submariner by a good margin and the styling unlike anything else out there. The patina is a non issue, I’m not one of those people that think all lume has to be stark white. The bracelet is very unique as well. For me the deal breaker is not having the date.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 08:25 AM   #11
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

I love the watch, but I'm a bit surprised that Omega went with grade 2 Ti, to be honest. :(
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 08:43 AM   #12
OrangeKenny
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570 Polar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
It’s a great watch. People like to balk at the price, but it’s technically superior to the submariner by a good margin and the styling unlike anything else out there. The patina is a non issue, I’m not one of those people that think all lume has to be stark white. The bracelet is very unique as well. For me the deal breaker is not having the date.
I think people balk at the price because it’s almost double a regular Seamaster. That’s why I balk. And the lume colour is a bit overdone for my taste. And I like the date at 6. And I’m not really into Bond. And I don’t care for the mesh deployant system. Wait maybe I just don’t like it...
The regular Seamaster, now that’s a great watch!
OrangeKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 08:48 AM   #13
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeKenny View Post
I think people balk at the price because it’s almost double a regular Seamaster. That’s why I balk. And the lume colour is a bit overdone for my taste. And I like the date at 6. And I’m not really into Bond. And I don’t care for the mesh deployant system. Wait maybe I just don’t like it...
The regular Seamaster, now that’s a great watch!

The regular is a great watch too. I only wish they left the proportions alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 09:11 AM   #14
Pandacat
"TRF" Member

On paper this watch doesn’t justify the price. You get an aluminum bezel(which i personally prefer), grade 2 titanium case, and a mesh bracelet, for 9k+.

On the standard seamaster, you get a ceramic bezel, ceramic laser etched dial, a movement with a date, stainless steel case and bracelet for 5kish.

Where does the additional 4k come from? If anything this watch should be less or at most, match the standard seamaster’s price.

I’m still waiting for a journalist to ask omega why they chose grade 2 ti. We all know they are trying to cut costs, but i’m curious what “official marketing” line they will use. Probably something like “grade 2 ti is something that mi6 would use” or something along those lines.
Pandacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 09:20 PM   #15
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I like the watch, or should I say the pictures, as I have not seen it in person yet. The price is the big deal for me as this is a standard production piece and I could see significant discounts in the distant future. Omega is milking this one for the release of the movie and I believe we will see a flood of them once the move is out and the buzz is over. With that said, I may still buy one.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 10:16 PM   #16
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 10:42 PM   #17
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

I like this one too, I don't mind fautina and I am a sucker for a dial with a Pheon. The price is a huge issue for me, especially compared to the regular Seamster. I wouldn't rule out one if at well below RRP at some point in the future but won't be lining up to get one at or near current prices.
stevedssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2020, 04:15 AM   #18
RedwinGV
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smstr 600m BigBlue
That color just doesn't do it for me. Of course, this is from someone owning a Big Blue. I love the look and it wears smaller than it it. I suspect that would apply to the entire series, black, etc. Plus I use the GMT function of it.
Old 13 July 2020, 04:50 AM   #19
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
The lume is very dark in the AD when I tried it on (on nato). Apparently it is not as dark in normal light. It’s also, unsurprisingly, extremely light.

A bit pricey however. I would like to pick one up in the future when a bit cheaper. I prefer it to the regular Seamaster but not by £4k.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2020, 08:10 AM   #20
Amochosto
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Quote:
So are you saying that when its in a lighted environment, the lume is a darker brown in person than in pictures, or when its dark, the lume doesn’t glow as much as you had hoped?

Stupidity is doomed, therefore, to cringe at every syllable of wisdom

Heraclitus of Ephesus
Amochosto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2020, 10:19 AM   #21
Wolfgang427
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Tudor Omega
Like it but don't love it. the deal breaker is the price.
TRF member #917
Wolfgang427 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2020, 03:38 PM   #22
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amochosto View Post
So are you saying that when its in a lighted environment, the lume is a darker brown in person than in pictures, or when its dark, the lume doesn’t glow as much as you had hoped?
Apologies, yes when I saw it in person the colour of the markers / indices (which I called lume) was darker than I had anticipated. Hard to describe (being colour blind) but it was a deeper shade of brown than I though.

I'd caveat though that the piece I tried was for another customer and it had all the protective plastic on it but it was an instant no the moment I tried it. My wife, who has a way with words, was less complementary in front of the poor salesman.

I'd also say that I'm currently waiting for a black sub so the 300 just wasn't what I was really looking for in a watch right now.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 12:24 PM   #23
Amochosto
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Quote:
Apologies, yes when I saw it in person the colour of the markers / indices (which I called lume) was darker than I had anticipated. Hard to describe (being colour blind) but it was a deeper shade of brown than I though.

I'd caveat though that the piece I tried was for another customer and it had all the protective plastic on it but it was an instant no the moment I tried it. My wife, who has a way with words, was less complementary in front of the poor salesman.

I'd also say that I'm currently waiting for a black sub so the 300 just wasn't what I was really looking for in a watch right now.
Thanks for the answer.

I’m not a fan of beige myself, and that’s what I see in the pictures, but if it’s more of a brown colour I might like it in person.

But for right now I have other plans.

Stupidity is doomed, therefore, to cringe at every syllable of wisdom

Heraclitus of Ephesus
Amochosto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2020, 08:09 AM   #24
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Did you buy this? Can I
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2020, 07:25 PM   #25
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
...My wife, who has a way with words, was less complementary in front of the poor salesman...
Awe, come on and share! We won't tell her
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2020, 09:54 PM   #26
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I went back and forth on this watch and could not find one to check out in person. This watch is difficult to source and when I was given the chance to buy, without first handling it, I did it. Why not? The cost is why but I justified that in my head and moved on. The watch is very nice, super light weight and the bracelet is great and unique. The watch changes colors depending on the light. It goes from light brown to darker brown. I like it and now I am trying to find the NATO strap but they are not selling the bracelet or strap separately right now according to Omega.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200718_101939 (002).jpg (209.6 KB, 299 views)
File Type: jpg 20200718_101954 (002).jpg (215.9 KB, 303 views)
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2020, 10:36 PM   #27
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I went back and forth on this watch and could not find one to check out in person. This watch is difficult to source and when I was given the chance to buy, without first handling it, I did it. Why not? The cost is why but I justified that in my head and moved on. The watch is very nice, super light weight and the bracelet is great and unique. The watch changes colors depending on the light. It goes from light brown to darker brown. I like it and now I am trying to find the NATO strap but they are not selling the bracelet or strap separately right now according to Omega.
Congrats - it’s a lovely watch. I will defo pick one up at some point too!
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2020, 10:30 AM   #28
Bruno007
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LB "Bluesy"
I really like this watch for all of the reasons that most people don't. It is extremely light, I like the dull titanium instead of stainless. I already have three other dive watches in stainless so I like that it is different. The brown dial is really beautiful and the tan indices complement the bezel and dial. While i get the issue with faux patina I think its more about the color palette of the watch than fake patina. Hopefully the price will discourage a lot of people from getting one, which means even though it is not a limited edition it will probably be a low production model. Which means when they stop making it when the next Bond watch comes out it will be more appreciated due to relatively lower numbers being made. Even if that is not the case I like having a watch that is different from what everyone else is wearing. Also they made the watch with an aluminum dial and bezel so it can fade over time and develop its own patina. I am looking forward to how the watch ages. All of this is to say that I really like this watch which is why my AD called me last week and I picked one up.
Bruno007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2020, 12:33 PM   #29
JohnGingerwood
2024 Pledge Member

I think it’s awesome! Congrats.
JohnGingerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2020, 12:58 PM   #30
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandacat View Post
9k for grade 2 titanium watch, pass. If it was grade 5 i would be tempted. But even then, 9k is a little steep.
This and I'm not a fan of the mesh looking band; I'd have to go rubber if I got one.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote