The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 29 March 2020, 12:01 AM   #4141
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
Even as my lungs burn while typing this, yeah, I'd rather not see such draconian measures here. Chicagoans are by and large complying and staying home. Lake Michigan beaches are closed. Riverwalk is closed too, but that was already empty when I walked along it a few mornings ago.
Fear is the currency of control.

We need to remember that.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Old 29 March 2020, 12:07 AM   #4142
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post

100%, fear is the enemy.
Old 29 March 2020, 12:09 AM   #4143
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Well Godspeed the Wuhan citizenry if loosening their restrictions proves unwise. But if loosening works with social distancing and increased hygiene then we all will learn something from their decision.

On restrictions here, my State leadership decided against it and deferred to Counties/Cities. My County decided yesterday to lockdown. But failed to give fair warning, it took place at Midnight that very day.

Reasonable exceptions and a small thing for me, but major immediate layoffs for all businesses that were “non-essential”. They are the ones who should be first in line for any business stimulus. I have been overnighting cash to family members who were caught completely off guard. Used Adult Signature Required due to amounts.

BTW, anyone shipping a watch via USPS, I learned they suspended collecting signatures in my area. On Registered and other signature required shipments, they knock on the door and are sure an adult takes the package but no signing the mobile device carriers use.

I don’t know UPS or Fedex guidelines but a good question for their customer care dept. before shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 29 March 2020, 12:10 AM   #4144
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:

I was talking to a front desk staffer at my building this morning (from a 10 foot distance) and she says she's scared to come in for work. But she's 30, in good shape, and this seems to hit men harder.

A few days ago I suggested she put my package on a table, go back behind the desk, and then let me grab it. They're now doing that for all package pickups. There's now also a belt barrier keeping residents from getting too close to the desk.

I'm doing my part to avoid spreading whatever caused my respiratory infection, but I don't think people like her should let fear take hold.
Old 29 March 2020, 12:32 AM   #4145
snoride
"TRF" Member

Covid-19: The game is over?!

http://jdmichel.blog.tdg.ch/archive/...qwwI8JCGLt45X0

"To close everything down unavoidably leads to economic and social disaster. Given the lack of means to apply the best strategy (detection – confinement – treatment), resorting to a lock-down is archaic and hardly effective, but it was the only one possible."

Interesting article worth reading. I do believe at this point social distancing / Stay-At-Home is the best we can do. Here on Hilton Head Island our Mayor was inviting tourists up until recently. No longer welcoming them but they are still coming
Old 29 March 2020, 12:41 AM   #4146
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Even as my lungs burn while typing this, yeah, I'd rather not see such draconian measures here. Chicagoans are by and large complying and staying home. Lake Michigan beaches are closed. Riverwalk is closed too, but that was already empty when I walked along it a few mornings ago.
Positive vibes your way brother.

Chin up. Stand tall. Nothing can keep you down. And we both know it.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 29 March 2020, 12:52 AM   #4147
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Positive vibes your way brother.

Chin up. Stand tall. Nothing can keep you down. And we both know it.
Thanks Seth. If it weren't for vaping/e-cigs I wonder if I'd have gotten symptoms at all. At this point my doctor is willing to refer for a COVID-19 test, but there's no medical cure for it so I don't see the point. Many of us will get it and 99% will end up fine -- which isn't to say the 1% isn't a tragedy, because it is
Old 29 March 2020, 12:56 AM   #4148
zorinindustries
"TRF" Member

Watch: It varies

Have spent all day so far in hospital with COVID+ patients. I know this is a dark time for our economy, our at-risk populations, and our daily lives. But here’s a relief from the stream of bad news: I’m personally seeing amazing acts of kindness and courage daily here. Young, healthy staff are doing jobs that they shouldn’t have to in order to protect older, more at-risk colleagues. Doctors are seeing every patient they can, regardless of PPE or risk to their health. Even administrators who left clinical work behind for the desk are taking temperatures and screening patients to reduce risk. So much kindness and love you can see by looking.

Yes, this time showcases the weaknesses of our existence, but it also gives the brave and selfless a chance to do what they do best - care. I’m very proud of my staff and colleagues. If you look around, you’ll find the same! Stay safe, brothers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 March 2020, 12:57 AM   #4149
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

my dad passed away today due to pneumonia caused by the virus. he was on a ventilator for 3 days and everything was looking a lot better then his heart just stopped. its really no joke, stay safe everyone.

58 years old and completely healthy, unbelievable
Old 29 March 2020, 12:59 AM   #4150
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
my dad passed away today due to pneumonia caused by the virus. he was on a ventilator for 3 days and everything was looking a lot better then his heart just stopped. its really no joke, stay safe everyone.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine the shock and pain.
Old 29 March 2020, 12:59 AM   #4151
zorinindustries
"TRF" Member

Watch: It varies
Quote:

Much love your way, brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 March 2020, 12:59 AM   #4152
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:

I agree with the sentiment, however I also hope that “fear” and acting safely and social responsible, aren’t confused with each other.

Too many instances where people aren’t taking this seriously enough.
Old 29 March 2020, 01:00 AM   #4153
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

I am truly sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and your family. May he rest easy.
Old 29 March 2020, 01:01 AM   #4154
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
The biggest point and one I have been a proponent on since this all started is:

MASKS

That's right Masks.

I agree with the video in that the whole narrative regarding masks "doing more harm than good and healthy people shouldn't wear them", was a very thin cover story for the nasty fact that there are not enough masks and if you aren't a health care worker, you aren't essential enough to have one, so a cooked up a counter story was concocted to cover that unpleasantness.

I believe this too. I can't for the life of me see that a mask is a bad idea (unless used improperly of course)... But I do think the message from "experts/leaders" are saying the opposite due to a shortage. As I mentioned a while ago, in Asian countries it looks like the public are using masks.
Old 29 March 2020, 01:08 AM   #4155
Brenngun
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Quote:
I would rather die of coronavirus then live under that type of control. In fact in order to have the unprecedented freedom the west now enjoys many millions of people had to die in battle.
Even if stepping out of your comfort zone or suspending your personal beliefs for a short period of time would ensure your loved ones survival? Isn't that what the millions of brave soldiers did on the battle field? Their goal was to band together to fight off a common enemy threatening their loved ones way of life. I'm all for freedoms and freedom of choice but in situations of this nature fully exercising those freedoms at your individual will may also condemn others who may not share your willingness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoride View Post
http://jdmichel.blog.tdg.ch/archive/...qwwI8JCGLt45X0

"To close everything down unavoidably leads to economic and social disaster. Given the lack of means to apply the best strategy (detection – confinement – treatment), resorting to a lock-down is archaic and hardly effective, but it was the only one possible."

Interesting article worth reading. I do believe at this point social distancing / Stay-At-Home is the best we can do. Here on Hilton Head Island our Mayor was inviting tourists up until recently. No longer welcoming them but they are still coming
And this is the kind of activity that will continue to give the virus a playground to perpetuate its growth. For the past 20 years I've made an annual trip to Hilton Head Island with a close group of friends at this time. We cancelled this year with the express intent of not potentially bringing an unwanted passenger with us to share with the good people of SC or bringing one back home. Good Luck to you and your family.

Old 29 March 2020, 01:10 AM   #4156
Cool watch
Banned

Quote:

Deepest condolences to you and your family.
Old 29 March 2020, 01:11 AM   #4157
LandWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Very sorry to hear that. With the very best wishes ..
Old 29 March 2020, 01:12 AM   #4158
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:

I’m so sorry for your loss. There are no words other than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenngun View Post
Even if stepping out of your comfort zone or suspending your personal beliefs for a short period of time would ensure your loved ones survival? Isn't that what the millions of brave soldiers did on the battle field? Their goal was to band together to fight off a common enemy threatening their loved ones way of life. I'm all for freedoms and freedom of choice but in situations of this nature fully exercising those freedoms at your individual will may also condemn others who may not share your willingness.
That’s exactly why I am respecting the requested social distancing time frame.

I said I would rather get coronavirus and die than have soldiers walking up and down the street forcing me to comply with an authoritarian governments orders.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Old 29 March 2020, 01:14 AM   #4159
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:

That's horrible to hear. Sorry and RIP. Hope you have people around you that you can lean on during this time.

And I hope nobody continues to say this is just the flu, because clearly it is not. The flu doesn't strike down this many healthy people. for every death, there are many devastated family members and friends left in its wake

Again I'm sorry to hear. I know grief can be a long road, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel
Old 29 March 2020, 01:14 AM   #4160
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Just found out my elderly aunt tested positive.

She was with my folks about 10 days ago.

She went out playing cards with her friends afterwards.

Doesn’t change my thoughts on any of this.

Old 29 March 2020, 01:16 AM   #4161
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

I’m sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately it is all too believable.

Old 29 March 2020, 01:16 AM   #4162
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Just found out my elderly aunt tested positive.

She was with my folks about 10 days ago.

She went out playing cards with her friends afterwards.

Doesn’t change my thoughts on any of this.
Sorry to hear this brother, I hope she pulls through.
Old 29 March 2020, 01:18 AM   #4163
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was talking to a front desk staffer at my building this morning (from a 10 foot distance) and she says she's scared to come in for work. But she's 30, in good shape, and this seems to hit men harder.

A few days ago I suggested she put my package on a table, go back behind the desk, and then let me grab it. They're now doing that for all package pickups. There's now also a belt barrier keeping residents from getting too close to the desk.

I'm doing my part to avoid spreading whatever caused my respiratory infection, but I don't think people like her should let fear take hold.
Are you saying you went into work??? Seriously?
Old 29 March 2020, 01:19 AM   #4164
Brew
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I am so sorry. peace
Old 29 March 2020, 01:21 AM   #4165
djgallo
Banned

I don’t believe the majority of face masks can prevent the inhalation or exhalation of Atomized Microscopic Virus....but, I think that wearing them can help people keep their social distancing - which makes sense. So I agree that wearing the masks can be positive....if put in perspective.
Old 29 March 2020, 01:21 AM   #4166
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:

So sorry to hear this.
Old 29 March 2020, 01:22 AM   #4167
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenngun View Post

And this is the kind of activity that will continue to give the virus a playground to perpetuate its growth. For the past 20 years I've made an annual trip to Hilton Head Island with a close group of friends at this time. We cancelled this year with the express intent of not potentially bringing an unwanted passenger with us to share with the good people of SC or bringing one back home. Good Luck to you and your family.
Agreed. If only temporary to combat this virus.
Old 29 March 2020, 01:22 AM   #4168
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
Are you saying you went into work??? Seriously?
No, I live in an apartment building and am ordering things so I can stay at home. They are not willing to bring packages up to apartments, so I had to go down to the lobby. Even Amazon Whole Foods delivery will not go to apartment doors here anymore.

I washed my hands before leaving my apartment and advised all staff to stay a safe distance away. I am wearing a mask and not entering elevators that have other people inside.
Old 29 March 2020, 01:24 AM   #4169
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No, I live in an apartment building and am ordering things so I can stay at home. They are not willing to bring packages up to apartments, so I had to go down to the lobby. Even Amazon Whole Foods delivery will not go to apartment doors here anymore.

I washed my hands before leaving my apartment and advised all staff to stay a safe distance away. I am wearing a mask and not entering elevators that have other people inside.
Ah. OK. Stay safe, and speedy recovery.
Old 29 March 2020, 01:34 AM   #4170
djgallo
Banned

Quote:

Sad to hear of the loss that you and your family have encountered. My condolences.
Closed Thread