The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 7 January 2024, 07:14 AM   #121
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by southtexas View Post
How about a boy and his dog. Just back from an overnighter on the beach.

And tell me dogs don’t have souls:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beautiful. I believe.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 07:21 AM   #122
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

We spent the holidays away from home and we left Norma at home with a couple that we know.

It was ok knowing she was in our house, but I knew she’d struggle without her people.

I was the first in the door to see her after having been away for over 2 weeks and let me tell you … the crying (yes crying) that she and I shared was epic. I’m not ashamed to admit, I missed her a ton, we all did. I’ve never heard her cry the way she did when she saw us come through the door. She was so excited she had a pee accident on the Kitchen floor.

Yes, dogs know their people and we think of Norma as much more than just a dog, she’s part of us and our family.

Old 7 January 2024, 10:53 AM   #123
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
We spent the holidays away from home and we left Norma at home with a couple that we know.

It was ok knowing she was in our house, but I knew she’d struggle without her people.

I was the first in the door to see her after having been away for over 2 weeks and let me tell you … the crying (yes crying) that she and I shared was epic. I’m not ashamed to admit, I missed her a ton, we all did. I’ve never heard her cry the way she did when she saw us come through the door. She was so excited she had a pee accident on the Kitchen floor.

Yes, dogs know their people and we think of Norma as much more than just a dog, she’s part of us and our family.

That’s great. My wife would never let’s leave our dog for two weeks. She would consider the same as leaving one of her kids behind. Most definitely part of our family
Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 10:58 AM   #124
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
That’s great. My wife would never let’s leave our dog for two weeks. She would consider the same as leaving one of her kids behind. Most definitely part of our family

Trust me … I probably had the hardest time deciding whether it was the right thing to do

Old 8 January 2024, 02:42 AM   #125
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Had to bring one of my 3 dogs to the vet today for a checkup and vaccinations, he's getting old at 14 years but still such a handsome boy. My wife wrapped him in a blanket just so he wouldn't shed all over inside the new car lol... also who says a GT3 isn't a practical car?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B.jpg (256.6 KB, 139 views)
ButtButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2024, 03:13 AM   #126
NYUofA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtButt View Post
Had to bring one of my 3 dogs to the vet today for a checkup and vaccinations, he's getting old at 14 years but still such a handsome boy. My wife wrapped him in a blanket just so he wouldn't shed all over inside the new car lol... also who says a GT3 isn't a practical car?
That’s awesome. My boy just passed away and among my many regrets as his dad, one of my regrets is I never got a chance to give him a ride in my GT3….
NYUofA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2024, 03:15 AM   #127
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYUofA View Post
That’s awesome. My boy just passed away and among my many regrets as his dad, one of my regrets is I never got a chance to give him a ride in my GT3….
Sorry to hear that, I can't imagine how I'll feel when my dogs go, they're all getting up there in age.

This guy is the first one in the new car, the other two are waiting for their turns!
Old 8 January 2024, 03:23 AM   #128
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
That’s awesome. My boy just passed away ….
I’m sorry to hear, that has to be rough.
Old 8 January 2024, 03:23 AM   #129
NYUofA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
Same. My boy was my first child. We had him before our kids. I lost my son, and it’s one of the hardest things I’ve experienced in life.

Hug your pup. Kiss them. Love them. Laugh with them. Let the little things go like when they tear stuff up because they got pissed you left them at home for a couple hours. Dogs bring so much joy with that special unconditional love we can only experience with these magnificent pups. I’ll always miss my boy.
NYUofA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2024, 02:11 PM   #130
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
So lovely. Glad you all had a great trip, T-Bone!

Quote:

White Collar Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2024, 02:21 PM   #131
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Quote:

I hear you I am at the point I can’t even leave my pooch now, big trip this year and I paid for insurance so I can cancel.

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2024, 07:15 PM   #132
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Collar Boy View Post
So lovely. Glad you all had a great trip, T-Bone!

Travel is fun, but the best part is coming home :

Old 9 January 2024, 07:16 PM   #133
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondoggy View Post
I hear you I am at the point I can’t even leave my pooch now, big trip this year and I paid for insurance so I can cancel.

And here I thought I was the only nutty dog dad

Old 13 January 2024, 04:28 PM   #134
alex.cicollo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few
Quote:

Really sorry to hear it. Mine passed away the year before last, and I still cry…
alex.cicollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2024, 04:29 PM   #135
alex.cicollo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

She is beautiful.

What a lovely story!!
Old 13 January 2024, 04:31 PM   #136
alex.cicollo
2024 Pledge Member

A man and his dog ….

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtButt View Post

My staffy pup regularly travels in my new Targa, there’s an owners club meeting today, and she’ll be coming along. Thankfully there’s minimal shedding….

Old 13 January 2024, 08:05 PM   #137
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.cicollo View Post
She is beautiful.

What a lovely story!!

Old 4 May 2024, 09:52 PM   #138
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Thank you all so much for sharing your furry family members!!

Here’s my sleepy pup hanging out with me in the garage this beautiful morning.

MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 01:38 AM   #139
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.cicollo View Post
My staffy pup regularly travels in my new Targa, there’s an owners club meeting today, and she’ll be coming along. Thankfully there’s minimal shedding….
Not shedding helps... I'm still finding dog hair in my car all these months later even though we wrapped him up in a blanket and I've cleaned/vacuumed the inside multiple times now lol