The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 January 2023, 11:25 AM   #91
Texex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
I have both and I would do it depending on the extra cash. Easier to replace the BLNR than to get an Apollo 13 50th from an AD. I waited 6 months for the Rolex and 2 years for the Snoopy.

Both great watches but you already have a great Rolex collection.

And keep in mind your audience when making up your mind. Post this on the Omega forum (or Patek, GS, etc) and you might get a different result.
Old 31 January 2023, 05:02 PM   #92
jeffgo888
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me disappear into
No.NO.NO.
I would trade it for the PINK SIDE OF THE MOON..:)

jeffgo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2023, 05:36 PM   #93
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRell View Post
Because out of all the GMTS, colors and combos, over the history of Rolex GMTS, the 126710BLNR on jubilee has only be available since 2019, and the ADs don’t get many of them compared to other watches. Now if Rolex keeps it alive for years to come, then forget what I said, but I doubt it will be available in that exact configuration too much longer. I would at least wait and see what Rolex does in March. I added more to my post above, maybe trade the bluesy, easier to get and you have the blue dial with the datejust and submariner with the 124060.
In my opinion the 126710BLNR will always be in the Rolex GMT II lineup, similar to the Black Submariner. The BLNR bezel colours perfectly represent night and day. The BLNR took the place of the black bezel GMT when the Pepsi was released, and it will always be available as the best representative of the GMT night and day. Go for the Snoopy OP, it's special and may not be available for long, it's based on a very prestigious award from Nasa to Omega Speedmaster. It's not something Omega came up with, it was given to it by Nasa for its achievement in the space program in which it beat Rolex and others.
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2023, 05:40 PM   #94
Bijorn24
"TRF" Member

I have to go see how this Snoopy watch looks like. Really up to you to decide whether to make the trade. You're in a Rolex forum so majority would say no 😆
Bijorn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2023, 05:43 PM   #95
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langeholic View Post
The distinct lack of empathy and respect in the responses shows that this really wasn’t the right place to ask this kind of question. But that’s not your fault, OP. Anyway, you can get the BLNR at retail again after not too long of a wait. The Snoopy, on the other hand, is harder to get. It’s a beautiful, charming watch.
Even if not from AD, the BLNR is getting much closer to retail by time.
Old 31 January 2023, 05:43 PM   #96
Sauzo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Snoopy
If you like it, go for it. As others have said, it would be a lot easier to replace the BLNR than a Snoopy. Especially if the discontinue the Snoopy at the 55th anniversary. Heck look at the going prices of all the anniversary ones and amount on say Chrono24. Then compare how many BLNR there are on there. If you could do a straight trade, I’d say he’ll yes. Worst case you trade it back for another BLNR and cash your way. The Snoopy appeals to a wide audience range. Heck I’m still debating on a black Daytona or Speedy 321 still. My OB told me they have gotten a total of 2 speedy 321 last year and they are the only OB in Washington state. I stand a better chance of getting struck by lightning while standing in the OB than I do of getting a 321.
Sauzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2023, 05:48 PM   #97
SLWoodster
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
Emphasis on "kind-of."

It's not a rare watch and it's not supposed to be. Great watch at $5k.

BLNR has been out 10 years this year. It can be had on jubilee on 11 series with super jubilee bracelets. Rolex ADs used to sell bracelets without asking you to provide the actual watch all the way til about 2018-2019. Coincidentally, the 12 series was released with a jubilee and easylink clasp. If you want to split hairs... the 126710BLNR has already been manufactured for its 4th year. LOL.

If you don't love it, let it go. Snoopy is way way way harder to get than a BLNR.

Show up to a watch meet up and you'll see subs, green subs, pepsis, BLNRs, daytonas... Very few modern Rolexes are actually rare and they're definitely not the stainless ones, it's just that there are 1.2 million watches a year and more than 10 million people trying to buy them. The only "rare" stainless Rolex watches released in the last 10 years... dare i say... 20 years... are some colors of the OP39s and OP41s that got discontinued within 2-3 years. Even more rare are khanjar, SAS, secret service engraved. They were manufactured for such short short periods of time and got discontinued.

Quote:
Do what you like best. Personally I am not a fan of the snoopy omega, though I know it is popular. It is more rare, though the BLNR on jubilee will also be kind-of a short run. If it were me and if I loved the snoopy, I would trade the bluesy or blue datejust (also had them). They are much easier to replace and both have similar blue dials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMelo View Post
Good insight. Thanks! Not in a rush to make any move right now... just entertaining some ideas. The open case back of that snoopy is a thing of beauty imo
SLWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2023, 05:52 PM   #98
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
If you like it, go for it. As others have said, it would be a lot easier to replace the BLNR than a Snoopy. Especially if the discontinue the Snoopy at the 55th anniversary. Heck look at the going prices of all the anniversary ones and amount on say Chrono24. Then compare how many BLNR there are on there. If you could do a straight trade, I’d say he’ll yes. Worst case you trade it back for another BLNR and cash your way. The Snoopy appeals to a wide audience range. Heck I’m still debating on a black Daytona or Speedy 321 still. My OB told me they have gotten a total of 2 speedy 321 last year and they are the only OB in Washington state. I stand a better chance of getting struck by lightning while standing in the OB than I do of getting a 321.
I say if you already have a couple of Rolex it's a no brainer to go for Omega 321 over black Daytona or Snoopy over BLNR. Then get more Rolex if you need to. Prices on most Rolex are getting close to retail, and several are already under retail.
Old 31 January 2023, 05:57 PM   #99
Sauzo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Snoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manamana View Post
I say if you already have a couple of Rolex it's a no brainer to go for Omega 321 over black Daytona or Snoopy over BLNR. Then get more Rolex if you need to. Prices on most Rolex are getting close to retail, and several are already under retail.
I just have my trusty Sub that is my go everywhere watch. I also recently picked up a Tudor Pepsi as I like the aluminum bezel color of the red/blue better. Looking to round out the core with a chrono which brings me to a black Daytona as the white one really does nothing for me or the 321 even though I’m not a huge NASA buff or history buff but for some reason, I see that watch and am drawn to it. I’ll figure it in a couple weeks…..or might think longer lol.
Sauzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2023, 06:11 PM   #100
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Never ever. Batgirl is a gorgeous watch
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2023, 11:18 PM   #101
dEagle
"TRF" Member

Watch: Horage Supersede
Throw that Bluesy out for the Snoopy.
dEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2023, 11:58 PM   #102
RogerOP
Banned

I'd do it for the 124060/Blusey, not the BLNR IMO.
RogerOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2023, 12:04 AM   #103
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLWoodster View Post
Emphasis on "kind-of."

It's not a rare watch and it's not supposed to be. Great watch at $5k.

BLNR has been out 10 years this year. It can be had on jubilee on 11 series with super jubilee bracelets. Rolex ADs used to sell bracelets without asking you to provide the actual watch all the way til about 2018-2019. Coincidentally, the 12 series was released with a jubilee and easylink clasp. If you want to split hairs... the 126710BLNR has already been manufactured for its 4th year. LOL.

If you don't love it, let it go. Snoopy is way way way harder to get than a BLNR.

Show up to a watch meet up and you'll see subs, green subs, pepsis, BLNRs, daytonas... Very few modern Rolexes are actually rare and they're definitely not the stainless ones, it's just that there are 1.2 million watches a year and more than 10 million people trying to buy them. The only "rare" stainless Rolex watches released in the last 10 years... dare i say... 20 years... are some colors of the OP39s and OP41s that got discontinued within 2-3 years. Even more rare are khanjar, SAS, secret service engraved. They were manufactured for such short short periods of time and got discontinued.
Is there a million Rolex produced a year? That is what I heard. But then break that down by model and individual AD allocation, then on top of that the specific BLNR and then on jubilee. Not like buying eggs at the grocery store!
Old 1 February 2023, 12:04 AM   #104
NachoNeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
Negative.
Old 1 February 2023, 12:06 AM   #105
tifosi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Is their million Rolex produced a year? That is what I heard. But then break that down by model and individual AD allocation, then on top of that the specific BLNR and then on jubilee. Not like buying eggs at the grocery store!
Who can afford eggs?????
Old 1 February 2023, 12:09 AM   #106
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
Who can afford eggs?????
No idea ask my wife can’t stand grocery shopping!
Old 1 February 2023, 12:11 AM   #107
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
I just might.
Kinnakeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2023, 12:39 AM   #108
kwingy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerOP View Post
I'd do it for the 124060/Blusey, not the BLNR IMO.
Do this - those are easy to replace, the BLNR is not.
kwingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2023, 12:53 AM   #109
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member

Thank you everyone for the insight! I guess I should wait a bit longer this year before making a decision. This part is the fun part of the hobby.
HelloMelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2023, 01:51 AM   #110
"TRF" Member

I wouldn’t trade the BLNR. If you really wanted to trade then why don’t you trade one of your two subs?
1259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2023, 01:54 AM   #111
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Snoopy is way more difficult to obtain at retail vs Blnr. Blnr can easily be replaced.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2023, 02:46 AM   #112
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrpdc View Post
Snoopy is way more difficult to obtain at retail vs Blnr. Blnr can easily be replaced.
"Easily" is 5 years to never for the unwashed masses
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2023, 02:56 AM   #113
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Thank you everyone for the insight! I guess I should wait a bit longer this year before making a decision. This part is the fun part of the hobby.
The challenge is that it might be replaced on the 60th anniversary.

I wouldn’t pay gray market prices for this reference, but then again, I’d have my eyes wide open.

Only you can really decide whether it’s worth it to you, but IMHO it’ll be easier to get your hands on another BLNR at an AD down the road than it will be to get the Snoopy.

I’d have a more Frank discussion with your boutique, assuming you’re working with one (not and AD).
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2023, 03:03 AM   #114
yesnaya
"TRF" Member

I would 100% trade that zenith for the snoopy. Chrono for chrono, white dial for white dial.

I know the bluesy, 124060 and the BLNR have a similar aesthetic... but you have all 3 so i guess it doesnt bother you too much.
Old 1 February 2023, 03:16 AM   #115
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnaya View Post
I would 100% trade that zenith for the snoopy. Chrono for chrono, white dial for white dial.

I know the bluesy, 124060 and the BLNR have a similar aesthetic... but you have all 3 so i guess it doesnt bother you too much.
The Bluesy has sentimental value along with my DJ41 so the only watches i would move is the BLNR or my Zenith. If i were to ever get a chance to buy the snoopy, Zenith would be the first to replace it (white dial chrono for a white dial chrono).
Old 1 February 2023, 03:19 AM   #116
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3 + 4
No i would not
hgg43c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2023, 03:24 AM   #117
Agamemnon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex - Panerai
No
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2023, 03:47 AM   #118
yesnaya
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The Bluesy has sentimental value along with my DJ41 so the only watches i would move is the BLNR or my Zenith. If i were to ever get a chance to buy the snoopy, Zenith would be the first to replace it (white dial chrono for a white dial chrono).
We agree. Zenith for the snoopy. And keep the BLNR.
Old 1 February 2023, 04:08 AM   #119
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
There are a lot of Rolex's that I would trade for a Omega in a heartbeat. To me, especially what I put them threw the Omega is a Much better watch in real life usage. Especially the movement in the 88XX & 89xx compared to the 32XX's.

But.... In this case I would not. The Snoopy is a niche watch, The Batgirl is a beautiful piece paired with the jubilee bracelet. There is nothing else like it at the moment and could easily fulfill all the parameters of a GADA watch. One "could" settle for a Batgirl as their only watch and be happy the rest of their days.

Omega has announced a new standard of accuracy of 0 to +1. I would wait for a new model chronograph to emerge and just add that to my collection.
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2023, 04:48 AM   #120
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ2020 View Post
There are a lot of Rolex's that I would trade for a Omega in a heartbeat. To me, especially what I put them threw the Omega is a Much better watch in real life usage. Especially the movement in the 88XX & 89xx compared to the 32XX's.

But.... In this case I would not. The Snoopy is a niche watch, The Batgirl is a beautiful piece paired with the jubilee bracelet. There is nothing else like it at the moment and could easily fulfill all the parameters of a GADA watch. One "could" settle for a Batgirl as their only watch and be happy the rest of their days.

Omega has announced a new standard of accuracy of 0 to +1. I would wait for a new model chronograph to emerge and just add that to my collection.

Dumb question but what is a GADA watch?