The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you rather wait up to a month for a SD43 or walk out with the Hulk today?
SD43 466 47.55%
HULK 514 52.45%
Voters: 980. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 October 2022, 02:14 AM   #181
sdlivin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post
What value does the red lettering add to the SD43? It’s a color. Of course it’s not going to add “value” other than being visually appealing.
Well....I would say that it adds incredible value. The red lettering Submariner from the late 60's to the mid 70's is on the list of "must have's" for any serious collector. Now, my argument could also be said of the Hulk in about 20-30 years. The green coloring could become iconic. But to my liking, the green is on par with adding diamonds to a Rolex. Why? Just Why? It kills me. Does nothing but add bling appeal. It definitely sticks out. But I actually use my watches for diving and sports wear as well as "fancy" dress. So my liking is more on the sporting aspect of watches.
sdlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2022, 04:28 AM   #182
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Funny to read answers to the OP's question coming in five and a half years layer

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2022, 05:39 AM   #183
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Back in 2017, I had the chance to hold both in my hand at the AD. For me, the SD43 was the clear winner. I could still wear a Hulk like once a month, don't get me wrong, but I didn't want it like I wanted the SD.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2022, 05:41 AM   #184
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Funny to read answers to the OP's question coming in five and a half years layer

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
Did he ever decide?
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2022, 05:48 AM   #185
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlivin View Post
Well....I would say that it adds incredible value. The red lettering Submariner from the late 60's to the mid 70's is on the list of "must have's" for any serious collector. Now, my argument could also be said of the Hulk in about 20-30 years. The green coloring could become iconic. But to my liking, the green is on par with adding diamonds to a Rolex. Why? Just Why? It kills me. Does nothing but add bling appeal. It definitely sticks out. But I actually use my watches for diving and sports wear as well as "fancy" dress. So my liking is more on the sporting aspect of watches.

But the red lettering is just aesthetics. It does nothing for the function of the watch, just like a green bezel.
You don’t just like the green. Which is totally fine, but let’s not make it like there’s some objective reason for it.
bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2023, 12:53 PM   #186
sdlivin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
But the red lettering is just aesthetics. It does nothing for the function of the watch, just like a green bezel.
You don’t just like the green. Which is totally fine, but let’s not make it like there’s some objective reason for it.
I do like the green. Just not as much as the SD43. The red makes an incredible amount of difference. The Red Subs from the late 60's and early 70's show the incredible amount of history in regards to the red writing. Check out the prices of the DSSD. I guess my argument could be used against me also because the green is incredibly unique as well, but just not in the Rolex historical context as is the red writing.
Old 31 January 2023, 02:00 PM   #187
sdlivin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I do like the green. Just not as much as the SD43. The red makes an incredible amount of difference. The Red Subs from the late 60's and early 70's show the incredible amount of history in regards to the red writing. Check out the prices of the DSSD. I guess my argument could be used against me also because the green is incredibly unique as well, but just not in the Rolex historical context as is the red writing.