The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 24 October 2008, 12:50 AM   #1
Damavand
"TRF" Member

Watch: Your Six...!!!....
Hall of Shame: John Taylor of Kuala Lampur, Malaysia.

Fellow TRF members:

With utmost pleasure, I would like to introduce you to latest entry to TRF's Hall of Sname, a scumbag, scammer with probably fake name of : John Taylor from Kuala lumpur, Malaysia.

He contacted me ten days ago to purchase my Rose Gold, Day/Date that I had for sale in this forum. After agreeing on the price, I suggested on emailing him my bank routing wire info on my next email to which he replied he preferred to send a cashier check drawn on a U.S. bank account to my home address. That rose all the "RED FLAGS" in me and I knew I could not trust this dude...( Informed him in that case, it would be more than 2 weeks before I would send him the watch )

As he stated, by overnight service, I recieved a check issued by a Al Rajhi Banking & Investment Co., Kuala lumpur with header affiliation of JPMorgan Chase Bank N.A. New York...to my name but, NO NAME, ADDRESS, OR REF. TO THE SENDER....!!!!!

I laughed my arse off showing that half descent, " HALF PASSABLE " cashier check to my wife. With her suggestion, I took the check to a nearby Chase bank branch, they declined to cash and the branch manager expressed his reservation regarding authenticity. Although, he did confirm the account number WAS a legit number but the piece of paper printed on, was a different story..

A week later, (to my astonishment).. wouldn't you know..??????.. my bank manager called to inform me regarding the Declined cashier check ( Him and I spoke when I deposited the check )....LMAO Again....

I just sent the declined trash to a friend who's an FBI agent here in Phoenix , with John's info on hand.

Since then, I have decided this watch looks best on my own wrist.....I am keeping this babe.!!

TRF Friends, Just watchout....they keep trying...Don't fall for scams..!!

Mark...

P.S.....Here's all the info that I have on this jack ass..

-------------------------------------------------------------

John Taylor
johntaylor0708@yahoo.com

No 2-1 Jln PJS 8/6
Mentari Business Centre
Bandar Sunway 46150
Selangor,Malaysia
Tel no:6013-2580832
Damavand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2008, 01:51 AM   #2
HKperf
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 M Coke
wow I've received the same check from this guy 2 weeks ago delivered by DHL wanting to by my 12k panerai. since we don't have JP morgan chase in west coast i had to deposit to see if anything happened. I did feel very suspicious before i made the deposit since there were no senders information on the check. He even called me a few times. since i wasn't convinced this was a legit transaction, i started asking him various questions about watches in general. sure enough this guy called john taylor could not answer all the questions i ask regarding watches..
the check is made from a existing business account number and bank routing number.
however, BE SUPER CAUTIOUS WITH CHECKS~!!!
Hublot Icebang Ceramic Tungsten
HKperf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2008, 03:49 AM   #3
Damavand
"TRF" Member

Watch: Your Six...!!!....
HKPerf,

Tell me you have not sent him the watch....
O.K. I am sure you have not done so...I am calm now...

One question..since you spoke with him,Did he sound like a YANK or with foreign accent..?? just curious..If he is a yank, I will be able to put FBI on his trail...

Anyways....this scumbag has a print house working over time for his scams...

Folks, watch out for this MOFO...

Maybe we should get the moderator put a APB on the GENERAL DISCUSSION about him and his scams...hope there are no victims credited to him out there....

Mark.
Damavand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2008, 04:32 AM   #4
toph
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Brellum,
cheers guys- thanks for the information

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2008, 06:27 AM   #5
HKperf
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 M Coke
no way i didn't send the watch...i sent him an email about his check being returned and he replied back saying he didn't feel comfortable so he canceled the check..
well he is definitely south east asian. very thick accent when he speaks..my guess is that this scammer has gotton a hold of someone elses account number and created a check..dont think he sounded like john taylor.
Hublot Icebang Ceramic Tungsten
HKperf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2008, 12:19 PM   #6
Z-Sub
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Not a ONEWatch Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKperf View Post
no way i didn't send the watch...i sent him an email about his check being returned and he replied back saying he didn't feel comfortable so he canceled the check..
well he is definitely south east asian. very thick accent when he speaks..my guess is that this scammer has gotton a hold of someone elses account number and created a check..dont think he sounded like john taylor.

Just his name raised suspicion for me. Even though there are many ex-patriots, it's not a common name for a Malaysian
TT Blue Submariner "P"
SS GMT-Master ll "M", Pepsi
Pam 311, 524, 297
Z-Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2008, 11:31 PM   #7
ajfjunior
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II C
not only are there frauds with watches but you have to be careful with money too!..
ajfjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2008, 11:40 PM   #8
astcell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116713
Let's all "sell" him watches and have him overnight the checks to us. Use up his funds!